RIVALS.COM 2009 PRE-SEASON NCAA FOOTBALL RANKINGS

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I don't know about our D-Line being better next season. Fili was big in clogging the middle and Kyle was good in coverage. When you consider we have a brand new LB corp, I'm not comfortable with Malik and Everson being the ends considering both are speed pass-rushers.
Kyle Moore was good in coverage, because he wasn't great at rushing the QB,
laugh.gif
. His long arms made him good in coverage. Fili will be missed, but I think the speed at the ends is going to make the D-Line better. A rotation of Malik, Everson, Kennard and Perry,
eek.gif
. I think Tupou and Armstead will make a solid DT tandem. If Mays comes back,
eek.gif
. We will have a solid defensive unit, young, but solid.

The LB corp is young, but Galippo has been filling in for Maualuga (when he gets gassed) this past season. They looked good in mop up duty, let's see if they put it together. I feel good about the unit stepping in. Unlike 2005,
smh.gif
. People forget that the defense was garbage that year, especially after the heart of the D, Lofa, bolted early.

Wait...is Kennard for sure?!

Wait...is Kennard for sure?!
Almost,
tongue.gif
, I want to say it is in the bag. However, wontsay anything until LOI day.

I like the DL group coming in if we land Kennard. Fangupo is a big dude. Look out for James Boyd, if he adds some weight, he will be a solid DE, kid is fast.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Call me a homer but Cal's chance against USC is higher this time around; we aren't playing them in November, and it's a home game. I wouldn't bet on it, but I feel it'll be a helluva game, possibly like the last time we beat them.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Pac-10 is getting stronger...of course UW/WSU still need work, but you get the point
I agree, I gotta buy some tickets early this time (I missed out too years ago), hopefully we can stay ranked around the top next season. Ididn't expect us to be that high in rank though.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Damn that's sick. Now if we just lock up Te'o, I'll be a happy man.
I would throw up on myself if y'all landed both Te'o and Kennard
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom