Shaun Livingston update....not looking too good =(

[h3]Guarded interest[/h3]It's not always best to take need over talent in the NBA draft, but with long-term concerns over injured guard Shaun Livingston, it would be a shock if the Clippers didn't take a guard with the seventh pick. Livingston destroyed his left knee after landing awkwardly following a missed layup against Charlotte in February 2007, tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the lateral meniscus. The fourth overall pick in 2004 missed last season and it's uncertain when he will play again. An NBA source said the Clippers aren't expected to make Livingston a qualifying offer (the lowest starts at $5.8 million), making him an unrestricted free agent July 1. But with major knee concerns, it's uncertain the Clippers, or any team, will be rushing to sign him. According to the source, Livingston can't work out back-to-back days and needs about 90 minutes of therapy before doing noncontact basketball drills. There is speculation he might not be able to play at the NBA level again. What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches. But if he returns without his spectacular quickness, he could move to the small forward position.
I hate to hear that the kid is struggling to return to the NBA....really wanted him to see him do well in his career.
Saw a feature on him once and he really seemed like a good kid with a very bright future.
ohwell.gif

That's so sad man.
Never play basketball again?
smh.gif

What's going to happen when he becomes a free agent this summer?
I hope he saved up his money because his basketball career is over.

So freakin sad.

Also, kind of unrelated, but this is why people(Paul Pierce) freak with they think something is wrong with their knee.
Get off his back

damn i feel bad for the kid...i just hope he makes a full recovery, so he can live a normal life...

That's really messed up. Livingston was one of my favorite players to watch when he was healthy. I can't say I'm surprised though. His injurytruly was on another level.

this counters the good news at the start of the year - that he was going to make a full recovery and be ready by the end of the season. since he never made itback, this news confirms how bad it is now.

tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the lateral meniscus.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Willis McGahee blew out EVERY ligament in his knee and was doing agility drills before the draft and he isplaying in the most strenuous sport and Livingston is still in therapy stages and non contact drills?

ACL, PCL and meniscus is a 8-12 month rehab at most, especially with him being so young and athletic, something went wrong.

the difference between Livingston and Mcgahee is the dislocated his knee cap... HUGE DIFFERENCE.

plus, having strong muscles surrounding tendons and ligaments aid in recovery, if u cant tell, there's a huge muscular difference in Livingston &Willis
laugh.gif

I had the exact same injury as Livingston in college, and the night he did it, I remember saying he's as good as done.

!*@# brought back so many painful memories seeing his knee cap pushed over
sick.gif
wow my knee's throbbing just thinking about it again

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Too frail ....should've went to college....bad luck...it all just added up to this disaster
So he could have blown his knee out while he was at Duke???
somebody correct me if im wrong but he had a much worse injury than mcgahee

livingston blew out ACL, PCL,MCL,LCL, meniscus, fractured his kneecap & tore his patellar tendon.
Exactly...Shawn messed up EVERYTHING that you can mess up in your knee...

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, the posterior cruciate ligament, and the lateral meniscus.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Willis McGahee blew out EVERY ligament in his knee and was doing agility drills before the draft and he is playing in the most strenuous sport and Livingston is still in therapy stages and non contact drills?

ACL, PCL and meniscus is a 8-12 month rehab at most, especially with him being so young and athletic, something went wrong.

somebody correct me if im wrong but he had a much worse injury than mcgahee

livingston blew out ACL, PCL,MCL,LCL, meniscus, fractured his kneecap & tore his patellar tendon.

id be surprised to see livingston on an nba court ever again.

i think the mcgahee injury looked worse than livingston's at first though...obviously

So he could have blown his knee out while he was at Duke???
His body wasn't ready for the NBA game yet....he could've put on a lil bit of weight and strenght that helps prevent injuries.

but yes everytime you step on the court whether the YMCA or pros you can blowout a knee

Hope to see Shawn come back, and at least make a run at playing again.

Tough to see this kind of thing happen.

I hate the "he should have went to college," excuse. Dude got his money, enough to live on for the rest of his life, and it's not like he'sjust giving up.

So sad to hear.

On another note.

I hate these type of comparisons made with guys like Lamar Odom, Lebron James and Shaun Livingston:

What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches.

Nobody will ever come close to how great Magic Johnson was.This comparison is worse than the Kobe to Michael Jordan comparisons.

frown.gif
bad news.. hate to see a player go down. a young one with so much potential at that

Back
Top Bottom