Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

news_top.jpg

[table][tr][td]
hibbert_300_advertorial.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Ignite the Passion. Restore the Pride

Catching Hibbert

Georgetown is known for its big guys like Ewing, Mutombo, and Mourning. Is that why you played there?
Yeah, I wanted to learn from those guys since they have done so many things and were successful after they left Georgetown. Those guys taught me some goodthings on and off the court.

Did they come back during the summers and help your game?
They came back a lot. I played with Alonzo the most. Dikembe came by, and I have to say, he blocked my shot once and was like, "Get that out of myhouse!" I wear his number so he always gives me a little something for that. Patrick Ewing Sr. was around too. I look up to those guys.

At what point did you think you could play pro ball?
I was 6'9'' in the eighth grade, so….

Do you have a special basketball memory from then?
Yeah. On my tenth birthday I got my first dunk. And they called a technical. In CYO they never have kids dunking. But I was really happy. Then I couldn'tdo it for another month or two after that.

What is one of your fondest childhood memories?
My dad and I used to go fishing on the Potomac. We would go for long periods of time and never catch anything. But it was fun spending time with him on Sundaymornings.

Talk about your home life.
I'm an only child so we're a close family. My dad works extremely hard as well as my mother. Obviously they were a very big part of my development as astudent and as an athlete. My mom works at the Boys and Girls Club and that's where I started playing basketball, bouncing the ball up and down the court.I grew up in there.

Are you still involved with the Boys and Girls Club?
I used to work as a counselor in the summers and I still go back and talk to the kids and sign autographs whenever I can. I want to be a person involved withthe community.

You decided to stay your senior year at Georgetown. Why?
Senior year is one thing you can never get back. I love the fact that I graduated and walked across the stage with my classmates and teammates.

If you weren't in the NBA, you'd be…?
Doing something in government. That was my major. Maybe you will see me as the first 7'2" presidential candidate someday!

How do you balance your personal and professional life?
Discipline. I try to make sure I separate time for basketball, family and church. They all helped me to get to where I am today.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I play Dance Dance Revolution. I like going to the movies, and I try to go to as many of my high school basketball and football games as I can because supportand loyalty is key. I also love restaurants with interactive games.

Like what?
Skee ball. Sometimes I roll them up there and other times I just reach my hand out and drop it in. But don't tell anybody that.

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Allan Houston On The Comeback Trail Again[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 10:53 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Allan Houston is yet again talking about returning to the NBA.

"I am going to try and come back this year," Houston said, adding that his agent has been in contact with a couple teams in the league.

Knee injuries forced him to leave the Knicks in 2005.

"I never thought of it as retirement," Houston said. "I thought of it as, 'I need a break'."

Via Newsday

New York Knicks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

if bron went over seas i would be upset... i dont care if all the bums aka josh childress flood the gates... but dont let one of the reasons i watch the NBAleave to go play for those losers overseas

There's no way we're going back to the days of the U.S. sending college players, but I would like to see two changes for future Olympics. The first would be borrowing from Olympic soccer and turning the basketball tournament into an under 23 event with professionals from every country. For this year's Olympics, every player would have had to been born no earlier than 1985. Salt Lake Tribune

I also would like to see the U.S. players take the court with no logos on their jerseys or shoes. If you want to represent the country, you can play in a pair of plain white or black shoes and do away with all questions about Nike corrupting the program. Salt Lake Tribune
I kind of like the under 23 idea. But if that system were in effect today, teams like China (no Yao) and Germany (no Dirk) would be at a majordisadvantage. The US team would still have the likes of CP3, Dwight, Durant, Horford, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Rudy Gay, Monta, etc. Not to mention newcomers likeRose, Mayo, Oden, Beasley... You can't tell me those names right there wouldn't be able to bring him the gold.

The other idea about no logos on shirts or shoes is a also good one. But I still don't see how it would stop Nike from pulling strings to get"their" guys on the team. Even if they aren't showing the Nike logo, it's all about exposure and marketing the brand. So in theory, the nologo idea is a good one. But in reality, it's flawed.

It would be ironic if LeBron went over because of greed, and got seriously injured, crippling his career..

LeBron aint doin that... But if he did, he might as well stay there, cause he will be nothing but a $*@%* , sellin out for the all mighty $$

laugh.gif
@ An Allan Houston comeback, i think dudes time is up in the NBA,thats as funny as Reggie Miller sayin' he was gonna come back,it just wont happen

The Charlotte Bobcats signed guard Shannon Brown to a one-year deal Wednesday for the NBA minimum of about US$800,000. The six-foot-four Brown played in 21 games for Cleveland and Chicago last season and had two stints in the NBA Development League. AP/Toronto Sun

The Los Angeles Clippers acquired Steve Novak, a forward who can shoot from the perimeter, in a deal with the Houston Rockets on Wednesday. In return, the Rockets will have the option to exchange second-round picks with the Clippers in the 2011 NBA draft. AP/Toronto Sun

The NBA's Web site all but confirmed Thunder would be the nickname of Oklahoma City's NBA team on Wednesday morning - but by Wednesday afternoon, the evidence was gone. When the league released its schedule on Wednesday, the NBA Web site linked to a page that listed the "Oklahoma City Thunder schedule" and clicking on any of Oklahoma City's 82 games took you to the URL - www.nba.com/thunder. Oklahoman

It's the summer of 2010 and LeBron James is trying to decide whether to stay in Cleveland, leave for New York - or accept a deal for $50 million a year to play in Italy. Far-fetched? Impossible? Perhaps, but the steady stream this summer of American players heading to Europe, where the euro dwarfs the dollar, the salary cap doesn't apply and the game is rapidly improving, has changed the dynamic of player movement in the NBA. "The European market has been growing year by year and it's certainly been a hope of ours that it would become a viable alternative for players," agent Mark Bartelstein said Wednesday. "The luxury tax in the NBA has put a crimp on what teams can spend, so players are looking for alternatives." AP/Seattle Times

Josh Childress started the trend last month, when the restricted free agent grew tired of Atlanta's bargaining and signed a three-year deal with Greek club Olympiakos worth about $20 million after taxes. Because the NBA's collective bargaining agreement only applies to the league's teams, the Hawks couldn't match the offer. Atlanta lost its sixth man from last season and got nothing in return. AP/Seattle Times

Since then Earl Boykins, Carlos Arroyo, Nenad Krstic, Carlos Delfino and Jorge Garbajosa have left the NBA for European teams. The 5-foot-5 Boykins, who played for the NBA minimum last season in Charlotte, signed a one-year, $3.5 million deal with Virtus Bologna of the Italian league Tuesday. AP/Seattle Times

Allan Houston plans to make another attempt at a comeback this fall and it is possible he could get a second try with the Knicks. The 37-year-old Houston told Newsday Tuesday that his agent, Bill Strickland, has been in touch with a few teams and is in preliminary discussions about a training camp tryout. Talks aren't expected to heat up until after Labor Day. NY Newsday

Strickland has yet to talk with the Knicks, but a person with knowledge of the Knicks' plans said president Donnie Walsh "would like to talk" to Houston about his comeback attempt. Houston tried to make a comeback last fall when he showed up midway through Knicks training camp, but barely lasted a week. Houston only saw six minutes of garbage time against the Boston Celtics in a preseason game and shortly after that put an end to his comeback. Former president and coach Isiah Thomas did not show a great deal of interest in Houston, who admitted that he wasn't quite as prepared as he should have been. NY Newsday

Bill Self, the Kansas basketball coach who guided the Jayhawks to their first NCAA championship in 20 years, signed a 10-year, US$30-million contract Wednesday. The deal had been in the works since April, when Self's Jayhawks came from nine points down in the final minutes to beat Memphis in a thrilling title game and he subsequently turned down an offer to return to Oklahoma State, his alma mater. AP/Toronto Sun

