Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Yeah, it's Mr. Perfect catching his own pass
laugh.gif

Arroyo overseas...Boykins looking at the possibility.

Arroyo Latest Player To Go Overseas

HAARETZ newspaper in Israel is reporting Orlando free agent agent guard Carlos Arroyo is the latest NBA player to make the jump overseas.

Arroyo has reportedly signed a three-year deal worth $7.5 million with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Last season, Arroyo played in 62 games for the Magic averaging 6.9 points and 3.5 assists.

Boykins Could Be Maccabi-Bound

Boykins_Earl_cha.jpg
Point guard Earl Boykins could beheaded to Europe to play for Maccabi Tel Aviv, according to a report on Haaretz.com.

Boykins played in Charlotte last season and was rumored to be in talks with Spain's TAU Ceramica earlier this summer. A handful of players have spurredthe NBA to play overseas this offseason.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Haha I learned how to spit my gum and hit it to the side because of this man. Good stuff.

RealTalk.
laugh.gif

I actually just cracked a smile when I heard the Perfect theme in that clip.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Haha I learned how to spit my gum and hit it to the side because of this man. Good stuff.

RealTalk.
laugh.gif

I actually just cracked a smile when I heard the Perfect theme in that clip.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Second best entrance music (only to The Million Dollar Man,
pimp.gif
).

The Cavs are talking to Denver about restricted free agent J.R. Smith, and they should go after him hard. The 6-6 Smith is athletic, shot 40 percent on 3-pointers and 46 percent overall while averaging 12.3 points in only 19 minutes a game. With Denver signing wing man Dahntay Jones and being on a binge to cut payroll (they gave Marcus Camby to the Clippers to cut $10 million), it seems Smith should be available. The Cavs have plenty of expiring contracts, which should help Denver if it continues to want to keep payroll under control. Cleveland Plain Dealer

The Cavs tried to work a sign-and-trade with Chicago for Luol Deng, but the Bulls decided to keep him to the tune of $71 million over six years. They'd rather have Deng (both the Cavs and Bulls) than restricted free agent Ben Gordon, who wants a Deng-type deal. The Cavs do have an interest in Kirk Hinrich, but nothing may come of that for a while -- if ever. Cleveland Plain Dealer

In the end, Delonte West will be back. The Russian rumor was a joke. He'll either sign a long-term deal of at least four years, or he will take the one-year qualifying offer at $2.7 million and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. He has been working out regularly at the Cavs training facility and is in good spirits about playing with the team next season. Cleveland Plain Dealer

The 76ers' press conference to announce the re-signing of guard Louis Williams will be held today at 1 p.m. at Green Valley Country Club. The business aspect of the process has been completed. Now, the work in the gym becomes even more concentrated. "Now he knows what he has and where he's going to be," said Merle Scott, Williams' agent. "He knows it's time to get in the gym 100 percent, working hard." Philadelphia Daily News

Williams and Scott agreed to a 5-year guaranteed contract worth somewhere between $25 million and $27 million. Scott declined comment when asked whether the deal included an opt-out clause. Sixers president/general manager Eddie Stefanski confirmed the signing during the team's Beach Bash in Avalon, N.J., but did not offer any details. Philadelphia Daily News

He also said he was "progressing" in negotiations to re-sign Andre Iguodala, the team's remaining restricted free agent. Philadelphia Daily News

Former Orlando Magic point guard Carlos Arroyo has signed to play in Israel next season, according to a newspaper in Israel. Haaretz is reporting Sunday that Arroyo --- who played for the Magic since midway through the 2006 season --- will play for Maccabi Tel Aviv. Arroyo, one of the Magic's most popular players, became a free agent after the 2007-08 season. But the club did not re-sign him, even though General Manager Otis Smith did not rule out that possibility last week. Orlando Sentinel

Arroyo is believed to have signed a three-year contract for $7.5 million, or $2.5 million per year. Orlando Sentinel

Josh Childress spurned a five-year offer worth an estimated $33 million from the Hawks to sign a three-year deal worth at least $20 million from Greek power Olympiakos. All of the other players to sign with European clubs in recent weeks -- Serbia's Nenad Krstic, Spain's Juan Carlos Navarro and Jorge Garbajosa, Argentina's Carlos Delfino and Slovenia's Bostjan Nachbar and Primoz Brezec -- played for top-level teams overseas before coming to the NBA. ESPN.com

After attempting to fill its backcourt void by chasing summer-league sensation Bobby Brown, who elected to sign instead with the Sacramento Kings, Maccabi also made a high-profile attempt to sign Miami Heat free agent Jason Williams. Arroyo becomes the second Detroit Pistons alumnus to join Maccabi in recent weeks, joining forward Rodney White, who was selected No. 9 overall by Detroit in the 2001 draft. ESPN.com

