RoomMate or own Spot

I've got a room mate now; I've had my own spot before

It basically comes down to the finances

Keep a room mate; pay $500 a month, share a bathroom etc

Own spot; $1170 a month, great view, dope apartment, washer dryer, brand new apartment.

What would you do?

Located in DC by the way

I've got a room mate now; I've had my own spot before

It basically comes down to the finances

Keep a room mate; pay $500 a month, share a bathroom etc

Own spot; $1170 a month, great view, dope apartment, washer dryer, brand new apartment.

What would you do?

Located in DC by the way

Make adjustments..live by yourself..roommates suck

Do you have a decent amount in savings and have you budgeted for the increased rent? If so and you're just tired of living with someone, go for it.

Do the roommate thing until you save a grip of cash, then get your own spot until you get in a serious relationship.

Last edited:
Do you have a decent amount in savings and have you budgeted for the increased rent? If so and you're just tired of living with someone, go for it.

As a single 25 year old, how much is a decent amount?

Got my own apartment. $812/month rent near Atlanta

Had around $5k saved before i made the leap. I wasnt about that roommate life.

But having to fully furnish the apartment on one income

Speaking as someone that currently lives with a roommate, definitely own spot.

Doesn't matter how cool your roommate is or how well you get along with them.  Own spot is always better.

Get you a female roommate so you'll have cheaper rent and easy access to yambs...

DO NOT MOVE IN WITH YOUR GIRL!

Unless your forced to move out on your own, I'd wait until I had....

1. All my basic furniture needs.

2. 3 months rent (after deposit and 1st months)

3. Steady income

4. Reliable transportation.

being entirely responsible for yourself and your environment >>>>>>>>>>>>

Anybody else scared of being alone at night?
Feels like that would be the ideal time for ghost spirits to put in work,

If you're asking this question, I'm guessing you want to do it solo...take the roommate opportunity for the next 6-12 months so that you can invest all your extra savings towards your own spot in the near future

I love living alone, did the roommate thing for 5 years and it's great to split bills and all but it gets annoying when their girl is always over and they are cooking dinner, etc.

of course own spot much better, you dont have to deal with roommate drama if you can't get along with them. more freedom too but if u new in town and want to make some friends then having roommate will be a good choice for start

Back
Top Bottom