REVIEW REQUEST: Reebok ATR Vertical III and Adidas Gil Zero Mid

hey all, i was thinking about ordering these shoes and i was wondering if anybody had a review for them.

heres a few of the things im interested in finding out about for each shoe:
-sizing
-ankle support
-cushioning/comfort
-traction

a review on one or both would be great. thanks to anybody who can help.

ATR Vertical III is close to being good but the rubber outsole is too stiff and traction not as sticky as the Answer XI. The shoe also is somewhat unstable asit has a higher base and tends to tip over like a Shox shoe would. The heel cushioning is actually very responsive via the foam transition-based set-up, butthe forefoot is fairly stiff.

The biggest problem w/ the Vertical is simply lacing it up. The way the upper's assymmetrical lace set-up is aligned, you have to pull HARD to get a snugfit. The eyelets are slits in the upper also, making it that much more difficult to lace tightly. I had better luck lacing the patent version tightly ascompared to the leather upper variation.

I'd skip the ATR and get the AnswerXI on sale.

ok thanks b1lly. i was kinda hesitant on the atr verticals. hows the ankle support on the answer XIs?

Ehhhh....That review is a bit disheartening. I REALLY love this shoe. The Verts. could be among my favorite shoes from the past few years, and I was hoping theperformance would be akin to the awesome flavor of the shoe...

^^^same way i was feeling after that. i ended up going with the gil zeros because i know i like those.

Ankle support on the Answer11 is great. While the cut isn't high, it's all about having a stable base.

^^^yea..i might have to see if anywhere around me has the answers so i can try them on.

Back
Top Bottom