Carlos Boozer is not making a "big" issue out of a smallish, speed-oriented United States men's Olympic basketball team and the fact that rotations and court combinations are cutting into his playing time. The Utah Jazz all-star power forward is one of three big men on the U.S. roster, joined by starter Dwight Howard and fellow reserve Chris Bosh. Deseret News

"I'm playing for my country, and I'm honored to be out there," said Boozer, who didn't even get off the bench in Tuesday's exhibition victory over Australia. "If I'm out there for five minutes, I'm happy." Deseret News

The good news is Vince Carter's ankle is fine. Back in town for his Vince Carter Youth Basketball Academy, we saw him dunk once or twice at his camp Wednesday morning. "It feels great," Carter said. "I'm finally getting the opportunity to run up and down a little bit and no soreness, nothing like that. I'm stiff from playing basketball with these kids more than I am with my ankle." Bergen Record

Carter said numerous times - and he was asked by multiple people and in different ways - whether he wanted to be a Net and he said yes every time. "Oh yeah, definitely," Carter said. "It's something I'm definitely looking forward to and something Devin is looking forward to - to get an opportunity to show what he can do, not only as a basketball player but as a leader. And of course, we have Eduardo, who is the eldestatesman of our team at the tender age of 32." Bergen Record

Jay Jensen, the Blazers athletic trainer, said the last weight he took off Greg Oden had the 7-footer at around 290 pounds. "For me, to have him around 290, that's pretty doggone good,'' Jensen said. "Would I like him to be lighter? Yeah. But we haven't allowed him to do much until recently.'' Jensen said the Blazers don't have a fixed weight they would like Oden at because he is a 20-year-old kid who is still filling out into his adult body. Since the Blazers drafted him in the summer of 2007, Oden's weight has fluctuated between 255 and 295 pounds. The low weight was when Oden had his tonsils removed. The highest point was last winter when Oden became enamored with the weight room. Oregonian

2008-09 NBA REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

The Suns have returned to the status of being one of the top two teams in the West and top four in the NBA - at least in national television appearances. The Suns can only hope their performance is as strong as their TV cache. Only the Suns, Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Los Angeles Lakers will appear the maximum 25 times on ABC, ESPN and TNT for the coming regular season. The 2008-09 schedule was released Wednesday, affirming that the Suns will open their season at San Antonio on Oct. 29 and will see the Spurs again on Christmas Day in Phoenix's first home Dec. 25 game since 1996. Phoenix also hosts the All-Star Game on Feb. 15. Arizona Republic

The Boston Celtics begin defense of their NBA title on opening night against LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers, and will face the Los Angeles Lakers in a finals rematch on Christmas Day. The Celtics will host the Cavaliers, who they beat in seven games in last season's Eastern Conference semifinals, on Oct. 28. The Lakers are also in action that night, hosting the Portland Trail Blazers in what should be Greg Oden's NBA debut. The No. 1 pick in the 2007 draft sat out last season after knee surgery. AP/Seattle TimeS

Nets: The marquee games include Kidd's first return to New Jersey with Dallas since his trading deadline. Kidd comes back Dec. 19. Jefferson and the Milwaukee Bucks come to the Meadowlands on Feb. 3 and again March 30. LeBron James and Cleveland invade Nov. 18 and again March 22. NY Post

And Knicks fans won't have to wait long to welcome back former coach Larry Brown, who returns to the Garden as the new head coach of the Bobcats on Nov. 5, while D'Antoni heads back to Phoenix to face his old team on Dec. 15. The Knicks also host the Bulls in their traditional afternoon game on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. NY Post

The Lakers' schedule is front-loaded with home games, with the team hitting the road for 24 of their final 41 games. They have a six-game trip in late January into early February and a seven-game trip in late March into early April. Highlights of the Clippers' schedule include a Nov. 15 home game against Golden State, Baron Davis' first game against his former team. LA Daily News

