School Me on Car Insurance

Waddup NT.

I have a 2012 Corolla and I need to make moves on getting car insurance. 

I've gotten a speeding ticket last year (I hate our driving law enforcement VA 
mean.gif
) but I have a decent driving record. Aside from checking with quotes from different places to get the best deal, is there any inside tips or hidden things I should be aware of? Insurance companies that are better than others, objectively speaking?

I have geico. But shop around and call different places to see who will give you the best price.

I don't think there is anything hidden, its more about understanding what you are actually buying when you purchase your policy. Generally policies consists of 

Bodily injury: Coverage if you are liable in an accident

Personal injury protection: coverage for medical expenses

Uninsured/under insured: coverage if the other vehicle is not insured or underinsured, other car flees, etc

Then you can add other options like comprehensive/collision, theft/fire etc.

Im not sure in VA how medical expenses are handled, it varies per state. In certain states, your own policy covers your medical expenses even if the other car is at fault. If this is the case in VA, just get a decent amount, at least $100K.  

For bodily injury, I would suggest you protect yourself your a decent amount, stay away from the minimum. Make sure you get that UM/UIM coverage, you can probably choose the same amount you choose for bodily injury. 

As far as companies, some decent ones I know of are:

Plymouth Rock Assurance

Liberty Mutual

Travelers

The Hartford

Amica

Again not sure if any or all write policy in VA. 

I'm 21 and the only person in my fam thats tryna get my license is there anyway for me to not pay 600 a month on insurance

If your young, get on your parents policy and pay your car's rate. Your ticket will hurt you regardless.

Getting on someones policy with multiple cars will help, if you have a friend or family with good credit. Also if that person has other products with said company.

Bundle with another policy and save big time.

Other than that, just do your research on who is cheapest and reliable and you'll be good.

I got State Farm. I get a slightly lower rate with the addition of my renters insurance.

Back
Top Bottom