RIP Kim Peek AKA Rain Man

I watched a Documentary on him on the science channel one night, and the guy was absolutely fascinating to the guy up there that got to meet him that i wouldhave loved to meet him and ask him questions.

His wealth of knowledge was unbelievable and his dad is the true meaning of a father

This dude was incredible, the human brain is amazing. RIP

Sad to see a father outlast his son, but god knows what Kim would have done without him, his father was ever present.

eek.gif
Kim Peek visited my school about 1-2 months ago...

RIP

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by daproblem53

damn mad people dying lately =/....RIP
Really, because people have been dying everyday for a very long time....

RIP to this man I knew very little about, sounds like he lived a full life despite his situation.

his documentary is on youtube if you wanna know more... edit: already posted

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

they say celebrities die in 3's...there's #3...

People really need to stop that 3 mess.
Seriously... people clutching at straws trying to explain things that dont need an explanation.

Originally Posted by pdm 87

I had the privilege of speaking with him and his dad on a number of different occasions. Best one was when I asked him to tell me Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, he replied with "97 Taneytown Road Gettysburg Pennsylvania, 17325... but he was only there for one day."

One of the funniest things i've ever heard.
eek.gif
you met dude, wow, bet that was quite an experience

and yeah, to the peeps that have mentioned his pops, his pops was a great guy for taking such good care of him and for helping share his son's amazingtalents with the world. if you haven't seen the documentaries you def need to see them. this guy is waaayyyy more interesting in real life than the movieRainman. i'm sad he passed but in a way i'm glad he passed before his pops. can't imagine what would have happened to the guy without his pops

RIP

His Wikipedia page is so interesting.

From Wikipedia:
According to Peek's father, Fran, Peek was able to memorize things from the age of 16-20 months. He read books, memorized them, and then placed them upsidedown on the shelf to show that he had finished reading them, a practice he maintained. He read a book in about an hour, and remembered almost everything he hadread, memorizing vast amounts of information in subjects ranging from history and literature, geography, and numbers to sports, music, and dates. His readingtechnique consisted of reading the left page with his left eye and the right page with his right eye and in this way he could read two pages at time with arate of about 8-10 seconds per page. He could recall the content of some 12,000 books from memory.

I wish i could do that!

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I hope dude who wrote the movie broke him off a piece or two for it.

He did get an honorary oscar for it. He traveled often with it . The thing was definitely not babied, had the finish coming off and everything, but he wasalways so proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom