Shawn Marion Suns career appreciation / pics.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I remember Bob Kemp (old school late night radio guy) was really excited by Marion going to the Suns when he got drafted. That was the first time I ever heard of Marion because Kemp was about as knowledgeable as they came back then. Dude knew his stuff, so when he started saying the Suns got a steal, i took notice. And of course, he was right.
I used to listen to Kemp back in the day on the old Sports Entertainment Network (what is now Sporting News Radio)...I remember that when Trixwas drafted and he really was high on him.
Kemp is now hosting a local mid-day talk show in Phx...I don't get to listen to him because he's on when I'm usually at work.

Originally Posted by presequel

If Marion was smart, he would opt out of his contract end of this year, then sign with PHX again for what he's worth*

THEN PHX would be dangerous. But nah, he wants the money and the stats, and be at least the #2 guy on the team.

fixed.

You guys don't understand Shawn's personality...the toilet thing and the "wash my car" are jokes.

Dude has a serious girlfriend he's had for at least 5 years. She lives with him. So I don't want to hear any of this "suspect" or"Amaechi" crap about him.

He's a jokester. His favorite thing to watch on TV is cartoons.
He was a client where I used to work and he'd come in and just start dancing - for no reason. He just likes to have fun.

Shawn Marion's is appreciated, and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves down in Miami. He's one of my favorite players ever. 18 and 10 as a SF isfreaky.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

Originally Posted by CP1708

I remember Bob Kemp (old school late night radio guy) was really excited by Marion going to the Suns when he got drafted. That was the first time I ever heard of Marion because Kemp was about as knowledgeable as they came back then. Dude knew his stuff, so when he started saying the Suns got a steal, i took notice. And of course, he was right.
I used to listen to Kemp back in the day on the old Sports Entertainment Network (what is now Sporting News Radio)...I remember that when Trix was drafted and he really was high on him.
Kemp is now hosting a local mid-day talk show in Phx...I don't get to listen to him because he's on when I'm usually at work.

No kidding? Damn, my wife just asked me about him last night and I told her that I had heard he was retired. I didn't know dude was still around. Igotta see if he does anything on the net, like a blog or something. He was always my fav radio guy. Bland as all hell, but he knew his stuff.
laugh.gif

Like Nash and Amare are ever going to be shopped by the Suns; you don't shop All Star PGs and Cs. Forwards are always shopped; he let the trade rumors get to him instead of realizing that the Suns respect him with a healthy paycheck and a max extension. The trade rumors weren't disrespect at all.
exactly...it's a business.

i liked dude as a Sun, but it's a business, players get traded like playing cards. i do appreciate that he did play with effort. had JJ been healthy thatplayoff series with the Spurs they prolly woulda won.

but
eek.gif
roll.gif
@ the last vid.

Suns just lost their guy who could give you 15-10-5 with 2 steals and a block. I appreciate Shawn's game, just wish he didn't go to Miami...YUCK!

shawn is THE man .kinda feel bad for him a little, I mean ...from perennial playoff appearance squad, to 9 wins..... but, his suns PE's were
eek.gif

Definitely will miss Trix. On the court, there will not be many more like him - the definition of versatility, he can rebound, block shots, guard anybody, hehits his free throws, 3's, midrange Js, and could throw done with the best of them. Hardly injured, he was a freak.

BUT, off the court, I don't understand his mannerisms. A lot of people don't realize that he was the highest paid player on the team, and almost top 10in salaries in the League! If he wants to be the #1 man on an OK or bad team, then good for him, but I don't know why he wouldn't want to win.

As Zo alluded to, the main thing I will miss in this whole situation is the Power 3 not winning a championship together.

NBAdotcom wrote:

The "Big Three" never got a real shot to lead the Suns to a title due to injuries, suspensions, and David $tern
view.php

Back
Top Bottom