Signing Dragic no longer would require the Suns to make a payroll-cutting move first. Dragic would cost the Suns twice his salary because their payroll likely will result in a luxury tax of $5 million to $6 million. Despite trade rumors involving Leandro Barbosa, a summer deal appears doubtful. Arizona Republic

Suns center Shaquille O'Neal wants ex-Miami teammate Jason Williams. There are also journeymen (see Mike Wilks) or older vets (Damon Stoudamire and Sam Cassell) to consider. Shaun Livingston is intriguing but not in the role to rest Nash more because he is months away from being able to play. Arizona Republic

The Suns likely will use their other roster spot for a big man. Brian Skinner signed with the Clippers, making Sean Marks' return a possibility, but Phoenix could opt for a veteran on a non-guaranteed deal to see who shakes loose in September and October. Arizona Republic

How will the expiring contracts of Chris Wilcox and Donyell Marshall be handled? Presti seemingly has three options: 1. Trade one or both players before the start of the regular season to shore up one of the roster's other areas. 2. Start the season with both players and allow a mid-season trade to develop with a team looking to cut costs by adding expiring contracts. 3. Keep them through the entire season, evaluating both to determine whether they're worth bringing back and at what cost. Oklahoman

The Boston Celtics' Paul Pierce, the most valuable player in the 2008 NBA Finals, was handcuffed by Las Vegas police early Sunday after he was initially uncooperative following a traffic stop for driving erratically on the Strip. Bill Cassell, public information officer for the Metropolitan Police Department, said he did not have the details about why Pierce was cuffed but said it often happens when "an individual is loudly hostile." Las Vegas Review-Journal

"You have to remember he's a big guy," Cassell said. Pierce, a forward who is 6 feet 7 inches tall and weighs 235 pounds, "rapidly calmed down," and police removed the handcuffs after about 15 minutes, Cassell said. Las Vegas Review-Journal

A Breathalyzer showed Pierce registered below the 0.08 level that defines legal intoxication in Nevada. Pierce did not drive the car after he was stopped. Las Vegas Review-Journal
[h2]Arroyo Latest Player To GoOverseas[/h2]
Arroyo_Carlos_orl_080325.jpg

Aug 03, 2008 6:10 PM EST

orl_40.gif
HAARETZnewspaper in Israel is reporting Orlando free agent agent guard Carlos Arroyo is the latest NBA player to make the jump overseas.

Arroyo has reportedly signed a three-year deal worth $7.5 million with Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Last season, Arroyo played in 62 games for the Magic averaging 6.9 points and 3.5 assists.

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic, Euroleague Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Yao: I'm Only 60 To 70Percent[/h2]
Aug 03, 2008 6:46 PM EST

hou_40.gif
Rockets centerYao Ming claims that his injured foot is still far from fully-healed despite returning to the floor two weeks ago for the Chinese national team, according toThe Houston Chronicle.

"I feel weak," Yao said. "I would say I am about 60 to 70 percent and that is frustrating. I am sure now that I willplay in the Olympics."

"But I won't be in my best shape. I know that. And that is disappointing," he added.

He suffered a stress fracture in his left foot in January, missing the remainder of the season for the Rockets.

Via The Houston Chronicle

Houston Rockets

[h2]Cleveland Making A Play ForJ.R. Smith?[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 12:34 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavs aretalking to Denver about restricted free agent J.R. Smith.

The Nuggets have said that they will match any offer sheet Smith signs with another club.

Via Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers,Denver Nuggets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Cavs Attempted Deal ForDeng[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 12:33 PM EST

cle_40.gif
The Cavalierstried to work a sign-and-trade with Chicago for Luol Deng, but the Bulls decided to keep him for $71 million over six years.

Cleveland is not interested in Ben Gordon, but would be intrigued by Kirk Hinrich.

Via Plain Dealer

Cleveland Cavaliers,Chicago Bulls

[h2]Pierce Handcuffed DuringTraffic Stop[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 8:27 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Celtics forwardPaul Pierce was handcuffed by Las Vegas police early Sunday after he was uncooperative during a traffic stop for driving erratically, according to The LasVegas Review-Journal.

Pierce reportedly "calmed down" after fifteen minutes and the handcuffs were removed soon after.

"We find this happens a lot of times," public information officer Bill Cassell said. "Someone is a little agitated andwhen they're placed in handcuffs they rethink things."

A breathalyzer test showed that Pierce registered below the .08 level that defines legal intoxication in Nevada.

"We don't cite everybody we stop," Cassell added. "Sometimes we give just a verbal warning. It's based on thetotality of the circumstances."

Via The Las Vegas Review-Journal

Boston Celtics

[h2]Yao: Beijing Will Be MyLast Olympics[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 8:20 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Rockets centerYao Ming claims that this month's Olympic Games in Beijing will be his last appearance for his home country of China, according to Reuters.

"It will be my third (Olympics)," Yao said.

"I was a very young player and got my first taste of the Olympics in 2000 at Sydney. I played in Athens in 2004 and now this ismy home country and the highest special honor in 2008," he added. "Enough, I think. Why would I need to play in London in 2012."

