Semi-Pro (Trailers Inside)... Feb. 29th TOMORROW (No Spoilers)

bkmac

Banned
Over a month away for the movie, but I just got finished watching one of the trailers and I couldn't stop
roll.gif
, so I decided to get this thread going for the movie.

Jackie Moon, the owner-coach-player of the American Basketball Association's Flint Michigan Tropics, rallies histeammates to make their NBA dreams come true

- http://imdb.com/title/tt0839980/

Trailer 1

Trailer 2 (Warning: Curses) (If I have toremove this, let me know, if not, a mod, please do so).

The second trailer I just saw today, it was
roll.gif

I can't wait for this movie. Will Ferell is
roll.gif

*No spoilers of jokes, please.*

just saw commercial for this and used the search function to see if there was thread on this lol

will ferell has covered every sport there is now. 3000 and woody in this also might be good.

Saw a sneak preview of the movie last night, and it was definitely funnier than Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory. Don't want to give away too much butWill Ferell's character was hilarious, Andre Benjamin did his thing as Coffee Brown
pimp.gif
. and even a cameo by Patti "alley-oop" LaBelle

I cannot wait to see this movie. I've been waiting for months, and it's finally out tomorrow. I won't be able to see it until Saturday though.

Anyone else find Will Ferell's Old Spice commercials to be absolutely hilarious?
roll.gif

Edit: It's early in the day, but as anyone seen the movie yet?

I saw it last night.

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY.

It was pretty funny, not a classic..but it was still pretty damn funny.

Thought it was great...that damn 'Love Me Sexy' song won't get outta my head...
laugh.gif

While a ton of things didn't make sense...like Tim Meadows getting shot and never re-appearing or other inconsistencies...for what it was I wasentertained.

Also -- anyone catch 3000 wearing PUMA's....then mid-game he crosses someone and they aim down to his feet and he has on Adi...and then later when JackieMoon is shooting FT's he has on PUMA again...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Whoops....

Good movie...definitely worth seeing.

Joint is too funny...not a classic

When dude was like "you call me a jive turkey" Jakie Moon was like nah iam pretty sure he called you a co cksucker
laugh.gif

Or when Jakie got called for traveling and he snapped and got T'd up. That *%#% was so funny too

Joint was wack...I was falling asleep in the theatre...Anybody who says that this movie is good is just being biased cause they like WillFerrell that much....3/10
eyes.gif

I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, it was funny, but definitely didn't need to see it in the theater.

IF YOU'RE A WILL FERREL FAN, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

This joint was funny as hell. I'm a huge Will Ferrel fan but even I can't even defend him on Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory. This is much betterIMO and its basketball so whats not to love.

Worth my six dollars IMO..

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

This joint was funny as hell. I'm a huge Will Ferrel fan but even I can't even defend him on Talladega Nights and Blades of Glory. This is much better IMO

Talladega Nights was hysterical. I haven't seen Blades of Glory yet, I have to get around to doings so.
I really want to see Semi Pro. I don'teven know if I can tonight, I may have to wait until next week.
tired.gif

I thought the film kinda sucked.

IMO....wait for it to be on DVD. No real need to go see it in the theaters. I am getting sick of Wil Ferrell is mock sports movies. Race Car driver, IceSkater, now basketball....is his next movie a baseball or hockey movie?

I admit I laughed at a few spot..of course..but I am glad I saw this at a screening and did not have to pay for it. I was a tad disappointed for sure.

I don't know, I just didn't really like it. I can't help but compare every Ferrell movie to Anchorman, and this one paled in comparison. I am alsokind of getting tired of Ferrell, it just seems as if I can see everything coming. Also, almost all the jokes were in the short trailer I saw. I even tried toavoid seeing any of the content so I wouldn't ruin it for myself. Oh well. I just stopped watching that Step Brothers trailer so I would have no priorknowledge. Hopefully it wont be advertised so extensively that I become saturated before I even see it.

It was cute. If you see it with a group of friends and don't have high hopes you should enjoy it. There's some recycled Anchorman jokes but all in alla decent movie if that's your thing.

Back
Top Bottom