ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

For my job we need to wear all black shoes. I was planning on getting the black sails and I was wondering what type of paint should I use to cover the grey sole and make it black. As a quick idea I thought about spray paint but if anyone has suggestions or experience please let me know.

For my job we need to wear all black shoes. I was planning on getting the black sails and I was wondering what type of paint should I use to cover the grey sole and make it black. As a quick idea I thought about spray paint but if anyone has suggestions or experience please let me know.
i suggest copping the women's all black with mint accents in it and just paint over those. Much much easier than having to paint the whole sole and not having it durable. 

...And well, that is if you can fit in a womens size

^Either that or grab one of the black pairs from the "split" pack and just paint the one colored panel.

Last edited:
I haven't posted here in forever, but I figured I'd share my recent pickups. I've been looking for these pairs for awhile and finally found a price I was willing to pay. Sorry for the crap picture 

i suggest copping the women's all black with mint accents in it and just paint over those. Much much easier than having to paint the whole sole and not having it durable. 

...And well, that is if you can fit in a womens size

I tried on the women's and they just did t fit right.

You should be able to go to your closet foot action and have them ship it to the store or your house. They told me that it'll cost $3 bucks to ship it and that's in California so idk about your location.
Just called the closest one and then don't carry sport red he said. I'm about to just order an 11 instead. I wear 11s in frees and most Nike Basketball shoes, so it'll be fine probably.

^Either that or grab one of the black pairs from the "split" pack and just paint the one colored panel.
That's what I did to one of my pairs. 
happy.gif

Here are all of your options for an all black Roshe at the moment:

If you could fit womens sizes, do the other suggestion of just painting the tabs on the black/mint womens CW. (someone posted a pic of their paint job here a few pages back recently)

Or you could just ID them like I did as well. (pics in the ID thread of someones elses all black ID)

And if you're really desperate, just pick up the black WVNs (although not as comfortable as the OG mesh).

But whatever you do, don't try to paint the soles if you're going to use them daily for work.

Loudest color in roshe history (don't know why iphone pics come out so freakin crapy)

And does anyone know how to hand wash roshes? Is it as effective as machine wash?

Last edited:

That's what I did to one of my pairs. :D

Here are all of your options for an all black Roshe at the moment:

If you could fit womens sizes, do the other suggestion of just painting the tabs on the black/mint womens CW. (someone posted a pic of their paint job here a few pages back recently)

Or you could just ID them like I did as well. (pics in the ID thread of someones elses all black ID)

And if you're really desperate, just pick up the black WVNs (although not as comfortable as the OG mesh).

But whatever you do, don't try to paint the soles if you're going to use them daily for work.

In that photo is that the og mesh? And what size should I try in the women's. I'll go and try it on again. I wear a size 9 in men's.

That pic is of the split pack that I painted. SInce you're a size 9 go try on the womens black mint colored Roshe in store and see which size fits you best. If you wear long pants for work, maybe you won't even need to paint the pull tabs...

Just read an article that said the 'Marble' pack is releasing October 5th in the US, can anyone confirm this?

That pic is of the split pack that I painted. SInce you're a size 9 go try on the womens black mint colored Roshe in store and see which size fits you best. If you wear long pants for work, maybe you won't even need to paint the pull tabs...

Okay i see. What did you paint it with? I may just buy the blk and red split pack and paint the red section. I like how the split pack feels anyways compared to the og mesh. And the wait to get the ID is too long I need them asap. I hear that an average time for roshes are a month. My best bet would to try and do what you did to your blk and crimsons. I looks nice I just need to know what you used.

Last edited:
I used vinyl dye spray paint. You can get them at most automotive shops. I've used this type of paint before to paint interiors of cars so I figured it could hold up to the use of a shoe.

I prefer the OG mesh myself and it would take a lot less time to paint just the pull tabs if I could have fit in the womens sizes.

Just a few quick tips for painting:

Prep is where it's key. Make sure to use acetone to wipe down the panel first of any shine/wax that was on there (especially around the edges where the panel meets the midsole.. When I did my paint job, I don't think I took enough of it off so the paint didn't stick very well the beginning (especially on the swoosh) and I ended up having to put on more coats of paint than I had originally planned.

Use multiple light even coats and make sure to let the paint dry in between coats. It took me a whole saturday and part of sunday morning to paint. If you get impatient and keep spraying you'll end up with runs in your paint. I just went out sprayed for about 1-2minutes then went back in the house while I waited for the paint to dry for about 30mins in the sun.

Don't forget to paint the inside part of the panel also, the color from the inside and edges show through.

Here is what the shoe looked like maybe about 75% done. You can't tell from the pic but at this stage when you tilted the show in the light, the orange would still show through so I had to put on more coats of paint to hide it.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions about spray painting...

@fourdoor. Sounds easy. But looks hard haha. That's man for your tips. Wish I could just pay you to do it lol. I'll see what I can do.

Does Nike let you ID the split pack?

Last edited:
Just called the closest one and then don't carry sport red he said. I'm about to just order an 11 instead. I wear 11s in frees and most Nike Basketball shoes, so it'll be fine probably.
I wear an 11.0 in free runs but wear a 10.5 in the Roshes. Size 11.0 Roshes folded in the toe to much for me but then again I don't have a wide foot so that plays a role too.

Back
Top Bottom