RIP George Floyd

at the end of the day...**** round two. They tried to pander to save their store and it backfired.

they’ve never stood on any cause in their history but today of all days they do? **** them

consigners are ****ed which is messed up but FCLA got goat and footlocker money to bounce back.

sole stage a trash store with a scum owner.**** em too
I’m pretty Sean Wotherspoon will resell his seeded pairs of his upcoming ASICS collab, so that’ll cover some stuff.

Being from Los Angeles I’m smirking that the white area got ****ed up this time and not black and brown communities
I think it’s more indicative of societies infatuation with materialism. Car dealerships, malls, shoe stores, hypebeast shops, high end stores. They should be hitting gun shops and grocery stores in these times of civil unrest. Those fly clothes can’t protect you and you can’t eat them either.

Should rotate every night between cities for this summer if we really bout it , wit. Minny NEVER letting up till yo do at least 30
Folks have a lot of time with everything covid related going on and it being summer
Throw in the fact that they might not even start trial for awhile

dont look like the nyc supreme store was touched but the nudie jeans store across the street is trashed and some guy with a cowboy hat was arrested

Last edited:

Now?

Late pass.

We BEEN here Shaun.

This country aint never been anywhere else...Black folks got the memo centuries ago Fam.

giphy (5).gif

This just has me thinking. I’m speaking of ignorance so let me know. Before the death of Trayvon Martin, it just feels like the mobilizing spirit that is somewhat prevalent today, was pretty dormant after the end of the civil rights era and with the decline of the black panther party

Near the end of the Civil Rights Era and with the decline of the Panthers, what happened to the mobilizing spirit that was so prevalent during those times? There was the LA riots in 92, but what about any other mass uprisings from the 80s throughout the 00’s? Was it the crack era that just calmed that spirit or what?
Up until 10’s a lot the negative portrayals were pushed & gloried for the entertainment of other. I’m accredited this new emergence of “wokeness” specifically to black women on YouTube & Twitter b/c they were loud as hell & rightfully so. The Shea/Cocoa Butter ones.

They had a lot to do w/ making it “cool” to immerse themselves & unapologetically so in their blackness by updating/modernising what was left off in the 70’s. Whether u find them annoying or not, they’re the MVP’s really.

I think it’s more indicative of societies infatuation with materialism. Car dealerships, malls, shoe stores, hypebeast shops, high end stores. They should be hitting gun shops and grocery stores in these times of civil unrest. Those fly clothes can’t protect you and you can’t eat them either.

I hear what you’re saying but I can’t help but feel that this generation was able to organize and target specific areas due to having social media communication at their disposal. The 92 LA riots obviously didn’t have social media so the people rioted in their own areas and attacked whatever was closest to them. Grocery stores, clothing stores, pharmacies were hit but I do recall FootLockers, TV/radio electronics and furniture stores were as well. I think it was just whatever was available to them.

Up until 10’s a lot the negative portrayals were pushed & gloried for the entertainment of other. I’m accredited this new emergence of “wokeness” specifically to black women on YouTube & Twitter b/c they were loud as hell & rightfully so. The Shea/Cocoa Butter ones.

They had a lot to do w/ making it “cool” to immerse themselves & unapologetically so in their blackness by updating/modernising what was left off in the 70’s. Whether u find them annoying or not, they’re the MVP’s really.
As far as this new emergence of “wokeness” as you say goes, I’ll definitely give it up to them. As well as the lines of Tariq and Umar. It just seems like things were dormant for the longest until we started seeing all of this injustice more often because of social media.

Again, stealing/looting is more of a middle finger to authority than anything.
This.

Trevor Noah nailed it. Human societies are bound by the social contract. When one or more parties breach it and abuse their position, those who are on the receiving end of the abuse no longer consider themselves bound by that contract. This is why even though I don't condone the looting and the chaos, I would be silly to ask looters to hold their end of the bargain when the state fails to uphold theirs.

As far as this new emergence of “wokeness” as you say goes, I’ll definitely give it up to them. As well as the lines of Tariq and Umar. It just seems like things were dormant for the longest until we started seeing all of this injustice more often because of social media.

Media being more prevalent has definitely helped, seeing these murders take place in real time so to speak jars one differently than reading about it in a paper or even hearing about it on the news. Also there are some people out here that are unfortunately just showing up to be seen and get pics taken for their social media. I saw some of that going on today as well.

Back
Top Bottom