RIP Metrodome

They play in a dome bruh......how do they have an advantage in bad weather games?It would be closed when its raining/showing really hard.......
eyes.gif

Prior the building of the dome....when the Vikings went to all these Super Bowls?  Remember that? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Who the hell designed this stadium? Bad engineering ftl.
Their supposed to design things with worst case scenarios in mind.

They know that much snow is possible and yet they put a fabric roof on it? It makes no sense.
o_rly.jpg

Are you an engineer??  Probably not

I'm not from MN but someone else here said they haven't gotten that much snow since the 60's.  Sure there are factors of safety and whatnot when designing buildings but it's only common practice to design for a "reasonable" worse case scenario.  Economics and risk are taken into account.  Sure they could've designed the dome to hold that much snow but what is the likelihood of that happening? 

They know that much snow is possible and yet they put a fabric roof on it? It makes no sense.
o_rly.jpg

I'm not from MN but someone else here said they haven't gotten that much snow since the 60's.  Sure there are factors of safety and whatnot when designing buildings but it's only common practice to design for a "reasonable" worse case scenario.  Economics and risk are taken into account.  Sure they could've designed the dome to hold that much snow but what is the likelihood of that happening? 

I'm excited for the game in Detroit tomorrow night, tickets are free so I'll be heading to Ford Field in the morning to pick some up.

I'm excited for the game in Detroit tomorrow night, tickets are free so I'll be heading to Ford Field in the morning to pick some up.

Originally Posted by bruza

o_rly.jpg

Sorry but when you build something you have to take worst case scenario in mind. Believe it or not the twin towers were built to withstand an airplane crashing into them, even though that's not a "reasonable" worst case scenario. If that much snow has fallen there once before what made them think it wouldn't happen again? Did they just hope that much snow wouldn't fall again? It's a horrible mistake by the people who built this thing.

Originally Posted by bruza

o_rly.jpg

Sorry but when you build something you have to take worst case scenario in mind. Believe it or not the twin towers were built to withstand an airplane crashing into them, even though that's not a "reasonable" worst case scenario. If that much snow has fallen there once before what made them think it wouldn't happen again? Did they just hope that much snow wouldn't fall again? It's a horrible mistake by the people who built this thing.

I'm with Bruza. I'm an engineer myself and that stuff does make a difference. You can make a factor of safety of let's say 10, but that would be incredibly unreasonable economically, so you do have to make compromises.

I'm with Bruza. I'm an engineer myself and that stuff does make a difference. You can make a factor of safety of let's say 10, but that would be incredibly unreasonable economically, so you do have to make compromises.

Originally Posted by acidicality

That's a big compromise to make. You make compromises elsewhere but not on the damn roof when they know how much it snows. 

Originally Posted by acidicality

That's a big compromise to make. You make compromises elsewhere but not on the damn roof when they know how much it snows. 

will be in attendance tomorrow hating on Favre 100% and rooting for all my fantasy players 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

will be in attendance tomorrow hating on Favre 100% and rooting for all my fantasy players 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom