*** Since When Did Dr Dre & Eminem Co-Signs Hold No Weight?? ***

��

Cashis - "Lac Motion"

Joell Ortiz - "125 Grams" Pt 4 (Finale)

Damn . . . Times have changed, these are 2 talented artist that will prolly live on the shelf becaus their's no exposure for them to build a commercialfanbase . . .

nothing stands out to me about Cashis

but Joell Ortiz is one of those artists that if talent sold...he would be multi-platinum

unfortunately i bet his Koch release sold like 4k

and he will never ever come out with an Aftermath release.

speaking of Eminem Co-signs what happened with Stat Quo? dude was talented as well.

These dude's need Em & Dre in the spotlight to shine.

That's one of the main reasons why 50s album was so successful was because Eminem's name was still out there grinding. Nobody cares if these guys signto Shady Records or Aftermath, but put them on a Dr. Dre album or Eminem album and they might get better exposure.

Obie Trice dropped his, "obie trice, real name no gimmicks" joint on Em's album and it pretty much help sell his debut joint.

That's one of the main reasons why 50s album was so successful was because Eminem's name was still out there grinding.
I'm not saying that Dre and Em didn't help 50's situation, but 50 would have probably blew regardless but probably not to as big as hewas.

In Da Club really put him in mainstream America, but he already had a rep.

When 50 came out nobody was on that beefing tip so he was original with it, and everybody wanted to see who he would beef with next.

But, that gimmick quickly wore it's welcome and he's where he is now which isn't too bad though.

If you make good music that is universal you will succeed. Get Rich was a top notch album from a really hyped rapper who lived up to his hype...at that time.

50 built/had a rep before he went to Shady/Aftermath so the cosigning helped, but if he didn't have a hot album it wouldn't have meant anything.

This is equivalent somewhat to Lil' Wayne right now. He's heavily hyped right now, but if he drops some wack sh.. it won't mean nothing.

If your sh.. hot your sh.. hot. Plain and simple.

Yeah I know you guys are going to come in here with Rapper A, Rapper B saying they spit that real raw sh.., but if it don't connect with the mass mediathen they won't sell like that. But, most fans are cool with that, but everyone want's to see their favorite artist succeed. It's when they dosucceed is when they start getting hated on.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

but everyone want's to see their favorite artist succeed. It's when they do succeed is when they start getting hated on.

thats the realist sish u ever wrote...

Ns dont even know about homey Bobby Creekwater I wonder if he's even on the label anymore dude is a lyricist from the South, youd think that alone wouldget him praise.

With the Dre co-signs Im wondering now if it had to do more with Em being a white rapper who can actually can rap n Im wondering if Em's co-sign of Curtishad to do more with him being a good white rapper co-signing a black rapper n the fact he got shout 9 times

I shouldnt even be questioninng it but thats how effed up shh is

smokin.gif

Cashis is a pretty good mc IMO....... he gotta drop somethin real serious with some real production....... Country Hound EP is
pimp.gif

Stat is still the homie to me. I remember when Statlanta dropped
eek.gif

I need to hear more Cashis, but generally whoever em rodes for I like. Except encore.

Joel? I'm feeling him, but not enough to rep him or anything.

joell ortiz is that dude.

but i can take it back further when talking about em and dre co-signs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, where the hell is the STATLANTA album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joell Ortiz is top 5 in the game right, his debut album was crazy!

Stat Quo i liked 4 or 5 songs i heard from him so he's got my attention

Cashis.......I dont know, from what i heard its nothin special but i havent heard enough to make a decision

Its not that their names or co-signs don't hold weight its just the artists their signing aren't really marketable. Stat Quo wasn't gonna doanything and neither was Joell or Cashis. When I heard about these signings I just took it as Dre and Em tryin' to give more credibility to their label.Look at Obie's sophmore disc. No cameo by Em on 1st single=flopped. Em drops mixtape with Shady/Aftermath artists and it goes platinum. 50 was a lot moremarketable than the artists they have on their label now. It was just perfect timing. Em and Dre were at the height of their recording careers. Fif had thehype around bein' shot 9 times. He also had the mixtape game on lock but that wasn't gonna make him a superstar. He came into the game as Em andDre's artist. The 1st time we ever saw Em and Dre co-signing someone. Fif just came in at a perfect time. If Fif came out in 2008 I don't think he hasthe same success. If he comes into the game without Em and Dre he probably is a afterthought by now.

Originally Posted by xBuddha Blessx

Ns dont even know about homey Bobby Creekwater I wonder if he's even on the label anymore dude is a lyricist from the South, youd think that alone would get him praise.

came in here just to mention him. you are one of like 100 ppl outside of GA that has heard of him. sad. dude can spit.

It was a trickle down effect.

See, Eminem was gonna blow regardless, but the fact he had Dre's co-sign helped him gain respect in the hip-hop crowd. Em was the 1st white rapper that wasreally good to maintain success on that level, and Dre co-signed him.

Then off of Em's hype, gave success to a lot. You had Obie goin plat and D12 went plat, and then 50 blew up from the Em backing.

Then 50 sorta had his hype which got Buck, Banks, & the G-Unit album to go plat.

But that whole camp's ability to garner an artist hype, sorta died down when they started signing too many artists.

I mean, 50 had Banks, Buck, Yayo, Game...then started adding Olivia, Mobb Deep, M.O.P., Spider Loc, etc, and thought he could still hold that respect like hepreviously had.

And Em/Dre started signing Bobby Creekwater, Stat, Ca$his, Joell, etc...and I don't think anybody can really give an artist that much attention anymore.

I mean that Re-Up mixtape sold pretty we'll, but that was solely because it was "Eminem Presents:" so his name was attached to it, but nobodyreally checks for the other dudes.

Nice breakdown^ but i still think Cashis is the best outta Bobby Creekwater Stat Quo Joell Ortiz

if dre and em had albums out and included them on their albums AND got out there and actively marketed these guys then it wouldn't be an issue. but theydon't. so nobody cares about these guys cuz most ppl don't know they exist.

What about Bishop Lamont ? When is he dropping ? I don't think this dude will get shelved.

Back
Top Bottom