Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

eek.gif
Damn, Baron Davis and Steve Novak together on the same team?! The Clippers mean business!!

Oh he's a dead eye shooter. In that case,
pimp.gif

Time to ship TT the @+!@ out of here!!!
devil.gif

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/sports/5926955.html
[table][tr][td]Rockets to deal forward Novak to Clippers
By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008
Aug. 5, 2008, 9:34PM

The Rockets expect to trim their roster and their bloated collection of forwards on Wednesday by dealing Steve Novak to the Los Angeles Clippers, an individual with knowledge of the deal said Tuesday.

The Rockets will receive future draft considerations, likely the right to switch places with the Clippers in a second round. It is unclear which season that would be because both teams have future second round commitments.

The Rockets selected Novak, 25, in the second round of the 2006 season. A 6-10 forward, Novak averaged 2.7 points in 70 NBA games, making 44.1 percent of his shots and 42.7 percent of his 3-pointers.

The highlight of his two seasons with the Rockets was likely the buzzer-beating 3-pointer he made to defeat the Kings during the Rockets' 22-game winning streak last season.[/td] [/tr][/table]

remember guys...Camby got traded for future draft consderations too...

Novak = Camby... clips are scary good...

laugh.gif
@ the sarcasm

i hope Jannero doesnt go to the Spurs
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

imagine him and Mason off the bench...streaky but that's a decent scoring punch

Yeah, I also saw Oden a few weeks in the club on back to back nights. Goa and Les Deux. Two things I noticed. First he looks like a dark ++% Abraham Lincolnand also he's not 7 feet. Danny Granger was standing next to him and they were almost the same height. I'm 6'3 and I didn't really feel like Iwas standing next to a giant.

A person close to LeBron James said Tuesday that the Cavaliers' superstar would strongly consider playing overseas if he was offered a salary of "around $50 million a year." James' current contract expires after the 2009-10 season, and while several NBA teams are working to create salary cap space for his impending free agency, none could offer a contract beginning at even $20 million a year. ESPN.com

The Russian team CSKA Moscow and the Greek team Olympiacos, which recently gave Josh Childress a contract approaching $30 million over three years, have already contacted James, according to the person close to him. The person added, however, that no monetary or contractual discussions have taken place. ESPN.com

While $50 million a year seems outlandish, it is within the realm of possibility, considering the reportedly $250 million contract David Beckham received two years ago to join Major League Soccer, the $33 million Michael Jordan was paid by the Chicago Bulls for the 1997-98 season, the strength of the euro in comparison to the dollar, and the fact that European clubs are not bound by a salary cap. ESPN.com

Joel Litvin, the NBA's president of league and basketball operations, said the league is not concerned about this developing trend. "I don't want to say it's much ado about nothing, but we think it's overblown a bit," Litvin said. "It's not something we're losing sleep over." ESPN.com

The source close to James said LeBron would play in Europe only for a year or two before returning to the NBA. He said James would view it as an opportunity to popularize the game and himself overseas. He added that James would not consider himself to be playing in the "minor leagues." ESPN.com

The Rockets expect to trim their roster and their bloated collection of forwards today by dealing Steve Novak to the Los Angeles Clippers, an individual with knowledge of the deal said Tuesday. The Rockets will receive future draft considerations from Los Angeles. This will likely include the right to switch places with the Clippers in a second round. Houston Chronicle

Indiana Pacers co-owner Herb Simon is on the same page as his team president, general manager and coach when it comes to embattled Jamaal Tinsley: The point guard's time with the franchise is over. Simon, who owns the team with his older brother Mel, is so sure the Pacers will trade Tinsley, he discounted other scenarios. Indianapolis Star

Simon said Tuesday he has no plans to buy out the remaining three years of Tinsley's contract. Simon also brushed off any possibility Tinsley will sit home collecting a paycheck if the franchise can't trade him. "Tinsley, he's probably outlived his welcome here," Simon said. "He's a very talented player. Teams will give us a hard time because they know it's better for him and for us to have him play somewhere else. We're confident that we'll find a good place." Indianapolis Star

