San Jose Niketalkers - Information Needed!

Got a new job in Silicon Valley and was hoping to get some feedback on San Jose as a city. Do any of you guys live there? What are some cool bars or restaurants? What's a good neighborhood to live in? That type of stuff. How is traffic? What parts of the city would I avoid in terms of finding a place to live? That type of stuff.

San Jose is ghetto as hell. I feel bad for my lil bro going to school there
laugh.gif

Again, it really depends.

East San Jose is "ghetto" by our standards, but compared to other cities, it's not bad. South SJ, where I live, is all middle-upper class suburbs.

Born and raised in San Jose, still live here in the suburbs. It gets boring .. but what I like about it is that it's close to other cities too.

Make a trip to SF, Santa Cruz during the summer, or whatever.

Traffic is good.

OP, where are you moving from?

Last edited:
Again, it really depends.

East San Jose is "ghetto" by our standards, but compared to other cities, it's not bad. South SJ, where I live, is all middle-upper class suburbs.

Born and raised in San Jose, still live here in the suburbs. It gets boring .. but what I like about it is that it's close to other cities too.
I feel you. I've only been around downtown SJ near campus. But my boy lives in a niec part of Santa Clara and that's cool and all. Campbell is cool

Born and raised in sf and have fam in sj...if San Jose is "ghetto" you must've popped a Molly because sactown-Modesto-Fresno area is a sh*t whole and long beach is a sh*t hole for so cal stop lying to this man... The world is a ghetto just enjoy the new life style and adventure but just don't do solid colors anywhere in Cali my only advice

Last edited:
Nawzlew, thanks for the response. I grew up on the East Coast but have spent the last three years all over the place traveling for work.

How is the downtown area? I would think that's fine and there is plenty of stuff going on, right?

Born and raised in sf and to day San Jose is "ghetto" you must've popped a Molly because sactown-Modesto-Fresno area is a sh*t while and long beach ain't no better
I'm sweatin!

Modesto-Fresno-Stockton 
sick.gif
 I'd rather move out of state. Never really considered those area's part of Sac tho. There are definitely "ghetto" parts everywhere. SF included. I just happen to stay in the "ghetto" when I'm in SJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sweatin!

Modesto-Fresno-Stockton :x  I'd rather move out of state. Never really considered those area's part of Sac tho. There are definitely "ghetto" parts everywhere. SF included. I just happen to stay in the "ghetto" when I'm in SJ.
Touché

Born and raised in sf and to day San Jose is "ghetto" you must've popped a Molly because sactown-Modesto-Fresno area is a sh*t while and long beach ain't no better
I'm sweatin!

Modesto-Fresno-Stockton 
sick.gif
 I'd rather move out of state. Never really considered those area's part of Sac tho. There are definitely "ghetto" parts everywhere. SF included. I just happen to stay in the "ghetto" when I'm in SJ.
That's because they aren't, they're 30+ minutes away from Sacramento.  Not to say Sacramento doesn't have it "bad" spots, like South Sac, but it's not as bad as Stockton.

Either way OP, I would try downtown SJ (http://sjdowntown.com/live-here/neighborhoods/).  It was cool the few times I went, near restaurants and bars, but I'm not a local, so I don't hear about any shootings or anything that goes down there, if any.  If you don't mind me asking, what kind of job did you get in Silicon Valley?
nerd.gif

Nawzlew, thanks for the response. I grew up on the East Coast but have spent the last three years all over the place traveling for work.

How is the downtown area? I would think that's fine and there is plenty of stuff going on, right?

It can, but it's really not like SUPER crackin'. There are a handful of clubs/bars in the area. Downtown is cool tho, SJSU is located there too.

I'd say it's a pretty safe area, but it is "downtown" so you have your hooligans :smile:lol) and homeless people sometimes, but it is rare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys.

Degenerate, it's a software engineer gig at one of the tech companies in the area.

i throw STREET WEAR party every thursdays night at PLAYHOUSE lounge in downtown san jose. Let me know if you trying to come kick it, we been sold out weekly since we took over the club 4 months ago.

i throw STREET WEAR party every thursdays night at PLAYHOUSE lounge in downtown san jose. Let me know if you trying to come kick it, we been sold out weekly since we took over the club 4 months ago.
Will keep this in mind when I'm down there over the next 2 weeks 
nthat.gif

Went to this club one time in downtown San Jo....was expecting a glutton of viet/asian girls but it was a bunch of ghetto *** dudes.....Needless to say I haz disappoint.

san jose pretty boring, but being in that area you'll have access to all of the south bay (cupertino, campbell, etc) 20 min from milpitas wheres theres great asian food, and 50 min from SF/oakland

There are honestly two parts to San Jose, so it depends on your location. The bars downtown San Jose are pretty sick on weekends, just make sure you know where to go. The rich part of San Jose is off the 73, kind of near Santa Cruz, so if you're looking for a good time, just roam around there.

If you have yellow fever, hit up Little Saigon on the weekends, and you'll have your fill there. If you're a high roller, spend your time on Santana Row. The Bay Area really is how you make it, and you just have to find a good time to have one.

Also, listen to the local radio stations (94.9 or 106.1) to hear about functions, warehouse parties, the whole shebang. Expect to rub elbows, and maybe a little more with the local ratchets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom