Shaun Livingston update....not looking too good =(

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

So sad to hear.

On another note.

I hate these type of comparisons made with guys like Lamar Odom, Lebron James and Shaun Livingston:

What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches.

Nobody will ever come close to how great Magic Johnson is.This comparison is worse than the Kobe to Michael Jordan comparisons.

Come on dude, step up the reading comprehension. Is Shaun Livingston NOT 6'7''? Is he NOT a PG? That's the comparison. Magic Johnson-likeHEIGHT. There was nothing else that compared the two, just the fact they are both PG's, and they are both 6'7''.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So sad to hear.

On another note.

I hate these type of comparisons made with guys like Lamar Odom, Lebron James and Shaun Livingston:

What made Livingston special: he is a point guard with Magic Johnson-like height, at 6 feet 7 inches.

Nobody will ever come close to how great Magic Johnson is.This comparison is worse than the Kobe to Michael Jordan comparisons.

Come on dude, step up the reading comprehension. Is Shaun Livingston NOT 6'7''? Is he NOT a PG? That's the comparison. Magic Johnson-like HEIGHT. There was nothing else that compared the two, just the fact they are both PG's, and they are both 6'7''.
tired.gif

exactly, they weren't saying he was Magic Johnson...only his height.
nerd.gif

it's sad to hear this, i really liked him and i thought he could be a future all-star when he first got to the league. i certainly hope he can work his wayback in.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

tired.gif
Hope to see him playing again 1 day.

It's scary because Shaun Livingston is similar to Devin Harris, neither have much body weight @ ~185. Devin is a few inches shorter, but both havesimilar body-types. Devin hasn't put on much weight has he?

tired.gif

It is a shame, he is truly a good kid. Hopefully he makes a comeback, or gets a chance to make a comeback.

Originally Posted by acidicality

So sad to hear.

On another note.

Come on dude, step up the reading comprehension. Is Shaun Livingston NOT 6'7''? Is he NOT a PG? That's the comparison. Magic Johnson-like HEIGHT. There was nothing else that compared the two, just the fact they are both PG's, and they are both 6'7''.
tired.gif
nerd.gif

it's sad to hear this, i really liked him and i thought he could be a future all-star when he first got to the league. i certainly hope he can work his way back in.

And you're both wrong, Magic was a 6'9" point guard that could play any position on the court, including PF and C. The correct height/bodycomparison for Shaun Livingston is Penny Hardaway.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

So sad to hear.

On another note.

tired.gif
nerd.gif

it's sad to hear this, i really liked him and i thought he could be a future all-star when he first got to the league. i certainly hope he can work his way back in.

And you're both wrong, Magic was a 6'9" point guard that could play any position on the court, including PF and C. The correct height/body comparison for Shaun Livingston is Penny Hardaway.

SMH at me for even forgetting that he was 6'9.

So sad to hear.

On another note.

tired.gif
nerd.gif

And you're both wrong, Magic was a 6'9" point guard that could play any position on the court, including PF and C. The correct height/body comparison for Shaun Livingston is Penny Hardaway.

The point was, Magic Johnson like-height. They are similar in height, that's allthat was pointed out. Like-height. There was nothing said about SL being able to play other positions, JUST his height. You both are taking things out ofproportion.

It's scary because Shaun Livingston is similar to Devin Harris, neither have much body weight @ ~185. Devin is a few inches shorter, but both have similar body-types. Devin hasn't put on much weight has he?

Yea I know what you mean.
ohwell.gif

Devin is still at 185 too just about 4 inches shorter than Livingston.

Devin Harris isn't near as frail as Livingston, even though he's obviously no bodybuilder himself. And I wonder what went wrong. I remember reading andeven seeing video that he was ahead of his schedule, and was back dunking with 2 hands off the vertical when his trainer wasn't looking.

The point was, Magic Johnson like-height. They are similar in height, that's all that was pointed out. Like-height. There was nothing said about SL being able to play other positions, JUST his height. You both are taking things out of proportion.

First of all, there's a significant difference between 6-7 and 6-9. It was Magic Johnson's height that allowed him to play PF and C, so someone whohas "height like him" should be able to do the same... that's why 6-7 and 6-9 are much more different in the NBA than 6-7 and 6-5.

I don't think college would have necessarily helped Shaun stay healthy...plenty of players go to school and are still skinny and weak.

Word to these guys

get_image

tprince02.jpg

act_kevin_durant.jpg

The point was, Magic Johnson like-height. They are similar in height, that's all that was pointed out. Like-height. There was nothing said about SL being able to play other positions, JUST his height. You both are taking things out of proportion.

First of all, there's a significant difference between 6-7 and 6-9. It was Magic Johnson's height that allowed him to play PF and C, so someone who has "height like him" should be able to do the same... that's why 6-7 and 6-9 are much more different in the NBA than 6-7 and 6-5.
the point is the mention of Livingston compared to Johnson was ONLY because he was a tall point guard. Is 6-7 normal for a NBA point guard? I don'tthink so. Magic was a different animal, but they were compared in the article only because of height. Again, it couldn't be more clear, everybody and theirmomma knows Livingston didn't have Magic's GAME at all and no one is saying that
laugh.gif
some of yall just need to read. No one is disputing Magic'sskillset is much more diverse and Livingston will never be that way.

And I agree that 6-7 and 6-9 is a huge difference, but once again are there many 6-7 PGs out there? Don't think so. Which was the article's point inmaking that kind of comparison, although it may be wrong.

he had a lot of potential, it is sad to see him go the injury route.

i remember seeing that injury....
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
. I couldn't watch the replay.

If he does come back and play, he'll need to bulk up if he wants to play the 3.

That's too bad I thought he was going to be a good player and enjoyed watching him play I wish him the best of luck hopefully he can make a comeback

Dude got his money, enough to live on for the rest of his life,
hardly....he was makin like 4 mil a year.... its not enough to live off of, he needs to manage that money smartly, then if everything works out,he can live off of that

You can easily live off 4 mill in the bank, thats $200,000 a year+ just on interest. Plus I believe he gets at least SOMETHING from NBA pension, even forplaying as little as he did. Plus I am sure no NBA athlete in his right mind wouldn't have catastrophic injury insurance.

Feel bad for him, he would get a pension from the NBA if he retires, it's just sad that the 2 best hoopers from Peoria have been hurt seriously like theyhave

So sad to hear.

On another note.

tired.gif

I'm glad you said it --- that sentence wasn't hard at all to comprehend

But yea i remember it like yesterday him destroyin his knee and more than likely knew his career would never be the same again

he'll never be the same. Even if he's return healthy: The fear of another injury is just too big to ignore

Originally Posted by commodity05

Dude got his money, enough to live on for the rest of his life,
hardly....he was makin like 4 mil a year.... its not enough to live off of, he needs to manage that money smartly, then if everything works out, he can live off of that

I hope you're kidding.

So sad to hear.

On another note.

Nobody will ever come close to how great Magic Johnson was.This comparison is worse than the Kobe to Michael Jordan comparisons.

Learn how to read tool.... it is specifically talking about a comparison to height and the position they play, not the actual playing ability.

Back
Top Bottom