Watching the "Road to Redemption" specials (presented by Nike) on ESPN have definitely blurred the line for me as to whether Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Co. are representing the U.S. or representing the swoosh. There seems to have been a camera present at every practice, every team meeting, every photo shoot and every moment of down time. The ads are all about Hyperdunks and Nikes, my favorite being an Olympic montage set to a Killers song. Salt Lake Tribune

Dwight Howard is the only player who wears Adidas on the U.S. team. There's a team photo in which Mike Krzyzewski's foot just happens to be obscuring Howard's shoe and Howard's hand just happens to be covering the swoosh on his shorts. Are Kobe and LeBron sitting down for their first interview together for any reason other than Nike? I also question whether having a team gather for training camp in Las Vegas and then travel to Macau really exemplifies the Olympic spirit. Salt Lake Tribune

There's no way we're going back to the days of the U.S. sending college players, but I would like to see two changes for future Olympics. The first would be borrowing from Olympic soccer and turning the basketball tournament into an under 23 event with professionals from every country. For this year's Olympics, every player would have had to been born no earlier than 1985. Salt Lake Tribune

I also would like to see the U.S. players take the court with no logos on their jerseys or shoes. If you want to represent the country, you can play in a pair of plain white or black shoes and do away with all questions about Nike corrupting the program. Salt Lake Tribune

Soon, the Pistons will sign small forward Walter Herrmann to a one-year, $2 million contract. The Pistons will have 13 players under contract, not including free agent Lindsey Hunter , who has yet to decide whether he wants to play another season. Detroit News

Expectations are low for the newest Piston, Kwame Brown. The hype that surrounded him when the Washington Wizards made him the No. 1 pick in the 2001 NBA draft is long gone. Detroit Free Press

"I think I'm in the best situation ever," Brown, 26, said Tuesday during a teleconference with reporters. "I came in as the No. 1 draft pick and now there are no expectations. "I'm just happy I can come out and just play hard and play smart." Detroit Free Press

Kwame Brown had frequent clashes with Michael Jordan, who made a two-year comeback as a player, and Wizards coaches Doug Collins and Eddie Jordan because of what management considered a poor work ethic, a lack of toughness and general inconsistency. He struggled off the court, too. In April 2002, Brown was charged with speeding after being clocked driving 120 m.p.h. in a 60-m.p.h. construction zone. A year later, he was charged with misdemeanor driving under the influence. Detroit Free Press

Brown was attracted to the idea of playing for Pistons president Joe Dumars -- "I definitely hope he'll see in me what a lot of people don't see," Brown said -- as well as new coach Michael Curry. He also liked the Pistons' history of developing productive players who did not pan out with other teams. Detroit Free Press

So it wasn't surprising when the Pistons announced Tuesday they had exercised their team options for Rodney Stuckey and fellow guard Arron Afflalo, extending their contracts through the 2009-10 season. The transaction is another example of the team's youth movement. Detroit Free Press

All the Pistons are asking Brown to do is defend and rebound, and those are the two things Brown, a 6-foot-11, 250-pounder, has proven he can do in seven years. "I am in the best situation I've ever been in," Brown said Tuesday, speaking via teleconference to the media for the first time. "For the first time, I am in a situation where no one expects nothing. I went from being the No. 1 overall pick having all kinds of expectations put on me to now where I am on the different end of it. Whatever I give you here will be a plus." Detroit News

The Pistons are paying Brown $4 million a year for two years, so obviously, they have some expectations. But let's put this signing in perspective. President Joe Dumars made a lot of noise about making drastic roster alterations after the Pistons faltered in the conference finals. But the summer wore on, and no major moves were made. When news broke the Pistons reached a deal with Brown, people mistakenly took that to be the one major move Dumars was banking on. Detroit News