The Warriors begin their post-Baron Davis era Oct. 29 at Oracle Arena when they host Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets. Then they play 21 of the remaining 33 games during this calendar year on the road, including five games in seven days in late November that will take the Warriors to Philadelphia, Washington, Boston, Cleveland and New York. Golden State will have its second and final five-game road trip in mid-December before returning home to host the world champion Boston Celtics. Paul Pierce and company make their only stop in Oakland on Dec. 26. San Francisco Chronicle

To commemorate 28 seasons that included an NBA championship, the Sixers will bid a fond farewell to the Wachovia Spectrum with one last game. Yesterday, the team released its schedule for the upcoming 2008-09 campaign with plans to face the Chicago Bulls in the hallowed arena on March 13. "In this, the last year of the Spectrum, we're thrilled to bring the Sixers back home to play one more time in the Spectrum," said Comcast-Spectacor chairman Ed Snider. "This night is designed for our fans to relive the great Sixers memories there and for those fans who were never able to see them play at the Spectrum." Philadelphia Daily News

Pistons: Other highlights of the home schedule include another meeting against the Celtics (Jan. 30), two clashes with LeBron James and the Cavaliers (Nov. 19 and Feb. 1), and a date with Kobe Bryant and the Lakers (March 26). Pistons fans also can catch a glimpse of budding superstar Chris Paul when the New Orleans Hornets visit Jan. 17. Detroit Free Press

Kings: Not only were they slated to start a season on the road for the fifth consecutive season, but the depths of their national irrelevance reached a new low as none of their games will be among the 125 aired on ABC, ESPN and TNT. While they will be one of five teams without a national network or cable broadcast on those three networks, NBATV has yet to announce its schedule of 96 games in what is the Kings' last hope for coast-to-coast coverage. Sacramento Bee

Twenty years after he took over for Frank Layden, Jerry Sloan will mark his anniversary as Jazz coach not with a celebration at EnergySolutions Arena, but with a road game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. The location of the Dec. 9 anniversary game for the longest-tenured coach in American pro sports was the biggest surprise Wednesday as the NBA released its schedule for the 2008-09 season. Salt Lake Tribune

NBA spokesman Mark Broussard didn't know whether the Jazz had requested to play at home that date. "It really wasn't anything that was on our radar screen as an anniversary date or anything," Broussard said. The Jazz will open Oct. 29 at home against Denver, which will play without Carmelo Anthony, who was suspended for the season's first two games in connection with a drunken-driving incident in April. Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said he would wait to talk to Sloan before deciding whether to ask the Timberwolves to acknowledge the milestone. Salt Lake Tribune

Minnesota spokesman Mike Cristaldi said the team would look into doing something for Sloan. The Timberwolves did honor Kevin Garnett when he returned last season with Boston, Cristaldi said. Even more than the anniversary game, the Jazz's first preference would be for Sloan to win his 1,000th game as Jazz coach at home. No coach in NBA history has won 1,000 games with one team; Sloan will enter the season with 995 victories. Salt Lake Tribune

Carmelo Anthony will miss the first two games but won't miss a game at the Pepsi Center. The Nuggets' schedule was announced Wednesday, and the team opens the regular season Oct. 29 at Utah. After another road game at the Clippers on Oct. 31, Denver and Anthony, who was suspended by the NBA for two games after his DUI arrest in April, will play their first home game Nov. 1 against the Western Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers. Denver Post

The retooled Indiana Pacers won't have a chance to ease into the 2008-09 season. Their first four opponents made the playoffs last season. The Pacers, trying to return to the playoffs after a two-year absence, open Oct. 29 at Detroit before playing defending champion Boston in their home opener Nov. 1. Boston beat Detroit in the Eastern Conference finals last year. Next is a home game against Phoenix, followed by a visit to Cleveland to face LeBron James and the Cavaliers. Indianapolis Star

