Serious question: Do Caucasians really not use washcloths? vol. Dave Chappelle "Trading Spouses"

we need to write to myth busters and settle this once and for all.
i use soap and my hands. dudes talkin bout you need to scrub...what have you been doin all day? rolling around in mud? its soap...its cleans.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

we need to write to myth busters and settle this once and for all.
i use soap and my hands. dudes talkin bout you need to scrub...what have you been doin all day? rolling around in mud? its soap...its cleans.
But they're your hands. How can you say you get them lathery then rub them on the rest of your body. As soon as they get wet, the lather andsoap is gone (washes off). Granted your hands themselves are now clean, rubbing them on the rest of your body isn't going to do any good.

Originally Posted by donpoppa

Originally Posted by datdude87

What's wrong with using the SOAP bar directly in your crack? It's soap, therefore, it's always clean after a good rinse. I don't see the problem.
so you saying you would put that bar on your face?
wash your face first. when you're done, run the bar of soap under the water for a while to clean off the dirty layer. before you take a latheryourself next time you're taking a shower, run the bar of soap under the water again for good measure.

i typically use a bar of soap and THEN washcloth/liquid gel (i know, strong OCD about personal cleanliness.. bar of soap is for the preliminary cleaning, soi'm not scrubbing my body with a washcloth caked with dirt), but for a while i used just a bar of soap. its not that hard to figure out how people can getclean with just a bar of soap.

soap is a chemical that naturally bonds to dirt molecules it comes in contact with. then water washes the bonded soap/dirt particles from your body. so unlessyou've been at football practice 2-a-days, if you get a good lather going and rub soap all over your body you should be pretty clean.

you can't get the dead skin off with just a bar of soap, though (hence why i uses the washcloth after the bar of soap). some of you guys need to rub yourarms/chest after a shower and you'll see how much dead skin rolls up.

Old Spice body wash+a real sponge(Tarpon sponge docks)=
pimp.gif

I use my own bar soap, no one uses it just me

and sometimes body wash after with the Axe Detailer

but no wash cloth

It's been said that white folk don't use washcloths. In fact, a member of Ars OpenForum was brave enough to conduct a good-natured poll on the matter. While the poll ain't incredibly scientific, and the sample sizes are small - particularly for nonwhites - the results still suggest rough coincidence with the stereotype.

As a bona fide cracker myself, I do remember using a washcloth as a kid, but haven't used one since I was probably six years old. I can't explain why I stopped, I just did. Maybe the washing machine was on the blink?

Regardless, something interesting is happening: Brands like Old Spice, Gillette and others are offering body washes - not traditional bar soaps - as part of their grooming lines. But how to use these body washes? You can use your bare hands, but if you've ever tried that, you know it doesn't work that well. And since these brands are clearly aimed at men, I'd wager some users would rather be caught dead than using a pouf. That leaves the humble washcloth: more effective than using your hands, yet just manly enough to make the fact that you're using a body wash mildly acceptable.

Frankly, I'm glad for this. I recently picked up a bottle of body wash and as such have been reintroduced to using a washcloth. It's glorious. While a bar of soap in hand might be a quicker way to clean, I've really been enjoying a cloth full of great-smelling lather doing its work. It really does make showering more of an experience, and I have to imagine that I'm cleaning my body more effectively. After all, you wouldn't wash your countertops or your car with your bare hands, would you?

So a tip of the hat to the new-school men's body washes - you've encouraged this white boy to rediscover the joys of using a washcloth, and I'd wager to say you've done the same for countless other folks of all stripes.

-Brent

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The way I do it is I have two different ones. One for the face/body and one for the lower region. I dont know how ya'll use loofahs though they feel toosoft to me to do any real scrubbing.

Man I tried to take a shower the Caucasian way without a washcloth the other day just to see what it's like... Soap is hella hard to hold on to.
smh.gif

coming up used a washcloth, always and always had ones for visitors, and also if i went to any family members house where i regularly slept, i had my ownthere. but now that i have my own shower, i use shower gel with that axe detailer.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

i don't use one i just pour bodywash on and let it slide down with water washing it off

Seriously? you might be the dirtiest cat on here then.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

It's been said that white folk don't use washcloths. In fact, a member of Ars OpenForum was brave enough to conduct a good-natured poll on the matter. While the poll ain't incredibly scientific, and the sample sizes are small - particularly for nonwhites - the results still suggest rough coincidence with the stereotype.

As a bona fide cracker myself, I do remember using a washcloth as a kid, but haven't used one since I was probably six years old. I can't explain why I stopped, I just did. Maybe the washing machine was on the blink?

Regardless, something interesting is happening: Brands like Old Spice, Gillette and others are offering body washes - not traditional bar soaps - as part of their grooming lines. But how to use these body washes? You can use your bare hands, but if you've ever tried that, you know it doesn't work that well. And since these brands are clearly aimed at men, I'd wager some users would rather be caught dead than using a pouf. That leaves the humble washcloth: more effective than using your hands, yet just manly enough to make the fact that you're using a body wash mildly acceptable.

Frankly, I'm glad for this. I recently picked up a bottle of body wash and as such have been reintroduced to using a washcloth. It's glorious. While a bar of soap in hand might be a quicker way to clean, I've really been enjoying a cloth full of great-smelling lather doing its work. It really does make showering more of an experience, and I have to imagine that I'm cleaning my body more effectively. After all, you wouldn't wash your countertops or your car with your bare hands, would you?

So a tip of the hat to the new-school men's body washes - you've encouraged this white boy to rediscover the joys of using a washcloth, and I'd wager to say you've done the same for countless other folks of all stripes.

-Brent

- ex-act-ly......

- plus, i see no one took me up on what i said
nerd.gif
:

*clears throat*

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- i tell you what. to the ones that dont use one and think its no big deal next time you get out the shower.....while drying off scratch your forarm near your elbow, scratch your shin close to your ankle, scratch the back of your neck. now come back and tell us how much caked up dirt and dead skin is between your nails..........im serious.

-
grin.gif
, i mean all that soap scum that builds up on your showerwall/curtain, do you really think it doesnt build up on your skin as well over time?? i guess it all just washes off after every shower eh?
roll.gif

If you can rub your skin with your DRYING towel after hopping out of the shower and see dead skin and dirt coming off... then you need to invest in a 50 packof wash cloths from costco.

The grooves in your palms aint that deep.. aint cleanin %%$% with those bad boys

Back
Top Bottom