With the free agent point guard list dwindling, the Heat spoke to agents for Shaun Livingston and Jannero Pargo (but did not make offers) while maintaining contact with Jason Williams, who remains a fallback option at best. Agent Mark Bartelstein said it's uncertain if restricted free agent Chris Quinn will return. The Heat, which has several trade options (including Oklahoma City's Luke Ridnour), would at least be expected to explore signing Stephon Marbury if the Knicks eventually cut him. Miami Herald

And yes, I know that Greg Oden got everyone buzzing on Monday with his workout at the Blazers practice facility in Tualatin. Earlier today, when the garbage man was delivering my new trash bin, he shouted "how did Oden look?" I was amazed he recognized me from 30 yards away, given I had two days worth of stubble growth and a baseball cap on. About an hour later, while in line to get a hot dog at Costco (best deal in America, by the way), another guy approached and wanted info on the Oden workout. I know that we're all hungry, and for more than hot dogs. MikeBarrettsBlog

Wednesday morning the NBA schedule will be released. I've seen it, and was even pouring over it with Kevin Pritchard (Trail Blazers) last week. One word describes the first six weeks of the season- brutal. I don't mean kind of difficult, I mean brutal. You'll understand what I mean when you see it, and I'm sure you'll agree. If this team comes through the first 24 games with a record anywhere near .500 it will be remarkable. You think I'm overstating that. Again, you'll see. MikeBarrettsBlog

The NBA will announce its league-wide 2008-09 schedule today at 11 a.m., according to multiple league sources, and Oklahoma City will play the New Orleans Hornets in a home-and-away on back-to-back nights this season, The Oklahoman has learned. It's unclear which team Oklahoma City will play in its home and season opener, which will be Oct. 29. But Oklahoma City appears destined to open the season against an Eastern Conference team. Indiana and Milwaukee are the two most likely possibilities. Oklahoman

The Dallas Mavericks and the Sacramento Kings are the only Western Conference teams that won't make two trips to Oklahoma City. Every Eastern Conference team will come to town once. Oklahoman

According to a number of sources within the NBA, the Nuggets will begin the 2008-09 season with two Western Conference road games, including the opener against the defending Northwest Division champion Utah Jazz. Anthony will not play against the Jazz or in the Nuggets' second game of the season as he serves a suspension for his April arrest on a drinking-and-driving charge. Rocky Mountain News

Unrestricted free agent Earl Boykins signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal Tuesday to play with Virtus Bologna of the Italian league. Boykins, 32 and a point guard, will be the highest-paid player in Italy for the 2008-09 season. He also will participate in the sponsorship and marketing income of the team. Detroit News

The Miami Heat has decided to give journeyman forward Bobby Jones a second chance. It could be a short one, though. Released by the Heat in late March after playing with the team on a 10-day contract, Jones was claimed off waivers Tuesday from the New York Knicks. The move completes a whirlwind for Jones, who was traded along with former University of Florida point guard Taurean Green from Denver to New York on July 28 in exchange for Knicks swingman Renaldo Balkman. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Bobby Jones' 2008-09 salary, however, does not become guaranteed until Aug. 15. That means the Heat could use his salary in the interim in a trade or simply waive him by that deadline without incurring a financial hit toward its salary cap or luxury tax. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Don't assume Marquis Daniels won't be in the mix for minutes at the swingman because the Pacers acquired Brandon Rush. Daniels, a 25 percent 3-point shooter in his career, has been working on his jump shot with former NBA player Mark Price, a 47 percent shooter in his career, in Atlanta. Indianapolis Star

Danny Granger and Mike Dunleavy are expected to start at shooting guard and small forward with the first swingman position off the bench wide open. Indianapolis Star

New point guard T.J. Ford may be the frontrunner to be the team's new locker room leader. Word is Ford has been working out at Conseco Fieldhouse and he reached out to his teammates to encourage them to also work out downtown. Indianapolis Star

