Sesame Street spoiler - Bert and Ernie

latest
Whatchu know about that site my g...:smokin

Why is it that when people bring up gay representation on TV they immediately think about sex? Just because the characters are gay doesn’t mean sex is being pushed on kids. It’s not like they have the two giving each other blowskis in front of Oscar’s trash can. Kermit and Miss Piggy are more sexualized than Bert and Ernie.

You’re really splitting hairs here. I said sexual orientation initially.

Why is it that when people bring up gay representation on TV they immediately think about sex? Just because the characters are gay doesn’t mean sex is being pushed on kids. It’s not like they have the two giving each other blowskis in front of Oscar’s trash can. Kermit and Miss Piggy are more sexualized than Bert and Ernie.
1. I am sure you understand why people think of SEX when someone's SEXual orientation is actually brought up. Why are we attempting to pretend that association doesn't exist?

2. During the 90s, there WAS backlash from parents about the sexual tension between Piggy and Kermit.

You’re really splitting hairs here. I said sexual orientation initially.

Their sexual orientation isn’t discussed in the show. Kids aren’t reading this article, idk I just don’t see the problem here. If they had a relationship like Piggy and Kermit I could understand.

Their sexual orientation isn’t discussed in the show. Kids aren’t reading this article, idk I just don’t see the problem here. If they had a relationship like Piggy and Kermit I could understand.

I get what you're saying. The point I am trying to stress is that wether they are or not why does it have to be known? They are fictional characters that were created off the premise of educating children. Sexual orientation didn't even need to be discussed.

Back
Top Bottom