Serious question: Do Caucasians really not use washcloths? vol. Dave Chappelle "Trading Spouses"

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by drekin06

Serious question to the people that dont use a washcloth..... How do you guys clean your buttcrack?
sick.gif

serious question. how do you reuse that same washcloth over your body the next day after you've just stuck it in your buttcrack?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Serious question to the people that dont use a washcloth..... How do you guys clean your buttcrack?
sick.gif

serious question. how do you reuse that same washcloth over your body the next day after you've just stuck it in your buttcrack?

you don't. you use a new one. we been saying that.

sick.gif

Answer that!

I'm guessing you don't use one....hence the name?
I use a puff...but now always.
really... you don't need to be scrubbing your body with a washcloth every day.

I find that hard to believe...but if you say so.

sick.gif

laugh.gif
at this thread... you don't you get a new one... I don't see how that's so hard to believe... I honestly thought most people usedwashcloths

you don't believe people use a different wash cloth every shower? You can get a 20 pack for like 5 bucks. You're acting like they're rare orexpensive or something

im more shocked at the use of bar soap than the wash cloth debate.

you guys seriously use bar soap?

and you use it one your face too? not good, use a face cleanser of some sort, soap is too harsh.

Why most families have like a million in their closet? I don't get whats so hard to believe? That people have a bunch of cheap pieces of cloth to cleantheir bodies with? Sounds normal to me.

sick.gif

You use another washcloth. I dont understand how that is hard to believe.

sick.gif

i use 2 different washcloths a face and a below one. I use a loofah for the rest of my body. I change my face and below washcloths after everyshower it goes in the hamper with my clothes.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Why most families have like a million in their closet? I don't get whats so hard to believe? That people have a bunch of cheap pieces of cloth to clean their bodies with? Sounds normal to me.

Yeah we have like 40 in the closet. After you use one, you put it in the hamper. After that you just grab another from the closet, wash the dirtyones, then repeat the process.

Im black and really dont use washcloths in the shower....wait not true, I use them about 3 times a week
I dont put the BAR of soap directly on my body. I lather my hands up and get busy.
I use facial cleaner for my face......in the shower, I just rinse and scrub with my hands...out of the shower I DO use a washcloth

moms pushed that washcloth agenda in my youth, but as an adult, I wasnt with it like that. However, when I was livin with the fam, I made sure I kept my ownsoap....took it to and from the shower daily.

i'll guess i'll be the 2nd asian to chime in this debate (which i find hilarious btw). my fam uses a loofah sheet. it's like a towel made out ofthat loofah material and it feels like sandpaper lol. it's great for scrubbing your back tho because it's like having a back scratcher, but everywhereelse you can see the skin getting murdered. the kind we use won some award in japan bc germs can't survive on it, kinda like your toothbrush bristle.

no offense but a washcloth seems nasty to me. i see them at hotels and i never use em because someone washed their arsecrack with it.

Im filipino/white. I use a loofa. But it all depends on how tired i am. If im lazy an its just a quick shower ill do straight soap to body but if i tryinna getclean i bust out the loofa an scrub away.

I'm white and don't use a washcloth

Myth = Confirmed.

It's really not that serious though. Personal preference more than anything, all you have to do is wash the bar of soap under the water and get the layerof grime (assuming soap can get dirty) off and bam, its like a fresh bar of soap again! Besides, when it's just me and my girlfriend living here, neitherone of us could care less where the bar of soap has been the cooties game is over.

I'm bout to do some online research for this one.....hears one blog I found....it's a funny white dude

It's been said that white folk don't use washcloths. In fact, a member of Ars OpenForum was brave enough to conduct a good-natured poll on the matter. While the poll ain't incredibly scientific, and the sample sizes are small - particularly for nonwhites - the results still suggest rough coincidence with the stereotype.

As a bona fide cracker myself, I do remember using a washcloth as a kid, but haven't used one since I was probably six years old. I can't explain why I stopped, I just did. Maybe the washing machine was on the blink?

Regardless, something interesting is happening: Brands like Old Spice, Gillette and others are offering body washes - not traditional bar soaps - as part of their grooming lines. But how to use these body washes? You can use your bare hands, but if you've ever tried that, you know it doesn't work that well. And since these brands are clearly aimed at men, I'd wager some users would rather be caught dead than using a pouf. That leaves the humble washcloth: more effective than using your hands, yet just manly enough to make the fact that you're using a body wash mildly acceptable.