Former Knicks guard Allan Houston said today he is planning a comeback to the NBA. Houston, one of the best outside shooters in Knicks history (1996-2005), was on hand as a guest speaker/coach at the 17th annual Gatorade Knicks Summer Basketball Camp held at Hunter College. After talking to 150 campers, ages 8-18, and teaching them about defensive positioning* and the importance of character on and off the court, Houston shared his thoughts on a return to the NBA. "I am going to try and come back this year," Houston said, adding that his agent has been in contact with a couple teams in the league. NY Newsday

Not come opening night. That is too easy. I ask because Warriors fans I know have been making strong cases about who will wind up being the Warriors five best players. Opening Night: PG Monta Ellis, SG Corey Maggette, SF Stephen Jackson, PF Al Harrington, C Andris Biedrins. Will this lineup last? Here is a popular lineup I keep hearing: PG Marcus Williams, SG Monta Ellis, SF Stephen Jackson, PF Corey Maggette, C Andris Biedrins. Contra Costa Times

Monta and Andris are locks at starter because of the money. They would both have to play pretty poorly in order for Nellie to be willing to take all the questions about why either aren't starting. That leaves three spots left. Actually, two spots left. Stephen Jackson MUST start. You almost have to say one spot is left. Can they pay Corey $50 million for him to come off the bench? Contra Costa Times

It appears the Hornets might be ready to live with Mike James as the backup point guard this season, allowing Jannero Pargo to sign with another NBA team, possibly the San Antonio Spurs. Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said the Hornets "don't seem interested in signing (Pargo) at this point. I don't think he'll be back with them." New Orleans Times-Picayune

Mike James, obtained along with Bonzi Wells from the Houston Rockets in a trading-deadline deal last season, is set to earn $6.049 million this season. Wells' contract expired, and the Hornets have not re-signed him. James also has a player option with the Hornets in 2009-10 for $6.466 million. New Orleans Times-Picayune
[h2]Source:LeBron Might Go To Europe For $50M Per Year[/h2]
James_LeBron_cle_080518a.jpg

Aug 05, 2008 7:41 PM EST

cle_40.gif
A person closeto LeBron James said Tuesday that he would strongly consider playing overseas if he was offered a salary of "around $50 million a year."

The Russian team CSKA Moscow and the Greek team Olympiacos, which recently gave Josh Childress a contract approaching $30 million overthree years, have already contacted James, according to the person close to him. The person added, however, that no monetary or contractual discussions havetaken place.

Via ESPN

Cleveland Cavaliers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Rockets Trade Novak ToClippers[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 2:12 AM EST

lac_40.gif
The HoustonRockets are set to deal sharp shooter Steve Novak to the Los Angeles Clippers for draft considerations, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The deal is expected to be completed on Wednesday.

Via Houston Chronicle

Los Angeles Clippers,Houston Rockets

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Allan Houston On TheComeback Trail Again[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 10:53 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Allan Houstonis yet again talking about returning to the NBA.

"I am going to try and come back this year," Houston said, adding that his agent has been in contact with a couple teams inthe league.

Knee injuries forced him to leave the Knicks in 2005.

"I never thought of it as retirement," Houston said. "I thought of it as, 'I need a break'."

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Heat To ExploreSigning Marbury If He's Cut[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 10:51 AM EST

mia_40.gif
If the Knickseventually cut Stephon Marbury, the Miami Heat would at least be expected to explore signing him.

Via Miami Herald

Miami Heat, New York Knicks

[h2]Simon Concurs, Tinsley WillGo[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 9:50 AM EST

ind_40.gif
Pacers'owner Herb Simon is on the same page as team President Larry Bird and general Manager David Morway regarding point guard Jamaal Tinsley, according to TheIndianapolis Star.

"Tinsley, he's probably outlived his welcome here," Simon said Tuesday. "He's a very talented player. Teamswill give us a hard time because they know it's better for him and for us to have him play somewhere else. We're confident that we'll find a goodplace."