Oklahoma City will be one of only four NBA teams without any Saturday home games. The defending NBA champion Boston Celtics, the runner-up Los Angeles Lakers and the Toronto Raptors are the only other NBA teams without any Saturday home games. "I don't like it at all," Hill said. "It's hard to make it down to Oklahoma City to go to a game during the week." The NBA compiled Oklahoma City's schedule from a list of available Ford Center dates submitted to the league by arena management as agreed to by the team. Teams play 41 regular-season home games, but out of the 75 possible home dates submitted to the NBA, only one was a Saturday, according to schedule maker Matt Winick, NBA vice president of operations. Oklahoman

The Bulls won't have to wait long to see former coach Scott Skiles as they open the 2008-09 season on Oct. 28 against Skiles' new team, the Milwaukee Bucks. The opener is one of seven home games among the first 10 on the schedule, which was released Wednesday. Chicago Sun-Times

Also on the Bucks bench will be assistant Jim Boylan, who served as interim coach of the Bulls after Skiles was fired. On the opposing side will be new Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro and assistant Del Harris, once the Bucks head coach and the father of former Bucks general manager Larry Harris. Bucks general manager John Hammond said he had a hunch about facing the Bulls in the opener. "I called up Scott, and we both had a chuckle," Hammond said. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Bucks' start on Oct. 28 is their earliest since the 1985-86 season, when they played their season opener on Oct. 25. Last year Milwaukee opened at Orlando on Oct. 31. The Suns' visit on Nov. 8 will mark the return of Milwaukee native Terry Porter, named as coach of the Western Conference team featuring Shaquille O'Neal and Steve Nash. Porter was fired after two seasons coaching the Bucks, in 2003-'04 and 2004-'05, and he led Milwaukee to one playoff appearance. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Richard Jefferson will face his former New Jersey teammates for the first time - and Yi Jianlian and Milwaukee native Devin Harris will go against the Bucks - when the Nets play at the Bradley Center on Friday, Jan. 9. The Bucks have 22 back-to-back games on the schedule, and their longest trip is four games, done twice. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Grizzlies have played their season opener at home in each of their seven seasons since moving to Memphis. They are 0-7 in those games. Perhaps a change in venue is what's needed to get off to a good start. The Grizzlies open their 2008-09 campaign Oct. 29 at Houston, according to the NBA schedule that was released Wednesday. Memphis Commercial Appeal

The NBA schedule makers didn't do the young, rebuilding Grizzlies any favors, though. Six of their first eight games are on the road, including a four-game West Coast trip to Sacramento, Golden State, Denver and Phoenix. In December, Grizzlies fans will get a chance to see their team face some of the NBA's top stars. Former University of Memphis point guard Derrick Rose, the top pick in last June's draft, will return to FedExForum with his new team, the Chicago Bulls, on Dec. 12. Two days later, the Grizzlies will see the player selected right after Rose, Miami's Michael Beasley. Memphis Commercial Appeal
[h2]Oklahoma City Thunder CluesHidden In NBA Schedule?[/h2]
Westbrook_Russell_okc_080707.jpg

Aug 07, 2008 12:53 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Will Oklahoma City be calledthe Thunder?

Clues emerged on Wednesday that this will indeed the the case, with the team's official website slipping up and then rectifying the situation later inthe day, according to a report in The Oklahoman.

When the league released its schedule on Wednesday, the NBA web site linked to a page that listed the "Oklahoma City Thunder schedule" andclicking on any of the Oklahoma City's 82 games took you to the url - www.nba.com/thunder

By Wednesday afternoon, the word Thunder was nowhere to be found on the Oklahoma City schedule page and all of the links pointed towww.nba.com/oklahomacity.

ViaThe Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

Read theFull Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Miami Speaks With Livingston AndPargo[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 6:36 PM EST

mia_40.gif
With the list of free agentpoint guards growing smaller by the day, the Heat have spoken with the agents for both Shaun Livingston and Jannero Pargo, according to The Miami Herald.

