roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif
glasses.gif

30t6p3b.gif
That's not cool. 

I guess its time for a new dome...
I'm surprised that fabric was able to handle that much snow all these years...

I guess its time for a new dome...
I'm surprised that fabric was able to handle that much snow all these years...

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

well at least i will get to see a monday night football game in detroit with 2 good teams playing.

What game are you going to?

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

well at least i will get to see a monday night football game in detroit with 2 good teams playing.

What game are you going to?

[h4]Apparently this isn't the first time this happens, I got this from Wikipedia.
[/h4][h4][/h4]
[h4]Deflations[/h4]

The Metrodome, several hours after heavy snow and high winds from the December 12, 2010 blizzard caused the roof to tear and deflate
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Five times in the stadium's history, heavy snows or other weather conditions have damaged the roof and caused it to deflate. On November 19, 1981, a rapid accumulation of over a foot of snow caused the roof to collapse, requiring it to be re-inflated. It deflated the following winter on December 30, 1982, again because of a tear caused by heavy snow. This was four days before the Vikings played the Dallas Cowboys in the last regular season game of the 1982 NFL season. In the spring following that same winter, on April 14, 1983, the Metrodome roof deflated because of a tear caused by a late-season heavy snow, and the scheduled Twins' game with the California Angels was postponed. On April 26, 1986, the Metrodome roof suffered a slight tear because of high winds, causing a nine-minute delay in the bottom of the seventh inning vs the Angels.

On December 12, 2010, at about 5:00 a.m., the roof had a catastrophic collapse as a result of more than seventeen inches of snow the previous day, sustaining three tears in the process. The Vikings and the New York Giants had been scheduled to play a football game that afternoon. The game had already been postponed to Monday night due to the closure of Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport[sup][14][/sup], and concerns of stadium officials.[sup][15][/sup] Because of the tears in the roof, the NFL relocated the game to Ford Field in Detroit; ticket-holders who could journey to Detroit were promised seats on the fifty yard line, while free general admission tickets for the game would be given away at Ford Field on Monday morning.

[h4]Apparently this isn't the first time this happens, I got this from Wikipedia.
[/h4][h4][/h4]
[h4]Deflations[/h4]

The Metrodome, several hours after heavy snow and high winds from the December 12, 2010 blizzard caused the roof to tear and deflate
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Five times in the stadium's history, heavy snows or other weather conditions have damaged the roof and caused it to deflate. On November 19, 1981, a rapid accumulation of over a foot of snow caused the roof to collapse, requiring it to be re-inflated. It deflated the following winter on December 30, 1982, again because of a tear caused by heavy snow. This was four days before the Vikings played the Dallas Cowboys in the last regular season game of the 1982 NFL season. In the spring following that same winter, on April 14, 1983, the Metrodome roof deflated because of a tear caused by a late-season heavy snow, and the scheduled Twins' game with the California Angels was postponed. On April 26, 1986, the Metrodome roof suffered a slight tear because of high winds, causing a nine-minute delay in the bottom of the seventh inning vs the Angels.

On December 12, 2010, at about 5:00 a.m., the roof had a catastrophic collapse as a result of more than seventeen inches of snow the previous day, sustaining three tears in the process. The Vikings and the New York Giants had been scheduled to play a football game that afternoon. The game had already been postponed to Monday night due to the closure of Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport[sup][14][/sup], and concerns of stadium officials.[sup][15][/sup] Because of the tears in the roof, the NFL relocated the game to Ford Field in Detroit; ticket-holders who could journey to Detroit were promised seats on the fifty yard line, while free general admission tickets for the game would be given away at Ford Field on Monday morning.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

roll.gif
roll.gif

Inflatable roof though?
It isn't entirely uncommon for domed stadiums. If I can recall correctly, the Silverdome in Detroit & the RCA Dome in Indy had inflatable roofs, too.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

roll.gif
roll.gif

Inflatable roof though?
It isn't entirely uncommon for domed stadiums. If I can recall correctly, the Silverdome in Detroit & the RCA Dome in Indy had inflatable roofs, too.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by blakmn89

wonder if da vikings hv plans on makin an outdoor stadium?

I doubt it.  Vkings fans...are you (taxpayers) already on the hook for Target field?  I'm really getting sick of taxpayers and cities being held hostage in order to get new stadiums built.
possibly a retractable roof. i can't imagine them not going with it, though. of course this is depending on whether or not they can work out some sort of agreement with officials on how it should be financed.

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by blakmn89

wonder if da vikings hv plans on makin an outdoor stadium?

I doubt it.  Vkings fans...are you (taxpayers) already on the hook for Target field?  I'm really getting sick of taxpayers and cities being held hostage in order to get new stadiums built.
possibly a retractable roof. i can't imagine them not going with it, though. of course this is depending on whether or not they can work out some sort of agreement with officials on how it should be financed.

http://www.vikings.com/stadium/new-stadium.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_Stadium

Back
Top Bottom