Bird said in a radio interview last month he doesn't believe in buying out contracts, and David Morway revealed the same line ofthinking to RealGM on Tuesday morning.

Via The Indianapolis Star

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Nowitzki Will Carry GermanFlag[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 9:44 AM EST

dal_40.gif
Mavericks'forward Dirk Nowitzki will carry the German flag at the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics on Friday, according to the International HeraldTribune.

Nowitzki is the leader of Germany's basketball team, which missed out on the last two summer Olympics.

"It has for years been a dream for Dirk Nowitzki to be at the Olympics," senior German Olympic official Michael Vespersaid.

Via International Herald Tribune

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Source: Nuggets To OpenAgainst Jazz[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 9:41 AM EST

den_40.gif
The Nuggetswill reportedly open the 2008-09 season against the defending Northwest Division champion Jazz, according to The Rocky Mountain News.

Carmelo Anthony will not take part in the season opener as he begins serving a two-game suspension for his April arrest on a drunkendriving charge.

Via The Rocky Mountain News

Denver Nuggets,Utah Jazz

[h2]NBA To Announce ScheduleToday[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 3:55 AM EST

nba_40.gif
The NBA willrelease the upcoming NBA schedule today, according to a report by The Oklahoman.

Oklahoma City, still without a nickname, is destined to open at home against an Eastern Conference team, with Indiana or Milwaukee themost probable opponent.

Kobe Bryant and the Western Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers are scheduled to come to visit Oklahoma City on Feb. 24. The Lakerswill return in March.

The Minnesota Timberwolves, a Northwest Division opponent, will be the second team to visit Oklahoma City on Nov. 2. The Atlanta Hawksare scheduled on Nov. 9.

Via The Oklahoman

GeneralBasketball, Oklahoma City

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Boykins Signs $3.5Million Deal In Europe[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 9:59 PM EST

euro_40.gif
Point guardEarl Boykins is the latest NBA player to make the jump to Europe, signing a $3.5 million contract for 2008-09 with Virtus Bologna, making him the highest paidplayer in Italy, Marc Stein from ESPN.com is reporting.

According to Boykin's agents, the deal includes income from Bologna's sponsorship and marketing arms, which is not an optionfor NBA players because of salary-cap restrictions.

Via ESPN

Euroleague Basketball, Charlotte Bobcats

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Miami Claims Bobby JonesOff Waivers[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 6:09 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heatannounced today that they have claimed forward Bobby Jones off waivers. Jones, a 6'7", 215-pound forward, appeared in 47 NBA games (two starts) lastseason with five different teams, including Miami. He averaged 3.8 points, 2.0 rebounds and 11.3 minutes per game while shooting 42.9 percent from the field.He played in 25 games for the Denver Nuggets, nine for the Memphis Grizzlies, six for the HEAT, four for the Houston Rockets and three for the San AntonioSpurs.

Via Press Release

Miami Heat

[h2]Kwame: I'm An UnderratedDefender[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 4:24 PM EST

det_40.gif
Newly signedPistons' center Kwame Brown believes that he is one of the most under-rated defenders in the NBA today, according to MLive.com.

"I think I'm one of the most under-rated defenders in the league," he said while speaking to the press as a member ofthe Pistons for the first time on Tuesday.

"I've been through it all," he said about being traded numerous times during his short career. "This is the life ofa professional athlete."

Via MLive.com

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Colangelo: Pop Would Have Been Great Choice For Team USA[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 11:45 AM EST

san_40.gif
Before settlingon Mike Krzyzewski, Jerry Colangelo was considering Gregg Popovich for the head coaching position of Team USA.

"I had to come to the realization that he was the guy," Colangelo said. "Popovich would have been a terrific choice,but I eventually came to the conclusion that Mike was the guy I wanted to do this job."

"You couldn't go wrong either way, but I'm glad I made the decision I did. Everything that's happened over the lastthree years endorses that."