No offers were made, and the team remains in contact with Jason Williams as a fallback option.

ViaThe Miami Herald

Miami Heat

[h2]Iguodala Could Get More Than Deng?[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 11:46 AM EST

phi_40.gif
A source indicated that theSixers and agent Rob Pelinka are discussing a deal for Andre Iguodala worth more than $70 million over five years. That would mean $12 million next year, withannual raises of $1.26 million.

That deal would exceed those of fellow fourth-year pros Luol Deng (six years, $71 million) and Emeka Okafor (six years, $72 million).

ViaPhillyBurbs.com

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Magic: Mavs Window Has Closed[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 11:43 AM EST

dal_40.gif
Magic Johnson believes thewindow of opportunity for the Dallas Mavericks has already closed.

"You saw the Dallas Mavericks had that window, and that window closed on them," Magic said. "So it can close real fast."

ViaDallas Morning News

Dallas Mavericks

[h2]Charlotte Signs Shannon Brown[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 11:32 AM EST

cha_40.gif
The Charlotte Bobcats signedguard Shannon Brown to a one-year deal Wednesday for the NBA minimum of about $800,000.

The 6-foot-4 Brown played in 21 games for Cleveland and Chicago last season and had two stints in the NBA Development League.

ViaSI.com

Charlotte Bobcats, Cleveland Cavaliers, Chicago Bulls

[h2]Sixers To Play One More At TheSpectrum[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 11:27 AM EST

phi_40.gif
The 76ers say they will honortheir former home, the Wachovia Spectrum, by playing a regular-season game at the arena.

The NBA released its 2008-09 schedule yesterday, and the Sixers announced that they would play one of their games - against the Chicago Bulls on March 13 -at the Spectrum, which is earmarked for demolition.

"We're thrilled to bring the Sixers back home to play one more time in the Spectrum," said Ed Snider, the chairman of Comcast-Spectacor, whichowns the Sixers. "This night is designed for our fans to relive the great Sixers memories there and for those fans who were never able to see them play atthe Spectrum."

ViaPhiladelphia Inquirer

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]Price Welcomes Challenge FromKnight[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 10:05 AM EST

uta_40.gif
Utah reserve guard RonniePrice has welcomed the competition he'll receive from recently-acquired point guard Brevin Knight, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

"I've watched Brevin play his whole career and been a fan of Brevin Knight," Price said. "He doesn't have to be super explosive andjust be a crazy athlete, but still in all he can get the job done and he just does all the right things on the court."

Price supplanted Jason Hart as the lead backup to Deron Williams last season, and is excited to learn from a veteran like Knight.

"Whatever my role is, I have to be able to face it and be able to do the best I can," Price said. "It's just something that comes alongwith the game. As easy as it is to make it into a competition or anything like that, it's really not."

ViaThe Salt Lake Tribune

Utah Jazz

[h2]Carter: I Definitely Want To BeHere[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 1:39 AM EST

njn_40.gif
Vince Carter was not surprisedby any of the moves that the New Jersey Nets made since the 2007-08 season closed but maintained he still wants to be part of the team's future, the NewYork Daily News is reporting.

"I've never questioned what they're doing, and I definitely want to be here," Carter said. "It's the way it goes. It's thebusiness of basketball."

Carter, who averaged 21.3 points per game last season, played through 2007-08 with an ankle injury, but after off-season surgery Carter says he is nowhealthy and ready to go.

ViaNew York Daily News

New Jersey Nets

[h2]Yao Carries Olympic TorchAt Beijing's Forbidden City[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 12:56 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Rockets' center Yao Mingwas granted the honor of carrying the Olympic torch through the gates to the forbidden city and will light the torch to get the games underway, according tothe Houston Chronicle.

"It is hard for me to separate everything that is happening right now," Yao said. "To carry the flame is an honor among many that I have hadat previous Olympics and at this one. But it is the kind of experience that I will appreciate most many years from now when I am older and can lookback."