Via Reuters

Houston Rockets

[h2]Kirilenko Honored ToCarry Country's Flag[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 8:14 AM EST

uta_40.gif
Jazz forwardAndrei Kirilenko is honored to have been selected to carry the Russian flag during the opening ceremonies of the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games on Friday,according to The Deseret News.

"Representing in front of the world, you know, is a big honor," said Kirilenko, "and I will try to do mybest."

He appeared for Russia in the 2004 Olympics Games as well.

"I'm not sure how it's going to go, and if they have a practice or something," he said of the flag-carrying duties."I think there's going to be a practice before the whole ceremony."

Via The Deseret News

Utah Jazz

[h2]Kobe Would Play InRussia For Right Price[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 8:09 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryantadmitted over the weekend that he would consider leaving the NBA for Russia if a sizable contract could be arranged, according to The Sport ExpressDaily.

"Of course," Bryant said when asked if he'd consider playing overseas. "By the way, are you the owner of a Russianteam? It can be arranged for $40 million per year."

A number of NBA players have left the NBA for Europe this offseason, in a somewhat surprising turn of events. It's highly doubtfulthat Bryant would ever actually sign with a Russian team, but anything could become possible for the right price.

It seems as though everyone wants a piece of Kobe though.

"I would love Kobe to come to Duke University to play for me," added Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski. "I can't offerhim that kind of salary, but he would receive a university diploma instead."

Via The Sport Express Daily

Los Angeles Lakers

[h2]Presti Wants Swift To ReturnTo OKC[/h2]
Aug 04, 2008 6:55 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Oklahoma CityGM Sam Presti has been in constant discussions with the representatives of former lottery pick Robert Swift, whose time in the NBA has been marred by injury,according to a report by The Oklahoman.

"We're in daily contact with Robert and his representatives, and we're looking forward to having him back with ourteam," Presti said.

"Robert has had a solid summer of rehabilitation, and we're looking forward to having him back on the floor," Prestisaid. "We're excited to have him with us, and we think that he's going to be someone who's going to be able to contribute for us thisyear."

Via The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

[h2]Kaman:tongue:laying For Germany Was Just About Basketball[/h2]
Aug 03, 2008 6:54 PM EST

lac_40.gif
Clippers centerChris Kaman claims that his decision to play for the German national team was strictly made so that he could play basketball, according to The Grand RapidsPress.

"I thought it was about the basketball," Kaman said. "I would have played for my country if my country neededme."

A lot of people have criticized Kaman for deciding to play for Germany, a country he had never visited prior to joining the team. Hisgreat-grandparents were born there, which allowed him to play for the country.

"I look at this as a great opportunity to live a dream," he added. "I play basketball, and I'm getting this chanceto be part of the Olympics. It's about the basketball for me, not politics, not anything else. I was going to play basketball this summer, and this seemslike a great way to do it.

"People calling me traitor on the radio and stuff, I don't understand that. It's basketball. I love mycountry."

Via The Grand Rapids Press

Los Angeles Clippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Wade Doesn't KnowWhere His Bronze Medal Is[/h2]
Aug 03, 2008 3:16 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Dwyane Wade wasa member of the 2004 USA Olympic team that won the Bronze medal in Athens.

But it is not a cherished possession for the Heat guard.

"I have no idea where that thing is," said Wade. "I don't know. You could probably find it as quick as I could ifyou came to my house. I remember packing it in my bag, and I don't remember what happened."

Via Boston Globe

Miami Heat

[h2]Agent Stole $500k FromRip?[/h2]
Aug 03, 2008 3:14 PM EST

det_40.gif
Two NBA sourcessaid former UConn team manager Josh Nochimson has been decertified as an agent by the players' union in large part because he has been accused of stealingabout $500,000 from Pistons guard Richard Hamilton, a former UConn star.

Nochimson also is no longer the agent for Bulls forward Luol Deng, who last week signed a six-year, $71 million contractextension.

Via Boston Globe

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Arroyo Latest Player To GoOverseas[/h2]
Arroyo_Carlos_orl_080325.jpg

Aug 03, 2008 6:10 PM EST

orl_40.gif
HAARETZnewspaper in Israel is reporting Orlando free agent agent guard Carlos Arroyo is the latest NBA player to make the jump overseas.

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic, Euroleague Basketball

Cleveland wanted Deng in a sign and trade involving which players? We have enough ex-cavs on the squad.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Kobe leaving to play in Russia is BS. i highly doubt he said that.

I agree. But you have to understand from his point of view, 40 mil/year will make your head look the other way for quite some time.

Comon buss & kupcake, lock this dude up for 7 more years.

let me get this straight. the cavs traded ricky davis and now want jr smith?
roll.gif

%+*!#!# hilarious... the cavs looking DESPERATE right now...

Back
Top Bottom