Review Request: nike air max 2 cb 94

Whats up?

Could you guys help me get a review and a decision on whether to buy the nike air max 2 cb 94?

I'm 5' 7, 125 lbs. I'm always moving and play pg. I shoot and drive in the lane. Hope this helps. If you can't write a review, vote how many stars the shoe is.
Myspace

I wouldn't recommend this shoe for a PG.

Sizing
Runs true to size...I have 2 pairs of these in 11 and that's the same size I wear in most other shoes

Fit
On par with most other Big man / Force type shoes. They tend to be more avg / wide. I have found the flights to be on the narrow side.
The inner bootie provides a good fit in these without being too restrictive.
You can wear them without lacing them and they won't slip too much for casual wear due to the inner bootie as well.

The only problem is the lacing system. The lace locks are hard to get tight. You have to pull each set of laces individually and lock them in place, instead of newer speed lacing systems where you can pull on the tops of the laces and tighten the entire shoe. If you want your laces tight it will take you a few minutes.

Comfort
Excellent. These shoes flex in the right places, they're stable, and make your feet feel good.

Ankle Support
Excellent. These are on the higher side of most mid cut shoes. If you tighten the laces properly your ankle isn't going anywhere.

Cushioning
Excellent. The max sole is firm but not too hard and the forefoot air unit provides enough cushion for a player that pounds in the paint.

Weight/Position
I'm about 190 and I play down low on the blocks.

Overall:
8/10
For a shoe that is based on 12 year old technology, these are exceptional shoes. On the other hand, the lacing system is outdated and hard to use, and the pricetag (if you don't get them on sale) is a bit high ($115) for shoes that are based on 12 year old technology.
Anyone that would like big man shoes would do well in these, but I don't recommend them for guards due to the higher cut and the max air cushioning system. Most guards prefer zoom based shoes with more "court feel"

Western Conference Semifinals
BEAT L.A.
(AGAIN)[/b]​
[/b]

I have wide feet also, would it be good?
Right now in basketball, I am playing a small forward.
Are these shoes very durable?
Thanks for the review

Peace

Hey Matrix31Stat32,

What do you think would be a good shoe for me if not the nike air max 2 cb 94? I'm looking for white/navy shoes, so what do you have in mind?
Myspace

I might just cop these shoes i've always loving these.
"And i'm fly with my gear/
Plus I fly in the air/
You coach like my girl bag/
I fly in the Lear/"
-Hell Rell

If you like max based shoes, by all means, go for these...I just think for a guard there probably are better shoes out there...it really depends on your preferences.
As for guard shoes, i'm really not one to ask...all of the kicks I play ball in are designed for bigger players.

Also, they shouldn't be a problem for normal / wide feet unless your feet are extra wide...can you usually wear normal kicks or do you have to go buy shoes in widths?

BEAT L.A.
(AGAIN)[/b]​
[/b]

Would these shoes be considered indoor or outdoor basketball shoes?
How durable are these shoes?

Thanks
What it do

Peace

Traction is average...not great but not bad on a clean court.
I never wear any of my kicks a ton...I have so many shoes I rotate them so I wouldn't know about durable. I don't let any of my kicks get in bad shape. They are indoor shoes.

BEAT L.A.
(AGAIN)[/b]​
[/b]

I've played in these shoes for about 5 months with no problems (they are infact one of my favorite shoes of all time).

I only experienced one problem which was the degrading of the insole. Other than that, the cushioning is great, so is the fit, ankle support, and traction.

If I had the opportunity of getting another pair, I would without hesitation.

By the way, i'm about 6'0 150 and prefered this shoe over the H2K5.

Back
Top Bottom