Yao said he never expected to be the one to light the Olympic cauldron at the Opening Ceremonies.

"I believe it is an honor that will probably go to one of our older Olympians or athletes," he said. "Someone who was a pioneer."

ViaHouston Chronicle

Houston Rockets

[h2]Pistons Sign Second Rounder WalterSharpe[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 6:42 PM EST

det_40.gif
Detroit President ofBasketball Operations Joe Dumars announced Wednesday that the team has signed second round draft choice Walter Sharpe.

"We are pleased to add Walter Sharpe to our roster," said Dumars. "Walter is a young athletic small forward with good size and intriguingskills. We look forward to seeing him grow and mature as a player in our system."

Sharpe was selected by the Detroit Pistons with the No. 32 pick in the second round of the 2008 NBA Draft.

ViaNBA.com.

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Hunter Has Yet To Decide On Future[/h2]
Aug 06, 2008 6:40 PM EST

det_40.gif
Pistons' guard LindsayHunter has yet to decide whether or not he will retire from the NBA, according The Detroit News.

Hunter is a free agent, and the Pistons currently have thirteen players under contract.

ViaThe Detroit News

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Miami Signs Diawara[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 5:55 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heat announced today thatthey have signed free agent guard/forward Yakhouba Diawara. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Diawara spent the previous two seasonsplaying for the Denver Nuggets. During the 2007-08 season, he played in 54 games (14 starts), averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per game,while shooting 41.0 percent from the field. In his first season in the NBA, he played in 64 games (19 starts) and averaged 4.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18.4minutes per game.

Via PressRelease

Miami Heat

Read the FullStory Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

Originally Posted by tupac003

[h2]Miami Signs Diawara[/h2]
Aug 07, 2008 5:55 PM EST

mia_40.gif
The Miami Heat announced today that they have signed free agent guard/forward Yakhouba Diawara. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Diawara spent the previous two seasons playing for the Denver Nuggets. During the 2007-08 season, he played in 54 games (14 starts), averaging 2.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 10.0 minutes per game, while shooting 41.0 percent from the field. In his first season in the NBA, he played in 64 games (19 starts) and averaged 4.4 points and 1.7 rebounds in 18.4 minutes per game.

Via Press Release

Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

why are the heat picking up so many forwards??

J-Will going to LA Clips

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3524422
The Los Angeles Clippers made arrangements Thursday to bring in yet another new player by reaching terms with free-agent point guard Jason Williams.

Jason Williams

Williams

Williams' agent, Bob Myers, told ESPN.com that the 32-year-old -- who spent the past three seasons with the Miami Heat and who started at point guard for Miami's title-winning team in 2006 -- has signed with the Clippers.

Financial terms were not immediately available, but NBA front-office sources said Williams is receiving a one-year contract.

Williams will thus become the ninth new player acquired by the Clippers in the wake of a disastrous 23-59 season, which was followed by Elton Brand's free-agent defection to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Los Angeles native Baron Davis headlines the group of newcomers, which also includes center Marcus Camby, Williams' former Miami teammate Ricky Davis, first-round draft pick Eric Gordon, veteran forward Brian Skinner and sharpshooter Steve Novak, whom L.A. landed Wednesday in a trade with the Houston Rockets.

Williams is the third point guard to join the Clippers this summer, along with Davis and Jason Hart, who was acquired from the Utah Jazz in a July 23 trade for Brevin Knight.

The addition of Williams -- who recently attracted serious interest from Israeli giants Maccabi Tel-Aviv before Maccabi signed Orlando Magic free agent Carlos Arroyo -- all but ensures that the Clippers will not re-sign point guard Shaun Livingston. L.A. renounced its free-agent rights to the injury-plagued Livingston on July 9 to help create the requisite salary-cap space to officially sign Davis to his five-year, $65 million contract but the Clippers did have the option of trying to re-sign him.

Back
Top Bottom