Should I be worried that my pupils are constricted? (paging NT eye people?)

My eyes really started to hurt last night, were pretty bloodshot - just from my contacts getting kind of old I believe. So I took them out last night and putin a brand new pair today - now my eyes are still kind hurting, but they're really sensitive to the sunlight, too. I could barely keep my eyes open on thedrive to work today because of how bright it was outside.. and i looked and my pupils are so tiny, which i guess is a reaction to all the light.

But is this a sign of something worse or what could be wrong here?

I know there's at least one optometrist on here - but maybe somebody else can help.

If I were you, I would have let my eyes rest for a day or two before putting in the new pair. If it doesn't clear up then, go to your Opt. to check themout.

Originally Posted by jtothadub

what you need to do is hop back in the closet. obviously, it's not time to come out.

Not even sure what this means. But you've been very helpful.

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

If I were you, I would have let my eyes rest for a day or two before putting in the new pair. If it doesn't clear up then, go to your Opt. to check them out.

I don't have any glasses right now
frown.gif
i don't have a prescription good to get a pair either - i guess i just need to see an optom. either way..

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

what you need to do is hop back in the closet. obviously, it's not time to come out.

eyes.gif

it was a joke regarding homosexuality and optometry combined, stemming from the fact that darkness makes the pupils dilate...

it was a lame cheap shot, i retract it.

and if there is any detioration of vision, i would get an eye exam asap. you may have scratched corneae...

same happened to me try not to wear your contacts too much while your eyes are like
it went away in one day

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

eyes.gif

it was a joke regarding homosexuality and optometry combined, stemming from the fact that darkness makes the pupils dilate...

it was a lame cheap shot, i retract it.

and if there is any detioration of vision, i would get an eye exam asap. you may have scratched corneae...

laugh.gif

Photophobia (sensitivity to light) can be a symptom of a lot of eye problems.

The main rule with corneal problems is that if it is red AND painful then it's something to worry about - if your eyes are just a little uncomfortable anda little red that isn't something to be too concerned about.

I would agree with Fanatic though that you need to take a break from your contact lenses - it's amazing what even 24 hours can do. Everyone should have atleast a pair of glasses they can get by with - either in an emergency or just to have a break sometimes.

But, if you're seeing okay and your eyes aren't too irritated you should be better soon.

PS If you get to the point where your contact lenses feel like that they are waaay past the time to change - you shouldn't notice too much difference whenyou switch to a new pair.

Sounds like you may have a sty. Get some eye drops, let your contacts rest, and you should be fine.

Sounds like an infection. Go to your optometrist. They'll prescribe some medicine and tell you to stay off of contacts for about a week. After that acheckup. You should be fine. Just don't put it off, it could get a lot worse.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Photophobia (sensitivity to light) can be a symptom of a lot of eye problems.

The main rule with corneal problems is that if it is red AND painful then it's something to worry about - if your eyes are just a little uncomfortable and a little red that isn't something to be too concerned about.

I would agree with Fanatic though that you need to take a break from your contact lenses - it's amazing what even 24 hours can do. Everyone should have at least a pair of glasses they can get by with - either in an emergency or just to have a break sometimes.

But, if you're seeing okay and your eyes aren't too irritated you should be better soon.

PS If you get to the point where your contact lenses feel like that they are waaay past the time to change - you shouldn't notice too much difference when you switch to a new pair.

Thanks KD - i was going to PM you, but i couldn't remember if you were the eye guy or not.

I'm thinking i just irritated them with the old contacts and now i'm just paying for it a bit today - when i get home from work i'm gonna givemy eyes a rest from the contacts for the rest of the night... I'm gonna make an appointment though because I need to get a pair of glasses - can'tbelieve you HAVE to get a prescription glasses but you can buy over the counter sleeping pills
laugh.gif
Is it like that everywhere or is this just a state orunited states thing? Seems like the timeframe for glasses prescriptions should last longer I guess.

Anyways - thanks again.
smile.gif

Go to the doctor dude! I have an emergency meeting tomorrow myself (woke up blind in my right eye this morning).

You should really go to the doctor and have a pair of glasses to switch with every once in a while. You only get one pair of eyes.

can't believe you HAVE to get a prescription glasses but you can buy over the counter sleeping pills Is it like that everywhere or is this just a state or united states thing? Seems like the timeframe for glasses prescriptions should last longer I guess.

It's like that in the countries I know about - those with reasonable advanced eyecare anyway.

The thinking behind it is that it ensures that you are having your eyes looked at reasonably often - so if you can't see it's not that you have somehorrible disease.

Can you imagine if everyone just chose glasses off the shelf? People with serious eye conditions could delay the start of their treatment by months sometimes -and waste a lof of money in the process.

The thinking behind it is that it ensures that you are having your eyes looked at reasonably often - so if you can't see it's not that you have some horrible disease.

Can you imagine if everyone just chose glasses off the shelf? People with serious eye conditions could delay the start of their treatment by months sometimes - and waste a lof of money in the process.
laugh.gif
Nah - I understand. Just always seems like it doesn't fit into my schedule, i feel like i'm going to the eye-doctor all the timeeven though it's like once a year. same with the dentist, although i just hate the dentist.. eye doctor is usually a walk in the park.

Yeah, I have patients all the time say stuff like 'this is as bad as going to the dentist' and I never understand it - it's a whole lot easiersurely? I just look at their eyes - not like I stick my fingers in and scrape them with all sorts of horrible instruments.

Does a glasses prescription only last one year in the US? It's 2 years here which is reasonable.

Originally Posted by kdwallace

Yeah, I have patients all the time say stuff like 'this is as bad as going to the dentist' and I never understand it - it's a whole lot easier surely? I just look at their eyes - not like I stick my fingers in and scrape them with all sorts of horrible instruments.

Does a glasses prescription only last one year in the US? It's 2 years here which is reasonable.

I'm not sure now that you say it - I know contacts are only 1 year, so i'm there every year.. i'm thinking it maybe 2 years for glasses afterage 18.. but that really doesn't affect me too much, anybody else confirm?

My Opt. tells me to come back every 2 yrs for Glasses and one for contacts. I had to go every year when I was younger because my vision changed so much, butnow it's stable. Speaking of this, I need to make a new appointment... My Rx ran out in December
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

My Opt. tells me to come back every 2 yrs for Glasses and one for contacts. I had to go every year when I was younger because my vision changed so much, but now it's stable. Speaking of this, I need to make a new appointment... My Rx ran out in December
eek.gif
its 2 years in the us, but my medicare gives me new glasses every year for free if i "lose" my glasses
pimp.gif

CONTACTS R MESSED UP!!!

Hope you get better dude...that sounds like a big problem. Hope the NT doctors are able to help you out on the info you need. This is why i love NT. All typesof people are here to help you out when you are in need.

Good Luck and get better!

I think you have an eye infection. Take off your contacts and wear your glasses until you can see a doctor.

Back
Top Bottom