**Seattle Mariners 2024 Season Thread ** | 6-8 | v. Cubs & Reds |

Haven't really followed ST this year but time for me to get reacquainted with the team I hate to love

LFG! Lineup looks decent and am hoping France and Haniger can be solid contributors this season. Question marks would be roles of Canzone and Raley (who didn't get the start possibly due to finishing the spring cold).

Nelly choosing to retire as a Mariner is amazing.
1711724168778.png

1711724149851.png

Last edited:
Right?! Everyone thought he was gonna choose the Rangers. But I read that they (org or fans?) treated him poorly?
And, if anything, Cano comes to mind before Cruz when I think about those years. 😅
Either way, it was a very pleasant surprise and, I guess, it just shows how much he enjoyed his time there.

Cruz had a great 4 year stretch with the M's but I was still surprised he choose them over the Rangers. Looking back I was surprised he was only in Seattle 4 seasons.

Right?! Everyone thought he was gonna choose the Rangers. But I read that they (org or fans?) treated him poorly?
And, if anything, Cano comes to mind before Cruz when I think about those years. 😅
Either way, it was a very pleasant surprise and, I guess, it just shows how much he enjoyed his time there.

From watching him in Seattle then seeing him in Minnesota, I think he really just gravitated towards the mentor role. In Texas, he was a forgotten prospect that happened to finally pop, but he was behind a litany of other established players - plus the spotlight on Hamilton at the time (not saying he wanted that, rather, preferred an organic core...less enigmatic club)...he wanted to carve out his own path that recognized his pull as a leader...and Seattle gave that to him.

Back
Top Bottom