Roger Federer is certified GOAT

Here come the Nadal fans.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Are you kidding me? He's had the best start to his career of anyone in the modern Tour era's history. And he has dominated Federer head-to-head.

Don't act like his name is not VERY relevant to this discussion.

Just a few months ago, every sportswriter was writing off Federer as finished and Nadal as on the road to being the GOAT.

How quickly we all forget.....

All I'm saying is it still is a bit premature to be crowning Nadal as the GOAT.
So let me now say it unequivocally: Rafael Nadal is certain to break Sampras'/Federer's record for career Grand Slam titles. He will go down as the greatest tennis player in history. You heard it here first.
Don't get me wrong, what Nadal as done so far is amazing and has never been done before, but Roger's entire body of work is currently farsuperior to Nadal's.

Oh, we're on the same page, I thought you were referring to my earlier post.

I agree. Even if Nadal were to reach Federer's total # of slams, he'd need a US Open title to vie with him. The fact that Federer finally won at RolandGarros is huge, and it's what makes it impossible to argue that Sampras was better.

ska- Clearly a joke dude.

Nadal vs Federer is pretty one-sided nowadays (had to head), I don't know why people are dismissing Nadal completely. Nadal will get his fair share ofslams eventually.

Congrats to federer winning at Roland Garros, but I need to see him win it going through Nadal first before I give him some major props.

Sure it'd be nice if Roger won Roland by beating Nadal, but you can't blame Federer for Nadal exiting early. Winning a Slam is winning a slamregardless.

He gets credit of course, you still have to win the slam.

All I'm saying is that Roland belongs to Nadal, it just doesn't have that same feel winning it without facing Nadal.

Nadal will surpass Federer and be the GOAT. 6 slams? and he's only 23. Just needs to tone his game down in certain spots to attain the longevity thatFederer has. Federer hasn't even beaten Nadal in his surface while Nadal beat Federer in his grass surface. Roger still top 3 ALL-TIME tho as of right nowtho....

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Nadal, of course, is not only standing in Federer's way, but now clearly chasing him as well. Federer won his first Grand Slam title at age 21 and, by his 23rd birthday, had won two more. Sampras had won four by that age. Nadal is well ahead of that pace, having won his first Grand Slam at the precocious age of 18 (6 grandslams at 23)
glasses.gif

So let me now say it unequivocally: Rafael Nadal is certain to break Sampras'/Federer's record for career Grand Slam titles. He will go down as the greatest tennis player in history. You heard it here first.

french22.jpg

197578-federer_cry.jpg

did someone forget federer's accomplishments in his golden 3years?

nadal has more grand slam at age of 23 whatever, but when he turns 27, you think he'll have about 13?

best start doesn't really matter when we don't know how he's going to end up.

Back
Top Bottom