RIP Chuck Brown-- God Father of Go-Go gone

Chuck Brown, the gravelly voiced bandleader who capitalized on funk’s percussive pulse to create go-go, the genre of music that has soundtracked life in black Washington for more than three decades, died May 16 at the Johns Hopkins University hospital in Baltimore. He was 75.

The death was confirmed by his manager Tom Goldfogle. The Washington Post reported earlier this month that Mr. Brown had been hospitalized for pneumonia.

Source

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Rip Chuck brownGogo in dc is dead has been since 07

I m not big on Gogo but thug passion,roll call,classy girl, whipwhop, and slipping by I wannay say tcb are my jams

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

RIP most people not from the area won't understand the significance of this.

True indeed,but if you know about/like the Soul Seachers then show some love for the man.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by Keif Sweat

My man finally busted loose. RIP.

Really?
Busting Loose is one of his most famous songs. More importantly, I used the reference to imply he is finally going to heaven (if you believe that sorta thing). Maybe its because I grew up in black churches but usually when someone dies, especially at his age, its more of a celebration than a somber event. Relax folks. It kills me how some of you pick and choose when to be PC on here tho
laugh.gif

Not a go-go fan, but he was a musical legend in the area.

RIP to a soulful man.

My man finally busted loose. RIP.

Really?
Busting Loose is one of his most famous songs. More importantly, I used the reference to imply he is finally going to heaven (if you believe that sorta thing). Maybe its because I grew up in black churches but usually when someone dies, especially at his age, its more of a celebration than a somber event. Relax folks. It kills me how some of you pick and choose when to be PC on here tho
laugh.gif

Bro you actually have a point, thanks for explaining

Okay... I hear you... no hard feelings... but ummmm... are you trying to school ME (a DC NATIVE) about "Busting Loose" or were you speaking to everyone?

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Really?
laugh.gif

Bro you actually have a point, thanks for explaining

Yeah no doubt. I have nothing but the utmost respect for him and lots of other soul artists from his era. Shade would never be thrown by me in an instance like this.

Okay... I hear you... no hard feelings... but ummmm... are you trying to school ME (a DC NATIVE) about "Busting Loose" or were you speaking to everyone?
Son...how the HECK am I supposed to know where you're from?
laugh.gif
The way you were offended by my comment led me to believe you didn't get the reference but I guess I threw it in just to explain my previous comment in general.

being from socal, i def. appreciate the genre...only cuz i somehow enjoyed baltimore club music
laugh.gif

RIP.

Offended?... naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Before you explained what it is you meant by that comment,I thought it was pretty tasteless.

It's over and done.

laugh.gif
@ the "ock ock" going on in here on the low though.

Back
Top Bottom