Serious question, why do people feel the need for 'religion' or why does it even exists?

I just want to be clear on this thread...is it against organized religion or against the concept of a higher force?

I just want to be clear on this thread...is it against organized religion or against the concept of a higher force?

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by Boi

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

indoctrination/brainwashing from childhood
1 reason why.. people's mom and pops were probably  very religious and obviously they're gonna take their children under their wing.

Also because people who are living a horrible have nothing else to turn to.. except a god.
Another concept I can't grasp.

If there was a God who created us.  Why didn't he create a world with out hate, poverty, hunger and evil. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm feel very fortunate and thankful (to my parents) - that I lived a good life as a kid and I was given enough to continue living a decent life after I moved out.   Look around you, there are third world countries, where its people can barely afford (find) water, food, shelter, so what made us better and to not suffer like that? 

God did create a world without hate, poverty and hunger. But the devil tricked Eve and she ate the fruit, gave it to Adam and at that moment God allowed everything to go downhill because they disobeyed God.

Originally Posted by Boi

1 reason why.. people's mom and pops were probably  very religious and obviously they're gonna take their children under their wing.

Also because people who are living a horrible have nothing else to turn to.. except a god.

If there was a God who created us.  Why didn't he create a world with out hate, poverty, hunger and evil. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm feel very fortunate and thankful (to my parents) - that I lived a good life as a kid and I was given enough to continue living a decent life after I moved out.   Look around you, there are third world countries, where its people can barely afford (find) water, food, shelter, so what made us better and to not suffer like that? 

God did create a world without hate, poverty and hunger. But the devil tricked Eve and she ate the fruit, gave it to Adam and at that moment God allowed everything to go downhill because they disobeyed God.

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Originally Posted by Boi

He essentially created a world full of hate, poverty, and hunger by creating two people that he knew would disobey him. He is the creator. He is responsible for his creation.

Originally Posted by GP9Rm4108

Originally Posted by Boi

He essentially created a world full of hate, poverty, and hunger by creating two people that he knew would disobey him. He is the creator. He is responsible for his creation.

Yes, but without us being given free will there would essentially be no point to such creation.

Yes, but without us being given free will there would essentially be no point to such creation.

Originally Posted by LTDtruth

Religion exists for the purpose of uniting societies.  Religion exists because of the people in society that allow it to exist by having a collective consciousness.  It has to do with the difference between sacred and profane, for example, something cannot be considered sacred unless it has a collective following that believes its sacred.  Take holy water used in baptism for example, I am pretty sure it is just water that I could get out of my faucet, but because a large group of people believe it to be holy, it becomes sacred, and is more than just water. 
As for why people feel the need for 'religion' I could not tell you.

FALSE.  Religion is the mother of all hate and probably the no.1 reason people go to war.   And no, I'm not bringing this up and using religion as an escape goat for everything bad that happens, but most wars are caused by (based on) religion but on a perversion (or a weird delusion) of religion to the desires of men.  Mainly one believes their religion is superior or the right one and all others are wrong. 

Take the Mayans for an example.  Didn't the Spanish Conquistadors and priests destroyed the Mayan books (religion) and killed off anyone who tried to practice it.  I might be wrong though.  Is that considered 'uniting societies'?
I dont' do religion threads anymore...but how can opinion be FALSE?

Originally Posted by LTDtruth

Religion exists for the purpose of uniting societies.  Religion exists because of the people in society that allow it to exist by having a collective consciousness.  It has to do with the difference between sacred and profane, for example, something cannot be considered sacred unless it has a collective following that believes its sacred.  Take holy water used in baptism for example, I am pretty sure it is just water that I could get out of my faucet, but because a large group of people believe it to be holy, it becomes sacred, and is more than just water. 
As for why people feel the need for 'religion' I could not tell you.

FALSE.  Religion is the mother of all hate and probably the no.1 reason people go to war.   And no, I'm not bringing this up and using religion as an escape goat for everything bad that happens, but most wars are caused by (based on) religion but on a perversion (or a weird delusion) of religion to the desires of men.  Mainly one believes their religion is superior or the right one and all others are wrong. 

Take the Mayans for an example.  Didn't the Spanish Conquistadors and priests destroyed the Mayan books (religion) and killed off anyone who tried to practice it.  I might be wrong though.  Is that considered 'uniting societies'?
I dont' do religion threads anymore...but how can opinion be FALSE?

Why do people feel the need to question why other people feel the need for religion? Once u answer that question, u'll answer ur own.

Why do people feel the need to question why other people feel the need for religion? Once u answer that question, u'll answer ur own.

play the Ouiji board. then come back here and then say if we live ina spiritual world or not. simple as that bro. dont believe jesus? believe in the devil then lol

play the Ouiji board. then come back here and then say if we live ina spiritual world or not. simple as that bro. dont believe jesus? believe in the devil then lol

Back
Top Bottom