**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 31-27 | vs Angels & @ A's |

Can't wait for the derby!

Anyone going to Play Ball Park (essentially fan fest at lumen events center)? Have some family in town then and gonna check it out one of the days.

It's too bad Flexen didn't workout this year but Gott!?! Hope he's able to provide some decent relief.

Looking ahead to the ASG will Castillo be the lone representative? Or does JRod sneak in? I'm guessing either Julio or even Ty France get in as reserves being the game is in Seattle.

Julio is the M's most valuable player per fWAR, he's a top 30 position player in MLB and top 15 in AL. Including Julio wouldn't just be a shoe-in, he deserves to be there along with Castillo, Kirby, and maybe Kelenic (who would be a no-doubter without his recent slump). One can argue J.P. may belong in there as well, but it should at least be Julio and one other.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

And this isn't on Logan... his pitches have been hitting the edges... Nats just making good contact.

But you can't keep having a guy on 3rd with less than 2 outs... and not scoring.

I havent tuned into a game in a week or two, it has been tough to watch

Got home last night and tuned in in the 2nd. We go up 4-0, im hype

They get two runs, its 4-2. I fall asleep. Wake up to a 4-15 scoreline.

Wtf is going on

Stanton and the current ownership group suck, and they’re comprised of pretty much the same folks from the previous group. Only difference is that big Nintendo money isn’t in it anymore, despite Nintendo of America still owning 10%.

Jerry Dipoto is solid, but when you’re given limited resources and have to rely on developing and acquiring lottery tickets then this is the result. Talent there for sure, but you leave a lot of results to chance. They have great arms, but there’s no legit bats coming from the farm until 2025 and after when the next wave in Clase, Ford, and Young maybe arrive.

The core seems like it’s Julio, Ty, J.P. , Cal, JK and the young arms. However, everyone except Julio and Kirby should realistically be available.

Welp Castillo is the lone M's AS representative. Was hoping JRod would sneak in there with the game being in Seattle. You'd have to think Kirby should be near the top to replace any pitcher with an injury.

Guess we'll have to settle for JRod in the derby, speaking of there is only 5 participants confirmed as of today so wonder if they're able to snag 3 more as they've been doing 8 under the current format.

Also, at 2 games under .500 just over the halfway mark I'm not ready to call this season a wash yet and do believe they have the potential to turn it around and contend for a WC spot in the 2nd half. This season has been frustrating though I'll give you that. IMO they are a few pieces off but seems hard to fathom them making any major moves before the deadline.

Last edited:
I feel for Kirby more than JRod. Apples and oranges, I know, but I think he's had a better season so far and def deserves a spot. Look at those quality starts! 😕

Kirby and J-Rod deserve to be in as injury replacements. Ownership should be embarrassed, can see this lighting a fire in the team though.

Is Ford the real DH we've been looking for?

In my group chat with friends:

Screenshot_20230704_150139.jpg

Back
Top Bottom