Shaw Digital or Bell ExpressVu?

Who provides your viewing pleasure? Im currently with Shaw and I just picked up an HD PVR. But it seems like Bell just kills it with all the HD channelsthey have, including Raptors TV HD and The Score HD.

Anyone with Bell, how much are you paying per month and what channels do you have?

I like watching my sports in HD and Bell does a good job in that aspect...I don't watch much else TV other than sports so I'm good, plus they bundleall our services for a further discount.

Yeah Bell gets more cause it is a Toronto base company. and It is because most of their customers are in the east, and the demand in the east for HD channelsis higher. (Due to population there compared to the west) Especially for Raptors TV(Shaw didn't get it until last year, and right now we don't haveRaptors HD).

Because Shaw is only available to Western Canada, the demand for HD is less, they are not willing to pay more for the extra HD channels that not many peoplewill subscribe to.

I have Shaw, it is good. Not great. But I don't like satellite tv. Far too many problems compared to digital cable.

EDIT:
Shaw has recently added a alternative SportsnetHD channel at 298, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
ohwell.gif

I suggest going to this forum
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/
for the latest news and discussions about Canadian TV and HDTV

^^ Cool thanks for the link. Yah I got Shaw and I got all the HD channels that are available. Once/IF they get Raptors HD and The Score HD then Ill be veryhappy.

Originally Posted by Kicks R Me

^^ Cool thanks for the link. Yah I got Shaw and I got all the HD channels that are available. Once/IF they get Raptors HD and The Score HD then Ill be very happy.

Yeah I suggest e-mailing Shaw about providing such services. Once they see there is a demand out there for such channels, they will surely provide them.

I still don't know how Shaw offers like 20-22 HD channels at the most and not know that customers would like more.

just get FTA, you buy the box and dish.

Set them up ( i have 4 LNB's on my sat dish, the more LNB's then the more channels) and plug in your sat box to your comp. Download a program thatupdates the sat box, then plug it in and upload the new codes.

Simply renew the codes everytime the dish gets zapped (which is about once every 2 - 3 months).

I got every channel you can possibly imagine, EX: ( every ESPN channel, ALL THE NBA LEAGUE PASS CHANNELS + NBA TV AND NBA STATS, HBO, the movie network andsome 80+ HD channels.

If there are 12 games within the NBA one night, i can catch them all. Its a beautiful thing. Just buy the box and dish and thats it.

^When it gets zapped, doesn't that fry the card, and so you would need a new one?

^^ Nope, no more card. Its all integrated into the box, so when it gets zapped you just connect your box to your pc, then download the new file for free off ofone the websites and upload to the box and ur done.

And if your serious about ur TV, you can get the N-Fusion. its a sat box that has bluetooth, so you connect it to your PC (via wireless) and everytime it getszapped it re-programs itself just as long as your wireless is up and you never have to do anything manually. Its does everything itself.

Im getting one soon but i just want to read up on a few more reviews and make sure there are no tweaks that i dont know about.

Back
Top Bottom