**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 25-22 | @ Yanks & Nats ||

People gotta stop going, watching and supporting this franchise. Having the longest playoff drought in professional sports is an absolute embarrassment. Not going to the game or buying the new gear does not make you any less of a fan regardless of what anyone says. As I get older and start noticing how people follow franchises blindly, it made me rethink how and where I invest my money and more importantly my time as a fan. I have wasted way to many summer nights sitting inside watching M's lose just to go to sleep disappointed and wake up angry.

Would you continuing eating at your favorite restaurant if the food was terrible time after time?

People gotta stop going, watching and supporting this franchise. Having the longest playoff drought in professional sports is an absolute embarrassment. Not going to the game or buying the new gear does not make you any less of a fan regardless of what anyone says. As I get older and start noticing how people follow franchises blindly, it made me rethink how and where I invest my money and more importantly my time as a fan. I have wasted way to many summer nights sitting inside watching M's lose just to go to sleep disappointed and wake up angry.

Would you continuing eating at your favorite restaurant if the food was terrible time after time?

At this point id like to see a purge of anybody 30+ they can get rid of. Even if they take back salary to get something...

Would be nice to have some exciting young guys to watch. Team has been stagnant for too long.

Welp rebuilding once again?!?!? I'm aware the current situation isn't great but not a fan of moving Paxton for what they received in return.

Moving back to Seattle, I’m actually excited for you M’s fans and I’ll be following these young guys. From the outside looking in, I respect Dipoto coming out and saying they’re not going for it for a couple of years instead of fronting and being middle of the pack.

Also from everything I’ve read, it appeared your guys’ farm system was barren but should be top 5ish now?

No idea about top 5ish, but the cupboards were definitely empty.

I hope they continue to clean house until this team is completely unrecognizable. I don't follow baseball prospects and really have no idea about a lot of these guys they're getting outside of what is available to read. Outside of initially reading who is included in each deal, I won't put much time into it either. It'll be nice to watch a brand new team and find out for ourselves who we like and who to get excited about. I will take that over another 75-85 win season with the same names that go nowhere.

I really like the Cano and Colome deals.

Feel like we got beat in the Segura and Paxton deals.

But still some moveable pieces. These dudes like Bruce and Santana can still produce and be traded possibly

Santana is a switch-hitter coming of a 24 HR season. I'm guessing/hoping he's moved to a contender wanting a veteran bat.

Back
Top Bottom