Scammer Alert Ebay Transaction Help Needed

Hows it going guys, was hoping I could get some help regarding a transaction on eBay.

I sold a pair of Adidas yeezy zebra v2 that I purchased from adidas.com to a buyer with a confirmed address, 200+ 100% positive feedback, he seemed legit.

First the buyer opened a case on July 7th stating nothing was delivered. Tracking showed that they were delivered and he signed for them on July 3rd. Red flag #1.

Fast forward to yesterday. He opens another case requesting a refund/return stating that "shoes appear to be fake". Red flag #2. I provided my receipt from adidas.com and obviously, they are 100% authentic. I asked him for tagged pictures with the date of the shoes I sent out to him just to see if he even still has them.

Best way to win this case?

Not much you can really do.

If he claims them to be fake, ebay/paypal will make you refund him. Receipt and stuff dosent matter.
You can only hope you will get back the shoes you sent out and that he dosent swap em out with fakes.

First message him only thru the PayPal site and tell him you want the tag pics before he ships them back or you will not accept the package and to only send it with signature confirmation. This protects you from him sending you a different pair of shoes or even an empty box. Once PayPal sees that the package is delivered they will expect a refund. When you do get the package after the pics have somebody record you opening the package.

Next leave your cell number thru the messager asking him to contact you. This shows EBay/PayPal that you are an honest seller and tried all means to resolve issue.

If buyer calls you, see what's up and if it's really a misunderstanding... if he seems like he is trying to scam let him know you got fam in his area subliminally so he would think twice about running the scam. Look up the nearest city and ask how far he is from it. Then be like "cool I got family out there"

The coward would probably just return your shoes or drop the case.

For some reason I cant contact him through Paypal. The messages have been going back and forth on ebay. His number is available, smart move to call him?

For some reason I cant contact him through Paypal. The messages have been going back and forth on ebay. His number is available, smart move to call him?
I would call just to see if this buyer is really clueless or is trying to scam. I would be friendly and just try to hear him out then explain your side then that you are being cautious to ensure your not getting scammed. This can save yourself from getting negative feedback if the buyer really feels he is getting ripped off

that's the reality of ebay these days. they'll side with the buyer even if you have all the documentation. had it happen to me, and the buyer was a new buyer while I have been on there with positive feedback for over 15 years. use another platform to sell sneakers that are high value.

can confirm. 99% of the time they side with the buyer. There was only ONE time where the seller was sided, but it wasn't an authenticity issue.

yes keep going through eBay. Mention was the other member said that you have relatives in a nearby city. choose one 15-20 min away and mention they can come pick them up or that if you're sent something else they'll stop by.

if that doesn't work just threaten him with a USPS mail fraud report

This is why I don't sell on eBay.

Next time use a service like GOAT or StockX. Sure they take a percentage, but at least you're somewhat protected from BS like this.

This is why I don't sell on eBay.

Next time use a service like GOAT or StockX. Sure they take a percentage, but at least you're somewhat protected from BS like this.

comes out to the same fees :lol:

Dont really care about the fees if it'll save me the headache. Been selling for over 10 years on ebay and first time this happened smh.

Dont really care about the fees if it'll save me the headache. Been selling for over 10 years on ebay and first time this happened smh.

theres always a first time for everything. one thing I would NOT sell on eBay is hyped kicks especially yeezys, high end electronics and or iPhones.

those are some of the most scammed items.

hopefully you don't get screwed but be persistent in pressuring him with all these options especially the mail fraud and say that the post master will come out to his house to interview him and that you'll also make a police report along with filing an IC3.gov with the mail fraud report via USPS

that should scare him, if not.. he's got balls but keep in mind you could actually do all those things and possibly some other things

Dont mind the scare tactics. Just tried calling and the number he provides is out of service smh.

Dont mind the scare tactics. Just tried calling and the number he provides is out of service smh.
Put that in the messenger that you tried contact by phone but number was out of service.... hopefully whoever is viewing the case can pick up on what is going on

Think it's against the rules to publicaly post or share anyone's address or information in general

Stick to your guns and PLEASE call eBay or wherever the dispute is. Never deal with the online forms and all that crap, always better to speak to a live person

Back
Top Bottom