RIP Joe Paterno

Humbled

formerly whatslosinlike
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Not to sound like a jerk but I knew this would happen.
30t6p3b.gif

When you're that old and been doing something for so long...and then get let go like that and have nothing left to do...

Like with most old people they stop working and they die soon after

Time for god to decide which gates he is walking through me hoping it's hell

Originally Posted by NooEra

Covered up child-rape. I'm good.
I don't think he covered it up per say, but he didn't do anything to stop it. 
I have no respect for the man. But may he go out in comfort.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

When you're that old and been doing something for so long...and then get let go like that and have nothing left to do...

happens everytime, my wifes grandpa died a month after he retired , worked 50 years for ny transit ....

Originally Posted by NooEra

Covered up child-rape. I'm good.

How is reporting to your authorities an incident someone else vaguely described to you covering up child rape?
Or are you just an idiot?

Originally Posted by MonStar1

I aint eeem mad

troll
this is really sad as a Penn State alum; I am totally against what he didn't do in the Sandusky case but the last few months for me have been filled with sadness and anger towards everyone associated with this.

From idolizing Joe Pa to pretty much losing all respect for him in a couple of days and feeling such anger for what Penn State did in covering up abuse against innocent child and now he is going out like this; very sad for everyone associated with Penn State.

Funny how no snitching is glorified when grown people lose their lives but people are crucifying Joe Pa for "not doing enough".

It's not like he didn't do @*#!. He went through the chain of command and unfortunately, the person on top didn't do more. Sandusky was already let go by then...right?

Sad situation all around.

Funny how no snitching is glorified when grown people lose their lives but people are crucifying Joe Pa for "not doing enough".

It's not like he didn't do @*#!. He went through the chain of command and unfortunately, the person on top didn't do more. Sandusky was already let go by then...right?

Sad situation all around.

+1 
if Joe Pa retired years before I can assure you that he would not have been the one who took it on the chin like he did; that is no justification but ESPN choose to bury Joe Pa and the rest of media outlets followed.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

[h1]from 10/2008[/h1][h1]Brent Musburger Offers Some Troubling News About Joe Paterno[/h1]
Yesterday, ABC sportscaster Brent Musburger popped by the Dan Patrick show to talk about all things college football and one of the topics that came up was the remarkable success of Penn State this season under 82-year-old head coach Joe Paterno. But then the conversation turned a little grim. Musburger admits to having a personal friendship with Paterno and says that through his candid conversations with JoePa, he knows exactly why he continues to after all of these years.
"This is a tough one for me because I have to say up front that JoePa is a dear friend of mine...I'll tell your listeners the truth as to why he still does it. He is fearful — and he looks back at Bear Bryant as the example — he is fearful that he would not be with us if he stepped away. He is a man that doesn't fish, doesn't play golf...he has no other interest other than his family and football. And he's just afraid what would happen with the rest of his life if he walks away from it."
Now, this is not Musburger speculating, but Paterno admitting he's afraid he'll keel over once he retires, which is just extremely sad. Remember,Bear Bryant died just 28 days after announcing his retirement from Alabama. No pressure on Penn State to give Paterno another one year contract or anything, though. Brent Musburger on national title contenders, Joe Paterno [Dan Patrick]

http://deadspin.com/5064085/brent-musburger-offers-some-troubling-news-about-joe-paterno

That's the card your going to pull? 

Back
Top Bottom