Via Denver Post

San Antonio Spurs

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Hornets Unlikely To Re-SignPargo[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 4:20 PM EST

noh_40.gif
The Hornetsappear unlikely to re-sign free agent point guard Jannero Pargo at this point in the offseason, according to The Times-Picayune.

Mark Bartelstein, Pargo's agent, said Monday that the Hornets, "Don't seem interested in signing (Pargo) at this point. Idon't think he'll be back with them at this point."

New Orleans GM Jeff Bower declined to comment on the negotiations on Tuesday.

The Spurs appear to have emerged as the front-runner to land Pargo.

Via The Times-Picayune

New Orleans Hornets,San Antonio Spurs

[h2]Curry: Stuckey CouldEliminate Need For Move[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 4:16 PM EST

det_40.gif
Pistons'Coach Michael Curry believes that the emergence of guard Rodney Stuckey could eliminate the need for the team to make a major move, according to The DetroitFree Press.

"You know, we see Rodney as a starter -- he's a sixth starter," Curry said Monday.

Curry is reportedly counting on the continued improvement of Stuckey, Arron Afflalo, Jason Maxiell, and Amir Johnson.

"We have a young group, and if we continue to develop them and add their playing time to our starters, I see us having a chanceto be really good right now and on down the road, even if we keep the nucleus the way it is right now," Curry added.

Via The Detroit Free Press

Detroit Pistons

[h2]DetroitExercises Options On Stuckey And Afflalo[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 2:22 PM EST

det_40.gif
DetroitPistons' President of Basketball Operations Joe Dumars announced today that the team exercised its team option on the contracts of guards Rodney Stuckeyand Arron Afflalo. Both contracts are now extended through the 2009-10 NBA season.

"We are pleased to have both Rodney Stuckey and Arron Afflalo signed through the 2009-10 season," said Dumars. "Bothplayers will continue to grow and mature within our system and we look forward to the contributions they will bring this season and beyond."

Via NBA.com

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Pacers Won't BuyoutTinsley[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 10:46 AM EST

ind_40.gif
IndianaPacers' General Manager David Morway said in a phone conversation with Andrew Perna of RealGM on Tuesday morning that the team will not buyout the contractof point guard Jamaal Tinsley.

"We won't buy Jamaal out. That's not even a consideration; we're not even looking at that," Morway said of therumors.

He didn't reveal any possible destinations for Tinsley, but talks involving the Iowa State product are on-going.

"Right now we are in conversations with a few teams, and we'll see where that takes us," he added. "But our intentis to trade Jamaal and try to find the right situation for both him and the franchise."

Morway also said that the Pacers have discussed options with Tinsley in an effort to ensure he's okay with possiblescenarios.

"We have had conversations with Jamaal's representation, and we will continue to do that," Morway continued.

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

Indiana Pacers

[h2]Oden's Rehab Is OfficiallyOver[/h2]
Aug 05, 2008 10:34 AM EST

por_40.gif
Therehabilitation of Greg Oden's right knee is officially over, according to The Oregonian.

On Monday, the number one overall pick in the 2007 draft practiced for the first time in full-contacts drills. He battled teammateChanning Frye for 45 minutes at the team's practice facility.

The center revealed, though, that he's definitely out of game shape.

"It just lets you know that I'm not ready to play 82 games right exactly now," Oden said. "But if I keep working,I'm eventually going to get there."

Via The Oregonian

Portland Trail Blazers

$50 mill for 1 or 2 years than back in the NBA looks like it can be a strong possibility now. Its not long term at all, but he gets his name out there evenmore than now globally, cashes in, & can return back in the NBA for his ring.

I wanna know what team won't have a .500 record after 24 games
laugh.gif

Tinsley about to get bought out word to steven franchise

Originally Posted by tmukg21

I wanna know what team won't have a .500 record after 24 games
laugh.gif

Tinsley about to get bought out word to steven franchise

I believe he was talking about Portland.

Back
Top Bottom