SCHOOL ME ON CUSTOMS

Quote:
i got a question....anyone know anythang bout how to die straps? i tried to die straps off a pair of vandals but the coating they put on em dont let the die thru.
Just look at it as 30 more pounds of awesomeness

anybody know which paint i should use for vans slip ons. thanks
TeamEagles
I Poop in T.O.'s mouth​

M Tracy V McGrady P​

I have a pair of Black/Cement Jordan III's. Something that is common is the black paint on the midsole cracking, how should I go about fixing that to make it black again. Can I just repaint over it with some Angelus black paint? I read early on in the first few pages of this post that is a good & cheap $ paint to use for beginners. What should I do?

DO I USE ACETONE to dull my Angelus paint????

how much acetone do i use?
---
There's One Life, One Love, so there can only be One King

Started working on pure white dunks and a AJ3 Pures. Just wanted to know how alcohol based markers hold up on leather. I got some Kurecolor by ZIG. They are a professional brand for alcohol markers and they work great on wax gloss paper. I just need something that I can mix and match different hues and shades.

Anyone have experience with Alcohol based markers like Copic or Kurecolor? Would appreciate some insight.

Thanks in advance
-For every post I make, I have already read thousands...

i just want to paint a 3-4 inch diameter design on. could i just paint on the shoe directly or will i still need to prep the area?

are there good paint markers to use, not brushes? i dont think i can be too skilled in using brushes for doing any of my graf. designs

what's your shoe gonna look like once you finish using acetone? is all the white paint supposed to come off?

i have the same question about the acetone. I think the paint should stay on but it feels almost sticky, not slick like there is any protection.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Sleep doesn't exsist in my house

acetone is used to remove the waxy layer/waterproofing/whatever.....you use it to prep the shoe before painting to help the paint adhere to the actual leather.
I dont know about using it as a duller. I have heard it helps acrylic paint become more flexible, but dont quote me on that

you should use a varnish protectant after you paint the shoes
teamTOO '06
||206, 425, 253, 360||​
2~0~0~6

I was thinking about picking up an airbrush machine....What kind of paint would I use to do kicks? what would be the most flexible and hold up the best?
WANTED SUPREME HIGHS SIZE 13

saw a dude recently post up a custom hawaii dunk by taking a light brown hemp dunk and painting or coloring part of the upper w/ a light green color. i'm assuming he used a permanent marker versus a paint since it's not leather.any information would be greatly appreciated! i'd like to do the same with the hemp dunk i have.

this is a great thread. i've learned alot and i just might buy a all white dunk at my local JOURNEYS to customize! thanks all!

a cuple of questions what is a good tape to use on some plain leather af1s. is regular blue painters tape okay or masking tape? also anyone have any links or feel like explaining to a beginner on how to make custom straps on the top of the to.ngue (like wear the nike logo would be
916​
Sacramento, CA​

^^^

another Sac head. I'll help you out.

Yes use blue painters tape. Works fine

Customs straps on the tongue? Care to explain a lil more?

Any ways depending on what kind of material you want to make the straps out of you will need a sewing machine or stich by hand witch may become difficult. If you want to do leather and its a thick leather then you are going to have to dish out some cash for a machine. Cause them regular sewing machines at wal-mart or sears aint going to cut it. You will just keep braking needles

Niiice Thread :smokin
smokin.gif

WASHINGTON ********
Super Bowl Champions: XVII:XXII:XXVI​

So I'm new to restoring and I don't know how to go about what brushes to get and where to get the brushes and which brushes are for what. Anyone care to enlighten me? Thank you!
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Let's hope we make the most of this Warrior's offseason!​

How do people get Pictures put onto theere shoes? can someone explain the process.

And how do i got about laying fabric over my shoes? fabric glue? do i just glue it on or is there some kind of Prep for it
---
There's One Life, One Love, so there can only be One King

Back
Top Bottom