Rumor: Miami Rejected Amare for Marion/Beasley

Hey guys,

Someone on the Suns message board got an e-mail from a VERY reliable person who has a radio show in Phoenix and the person says Miami turned down a trade which would have brought Amare to Miami if they gave up Marion and Beasley.

Damn, can you imagine Amare and Wade together? SCARY!

Chalmers/Wade/Jones/Haslem/Amare is a contender.

If the rumor is true, Riley should have made that trade

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=878361http://www.realgm.com/boa...pic.php?f=20&t=878361

WOW... i knew that riley had something up his sleeve..... but aint no way in hell i would give up marion and BEASLEY for amare.... amare and wade would have been crazy... i would get rid of marion and blount....

miami rejected that?

eek.gif

i mean.. amare is a beast and all... but i dont know if he can take that miami is wades team... he has said before that he wants to be the #1 guy a team.... sowho knows if he will be a $+# in the locker room @%*!% and complain then the team get worse... and we are not really a running team so it might not fit hisstyle of play then he will probably complain some more...

Wow. Dumb move unless what YoungTriz said was the bottom line. That could have been one helluva duo, but if it were to cause chemistry issues it's best notto even risk it.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I wouldn't have given both of them for Amare. Riles could get better.

Are you kidding? Put Amare on the Heat with Wade and it's a wrap.

Are you kidding? No it wouldn't. People tend to worry about Amare making his own shots because he doesn't look like a star player without Nash settinghim up a lot. Riles was probably one of those people. I don't think that Pat wanted to risk Beasley on that, but that's just my guess.

Beasley is still the #2 draft pick. A lot of GMs would still be high on that. Riles could get better, or get Amare with a lesser offer. Marion himself couldprobably pull in a good player because of his $17 mil expiring contract. Him and Beasely is A LOT, even for Amare.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Beasley will be as good as Amare.
EXACTLY.

Marion + Another player + draft picks is more like it.

Plus, Amare would start *****ing and whining again once he gets there cuz hes not the #1 guy and honestly whos gonna feed both Wade and Amare the ball?

I think Miami wanted to keep Beasley for his potential, and probably because they worried about the type of Amare really is without a great point guard.

I don't think Amare is a good fit for Miami. He has already stated that he wants to be #1 on the team. MIA belongs to Wade. Beasley is a much better fitand easier to mold into a better teammate for Wade. They would be better served using Marion is some sort of sign and trade in the off season and get someyounger talented role players. Riles did the right thing here.

amare is not worth that much.

maybe when he learns to pass and rebound. but no way should the heat give up a top 2 pick along with a fat expiring contract for a black hole.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

laugh.gif

Amare has never been the same player that he was since he injured his knee, and is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. Isn't a good rebounderor shot blocker either. He is a force in the post and has stepped up his range, but Beasley is far more versatile offensively and will ene up getting better onD. Dude is a tremendous rebounder. He has played so well in his limited minutes this year and will be an all-star within two years.

laugh.gif

Amare has never been the same player that he was since he injured his knee, and is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. Isn't a good rebounder or shot blocker either. He is a force in the post and has stepped up his range, but Beasley is far more versatile offensively and will ene up getting better on D. Dude is a tremendous rebounder. He has played so well in his limited minutes this year and will be an all-star within two years.
Here is the biggest deal breaker, Beasley is 20, Amare is 26 (like you said, those knees are not getting younger). The East is owned by CLE andBOS right now. Unless Miami can make a serious move, then they would be crazy to make that deal. Wade's future is uncertain, so dumping a top pick is outof the question. If they can sign/trade Marion (Bulls might be willing to do something) at the end of the year for some descent role players then Miami wouldbe set to make a run in 2-3 years when Boston is over.

laugh.gif

Amare has never been the same player that he was since he injured his knee, and is one of the worst defensive big men in the league. Isn't a good rebounder or shot blocker either. He is a force in the post and has stepped up his range, but Beasley is far more versatile offensively and will ene up getting better on D. Dude is a tremendous rebounder. He has played so well in his limited minutes this year and will be an all-star within two years.
beasley might not be a beast like amare... but he has a lot of potential he already has a wet mid range jumper he can shoot the 3 or take it tothe rim.... miami seems to be doing very good getting him better on defense and if he can pick up lessons on defense from wade, and haslem... dude can bedangerous...plus beasley just turned 20 so dude can still bulk up and get quicker during the off season if he worked hard at it....
and marion that is a double double a night i think is too much...

Also. Worst case for Miami is that Wade walks and they want to blow it up without Beasley. He has something that Amare doesn't... the "potential"factor. Miami could get top trade value for Beasley because of what he is "going" to be, whether he does or not. With Amare, you already know whatyou are going to get and it is all down hill from here.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by NeonDeion

roll.gif
thats exactly why the heat had such a !!+%@% season last year.
why did they have a bad season last year???
I don't know why it was funny. But Wade missing 31 games probably helped. I have been an outspoken critic of Wades game. But I respect himbringing us Gold, so for that I will show him the respect he deserves. I actually want him to succeed now, we need more balance in the East. Top 2 seeds inthe East cakewalk to the finals, while the West battles it out. Anything to help my Lakers win it all, I am all for.

Back
Top Bottom