Sea lion steals man's bait. Man retailiates and stabs sea lion.

[h1]Calif. Man Admits Stabbing Sea Lion[/h1][h5]Associated Press[/h5]
Advertisement

A fisherman pleaded guilty on Wednesday to stabbing a sea lion that apparently stole his bait.

Hai Nguyen, 24, pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of illegally taking and attempting to kill a marine mammal, admitting that he violated the federalMarine Mammal Protection Act.

Nguyen faces up to a year in prison and a fine of $20,000 at his March sentencing, prosecutors said.

Nguyen was arrested in July in Newport Beach. Police said he was fishing off a pier when the sea lion apparently took the bait from his fishing line.

Authorities said Nguyen then stabbed the sea lion with a steak knife. The animal was taken to the Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach, where stafffound the knife had pierced the sea lion's heart.

It was later euthanized.

Nguyen told U.S. Magistrate Judge Carla Woehrle that he never intended to kill the animal.

"I was fishing, and I tried to scare it away," he said.

smh.gif
sea lions stay doing people dirty.

wow...

what makes a fish life more valuable than sea lion? Hopefully he just gets fined.

(please no "what makes a man's life more valuable than a animal, because human life is more important.)

It's like the time I went fishing and hooked a pelican. I was trying to free him but homeboy just kept pecking me. Had to give him the biz...

i've definitely tried o gaf a sea lion before, also shot them with pellet guns.

A sea lion stole a 40 lb chinook off my line right as i was tryin to net the fish, i missed with the gaff unfortunately.

for bait, sea gulls are much worse. aka why i brin a pellet gun on the boat with me.

i feel bad for this guy, sea lions kill each other all the time anyways who cares.

Guess it was payback for the stolen bucket.

"noooozeeee, they's stealing muh bucketz!!!!1111!!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

shoot i wonder how many sea gulls he stabbed...them birds just dont stop with the bait snatching

Back
Top Bottom