SHAWN JOHNSON IS FAT????

shawn-johnson-beforeafter.jpg

Gold medalist gymnast Shawn Johnson gained, then lost, 25 pounds during her three-year break from international competition, she told reporters on Monday.

The 20-year-old, who won three silver medals and one gold in Beijing and is attempting a comeback for London, discussed the weight gain, and her subsequent body image problems at the USOC media summit on Monday. She said her fluctuating weight led to "hurtful" comments in the tabloids.

[Video: Shawn Johnson finds Olympic inspiration through family ]

"That whole process kind of broke me down and taught me something," she said, according to USA Today. "People put too much emphasis on looks."

Even when she was at the top of the gymnastics world, Johnson battled weight issues. "I was at the Olympic Games winning medals and I still doubted my image," she said. "I doubted what I looked like. That's sad. Girls should be taught different than that. I think everyone should be taught different than that."

Johnson put on the weight after the 2008 Olympics and her 2009 victory on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars." She tore her ACL during a freak skiing accident in early 2010 and added some heft to her athletic 4-foot-9 frame. Johnson said she'd perform Internet searches for her name and was horrified at the results.

[Photos: Athletes to watch at the London Games ]

She's not a certainty to make the U.S. team but is excited for the opportunity to compete for a spot at the upcoming Olympic trials.

"I'm getting stronger on a daily basis," she told Fox Sports last week. "I'm excited for June. This time around, I've taken a whole new approach and mentality."

I never thought she looked fat, she just had that cute baby fat/athlete thing going on. Also its like what do you expect she's 4'9.

I tried looking for some fat pictures of her is this like the best I could find
url

What do yall think?

Definitely chubby in that picture you posted, but not in the top 2 from the article. Dwarf girls always get huge quickly though

ive actually met nastia. (ex was a gymnast) but they say shawn was a backstabber lol a grimey chick

I went out with a near-Olympic level gymnast for a bit. They are short because their growth is stunted due to years of training from an early age, and when they stop for good, their bodies have to redistribute the muscle, and it turns into fat. That's why they often come away looking so bloated later on. They look good in the moment, but later on, not so much.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I went out with a near-Olympic level gymnast for a bit. They are short because their growth is stunted due to years of training from an early age, and when they stop for good, their bodies have to redistribute the muscle, and it turns into fat. That's why they often come away looking so bloated later on. They look good in the moment, but later on, not so much.
That actually makes really good sense....... my girl's friend was a gymnast from age 6 till 17 and now she has the body of a oompa loompa with how short and stalky she is :wow:

I don't care if Alicia Sacramone looks like Rosie O'Donnell in 10 years, she can meet me at the altar in a white dress.

Do you think that's because that training makes their bodies focus on building muscle instead of growing?

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

whats up with this girl??
I'd smang em all

g2.png

Alicia Sacramone
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Finished up college a couple years back but has still been competing.

She dropped this regular dude football cat from Brown she was messing with though and started dating Brady Quinn.

Bigger than her older pics but not by much. She can lose that before the Olympics. How tall is she though, like 4'10??
Would toss her around and fold her up like crazy
devil.gif

Originally Posted by cguy610

Do you think that's because that training makes their bodies focus on building muscle instead of growing?

It probably messes with their growth plates as well. Kind of why they warn kids not to start lifting weights too early. I'm a bboy (breakdancer) and the kids that started killing it when they were like, 8, hardly ever grow past 5'9
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom