Sicario (2015): Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin, Benicio del Toro

laugh.gif

devil.gif

Relevant

All these years later....

******* C.I.A. :smh:. Scum of the earth.

And to think, cats on NT think I be on my tinfoil hat game when I tell 'em that our gov moves more weight than any of these jefes.

Last edited:
Movie felt like a different way of doing Training Day.... "To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and to catch the wolf you gotta be a MF'in wolf!"

And then at the end he broke her hear, he ether'ed her soul staring her down....daring her to make a move. She then moved to Boulder, Colorado and became a Sheriff hahahahahhahha.

Movie felt like a different way of doing Training Day....
I definitely want to let the movie stand alone on its own without comparisons, but I literally told my boy that Sicario left me with the exact same feeling immediately after seeing it as Training Day did the very first time I saw it.

Amazing movie. 

-Blunt is the most average AWG i have ever seen. No cakes, nada tatas, she is kinda pretty but nothing amazing.

Her being idealistic was one thing, but her weakness and whininess where soooo annoying.

Del Toro's trillness made the movie.

-Blunt is the most average AWG i have ever seen. No cakes, nada tatas, she is kinda pretty but nothing amazing.

Her being idealistic was one thing, but her weakness and whininess where soooo annoying.

Well that's the thing.

Most cops/LE are idealistic, weak and whiny.

:lol: Kate (and to an extent Reggie) encapsulated the pervasiveness of those qualities.

So many folks who mean well enter into law enforcement. They come in thinking they're going to change the system but really they're naive and weak because when the chips are down they're going to turn the other cheek because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and do what's right because it'll be their career or worse their life.

That's the indisputable facts of this matter.

Last edited:

Well that's the thing.

Most cops/LE are idealistic, weak and whiny.

:lol: Kate (and to an extent Reggie) encapsulated the pervasiveness of those qualities.

So many folks who mean well enter into law enforcement. They come in thinking they're going to change the system but really they're naive and weak because when the chips are down they're going to turn the other cheek because they don't have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and do what's right because it'll be their career or worse their life.

That's the indisputable facts of this matter.

I understand that famb

It was the fact they made her extra whiny, weak and idealistic that made her annoying.

It worked well in the story, it was just that everytime she the screen I was like :rolleyes

Like you had your chance to walk away,you don't; you get the drop on someone, you still get shot; then you act like gonna do something by swingin on folk, you get punked again; say you ain't signing ****, but fold like a steel chair when da burner come out :lol:

Like handle yaself better ma :lol:

Last edited:
Finally had the chance to watch the movie and I really enjoyed it.

Curious, what did Benicio Del Toro do to the guy that was being interrogated at the beginning of the film? Couldn't hear to well, since my daughter was sleeping.
nerd.gif

I understand that famb

It was the fact they made her extra whiny, weak and idealistic that made her annoying.

It worked well in the story, it was just that everytime she the screen I was like :rolleyes

Like you had your chance to walk away,you don't; you get the drop on someone, you still get shot; then you act like gonna do something by swingin on folk, you get punked again; say you ain't signing ****, but fold like a steel chair when da burner come out :lol:

Like handle yaself better ma :lol:

I think Blunt did a great job with Kate.

You're right, she was annoying. Her indecisiveness and inability to stick to her convictions was absolutely perturbing.

Especially in the end. IT was like damn, SHOOT, empty the magazine!!!! You've got him DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!

Aaaaaand nothing. :lol:

Last edited:
"Time to meet God"

:x the savagery of Alejandro was tremendous

That last scene at the soccer field :frown:

Last edited:
Finally had the chance to watch the movie and I really enjoyed it.

Curious, what did Benicio Del Toro do to the guy that was being interrogated at the beginning of the film? Couldn't hear to well, since my daughter was sleeping.:nerd:

Fozz Fozz

So, I'm pretty sure he sexually assaulted the guy. I just watched the movie, which I thought was fantastic. After watching, I read up on that torture scene, specifically. The theory, or idea, that I most agreed with was this:

When the guy was in the interrogation room, Del Toro was seen bringing a gallon water jug down the hallway. This is giving the illusion that he's going to waterboard the perp in the interrogation room. When Del Toro enters, Forsing leaves, turning off the camera. Del Toro begins to straddle the perp, showing dominance. Now, we have to remember, he's a man who lost everything, including his law career, so he'll literally do anything to get the info he needs to get back at the cartel for killing his family. The gallon jug is placed on the floor and the camera cuts to the drain. No water is seen going towards the drain, and all we hear are grunts and the scene is over.

When I read that, everything made sense. Del Toro was ruthless in the movie and the team he was working with was a bit rogue in the sense that they would often bend the rules to do what they needed to do. This is why Brolin was unfazed while sitting in the room with Del Toro and the perp.

*edit*

Back in the day, my friend's sister worked a few months in a border town doing work for the US gov't. She ended up getting PTSD and needed therapy due to the things she saw and heard. My friend went down and visited her, and the "fireworks" that we saw in the movie, were actually very common in the town where she was working. In addition, they also saw a severed head on a gate post. :smh:

Last edited:
Glad this got its own thread.

Great movie and I especially liked how direct and unabashedly non-PC it was. Del Toro was great in this and I thought Blunt played her role well too (huge contrast to her character in Edge of Tomorrow).

I had to rewatch this too:

Back in the day, my friend's sister worked a few months in a border town doing work for the US gov't. She ended up getting PTSD and needed therapy due to the things she saw and heard. My friend went down and visited her, and the "fireworks" that we saw in the movie, were actually very common in the town where she was working. In addition, they also saw a severed head on a gate post. :smh:

crazy

Back
Top Bottom