Frankly, I'm glad for this. I recently picked up a bottle of body wash and as such have been reintroduced to using a washcloth. It's glorious. While a bar of soap in hand might be a quicker way to clean, I've really been enjoying a cloth full of great-smelling lather doing its work. It really does make showering more of an experience, and I have to imagine that I'm cleaning my body more effectively. After all, you wouldn't wash your countertops or your car with your bare hands, would you?

So a tip of the hat to the new-school men's body washes - you've encouraged this white boy to rediscover the joys of using a washcloth, and I'd wager to say you've done the same for countless other folks of all stripes.

-Brent

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Shower

heres the steps

1. Remove your clothes. Place your clothes in an area where they will not get wet. (The toilet is not the best place, as it can harbor germs.)
  2. Turn on the water to your preferred temperature. Check the position of the shower head, to be sure that water is spraying downward rather than out of the enclosure.
  3. Check the temperature frequently, and as soon as the temperature is correct, carefully step into the shower.
  4. Wet your entire body. Make sure your whole head is wet.
  5. Massage a small amount of shampoo into your scalp. You need to gently rub each part of your scalp, making sure all the strands are sudsy. Shampooing your hair is more to clean the scalp, than to clean the hair. Do not let it sit too long unless it is instructed by your specific shampoo. If you don't know check the back for instructions.
  6. Thoroughly rinse all of the shampoo out of your hair.
  7. Next, apply conditioner to the ends of hair and work your way up, and let it sit for two to three minutes. P.S: do not use conditioners often, (once a week is enough), they will weaken your hair.
  8. For men with full beard use a soft shampoo on your facial hair, one that doesn't have a strong scent. Wash twice.
  9. Wet your washcloth well. Put a small amount of facial soap onto the washcloth and gently clean your face. Rinse all soap off thoroughly.
  10. Pour your bath soap onto your washcloth or pouf and scrub yourself all over. It is best at the hands and feet. Remember to wash behind the ears, back of the neck, and in between each toe. Make sure you are cleaning under each arm pit, and your private areas. This may embarrass you, but remember: No one can see you clean yourself in the shower. These are important areas that can make you smell bad if you do not clean daily.
  11. Rinse off the conditioner and soap, you may need to run your hands through your hair and make sure all the conditioner is rinsed out. If you do not wash out all the conditioner, this will make your hair greasy.
  12. Give yourself a final rinse.
  13. Rinse the tub or shower stall so that there is no sign of your visit other than drops of water. Be sure all hairs, soap, and shower debris is washed down the drain.
  14. Turn off the water, make sure it is turned off tightly.
  15. Exit the shower. Standing on the rug or mat, gently dry your pelvic region, legs, and feet. If you have done this carefully, the only water should be on the shower mat or rug, not on the rest of the floor.
  16. Put your clean clothes on, starting with clean underwear, followed by clean clothes and socks or a bathrobe.
  17. This is a good time to clean your ears with a cotton swab, as the waxy substance in your ears is softer from the heat and water and is more easily removed. This also helps to remove excess water from the ears. Take care to avoid inserting the swab too deeply, as this can cause damage.
I don't know guys...

Originally Posted by ScottyHoward42

I'm white and don't use a washcloth

Myth = Confirmed.

It's really not that serious though. Personal preference more than anything, all you have to do is wash the bar of soap under the water and get the layer of grime (assuming soap can get dirty) off and bam, its like a fresh bar of soap again! Besides, when it's just me and my girlfriend living here, neither one of us could care less where the bar of soap has been the cooties game is over.

- i didnt want to take the time out to quote everyone that dont use washcloths, but it is that serious.

....think about it. everything in life every now and then needs a scrub down. from your car, your house, dishes, etc. why would our bodies be any different? ifyou dont use washcloths everyday you should at least use one once a week. do yall not understand how much dead skin, caked up dirtand soap is left on our bodies even with a washcloth, so imagine how much if you dont use one.

- i tell you what. to the ones that dont use one and think its no big deal next time you get out the shower.....while drying off scratchyour forarm near your elbow, scratch your shin close to your ankle, scratch the back of your neck. now come back and tell us how much caked up dirt and deadskin is between your nails..........im serious.

What's wrong with using the SOAP bar directly in your crack? It's soap, therefore, it's always clean after a good rinse. I don't see theproblem.

Originally Posted by datdude87

What's wrong with using the SOAP bar directly in your crack? It's soap, therefore, it's always clean after a good rinse. I don't see the problem.
so you saying you would put that bar on your face?

Back
Top Bottom