Review Request: Nike Zoom Flight Five

I know there are probably a hundred reviews of this shoe on NT, but I couldnt find a one in the archives.
Was wondering what everone thinks about this shoe?

PS - After seeing Westbrook for OKC wear them this year, I really like the looks but wasnt sure how they are from a performance standpoint. Help me out

I had a pair of these when they first came out back in the day and I'm getting another pair. Here goes:

They're best for indoor use. They're inspired by track shoes and the traction is great. The cushioning is a winner too. Mainly zoom air. They'reroughly mid-cut, but they're pretty supportive and are ankle wrap/tape friendly too if you wrap your ankles. The sole is sort of prone to falling apartafter long-term use since it's more foam-like than regular rubber. The jewel can also catch damage too. They can be somewhat stiff when they're firstworn but they're winners and one of the Nike ball shoes I've ever played in. They deserved to be retroed. You can find pretty cheap now and they'reworth it.

mind you those are the originals...the retros run a bit on the narrow side and for some reason I found the forefoot cushioning to not be quite as soft as theoriginals

Originally Posted by goosebear10

mind you those are the originals...the retros run a bit on the narrow side and for some reason I found the forefoot cushioning to not be quite as soft as the originals

OGs are narrow too... not sure if less narrow than retros, haven' tried them.

Cushioning was fairly minimal too.

They're dirt cheap at 44.99 now at Nike Factory. Great shoes imo, just need to be lace really tight and wear thicker socks in order to get more anklelockdown feeling

Back
Top Bottom