Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Gordon in LA? That's probably the worst fit in the NBA.
roll.gif
. He's not playing PG, he's NOT playing SF, what is he going to do? Back-up Kobe @10 million a year? yeah OKAY!
laugh.gif

NobleKane consistent with the insults.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]Dragic Headed To PhoenixAfter Buyout[/h2]
Dragic_Goran_euro_070915.jpg

Aug 17, 2008 10:42 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The PhoenixSuns will get their man after all.

After trying to sign European point guard Goran Dragic all off-season, with most believing the efforts a long shot at best because ofDragic's buyout situation, the Arizona Republic is reporting that a buyout with Tau Ceramica has been reached and that Dragic is en route to Phoenix tosign a contract to play for the Suns this season.

Once he arrives, Dragic will sign a four year contract with the Suns, with the last year being a team option.

Phoenix has been high on the point guard ever since acquiring the second rounder for $500,000 in the June NBA Draft. They see Dragicas an immediate backup for Steve Nash, and potential future replacement.

The Suns considered the idea of drafting Dragic with their 15th overall pick in June if Robin Lopez, their eventual first-round pick,was not available. They ranked Dragic second only to the top overall pick, Chicago's Derrick Rose, among all point guards in the draft.

"From Day 1, he wanted to end up with Phoenix," said Rade Filipovich, Dragic's agent. "It was very important for usto put him with the team this year.

"He's very excited. People in Phoenix are going to be very happy. He's going to be a very good player for several years.The Suns fans are getting an excellent player and should be very excited because he's playing great basketball, and he's a great youngman."

Via Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]U.S. Tops Germany By 49 ToReach 5-0[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 9:36 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Dwight Howardhad 22 points and 9 rebounds for Team USA on Monday as they embarrassed Germany in a 106-57 rout in Beijing.

LeBron James added 18 points and Kobe Bryant scored 13 for the United States, who jumped out to a 31-12 lead at the end of the firstquarter.

Dirk Nowitzki led his country with 14 points and 8 rebounds, but only one other teammate reached double-figures as Germany fell to 1-4in these Olympic Games.

Via Andrew Perna/RealGM

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]SeattleWants To Keep KeyArena In Hopes Of Luring A Team[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 9:27 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Seattle ishoping to keep KeyArena afloat in order to have an NBA-ready facility active so they can attempt to secure another team in the near future, according to TheNews-Tribune.

According to a settlement with Oklahoma City owner Clay Bennett, Seattle could receive another $30 million from Bennett's groupfor funding. However, to receive the money the Legislature would have to fund $75 million toward the KeyArena revamp by Dec. 31, 2009, and Seattle would stillhave to be without a team by 2013.

Via The News-Tribune

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Snyder Unlikely ToRe-Sign With Wolves[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 9:19 AM EST

min_40.gif
With MikeMiller in town, the Timberwolves are unlikely to re-sign free agent Kirk Snyder, according to The Star-Tribune.

Coach Randy Wittman admitted that retaining the shooting guard, who averaged 7.3 points per game in 36 contests for Minnesota lastseason, is a long shot.

Via The Star-Tribune

Minnesota Timberwolves

[h2]Kaman StillReceiving Criticism For Choosing Germany[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 9:14 AM EST

lac_40.gif
Clippers centerChris Kaman is still receiving criticism for opting to play for Germany in this summer's Olympics, according to ESPN.com.

Kaman, who's great-grandparents were German, hasn't even received approval from his own father.

"My dad is not so thrilled," Kaman said. "My mom has always supported me, she's great. My dad is kind of negativeabout it. He's like: 'You're not German, you're an American citizen.' "

However, Kaman is now a German citizen as well.

"He should be happy," Kaman said of his father, whom he has not spoken to since the Olympic tournament began. "It'shis grandparents, so he should be happy about it, but sometimes he focuses on the negative a little bit. I tell him, 'C'mon, it's just basketball.That's the way I look at it.' But my dad was a little negative. I had to get in his face a little bit."

Via ESPN

Los Angeles Clippers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Nocioni Hungry For AnotherGold Medal[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 9:07 AM EST

chi_40.gif
Bulls forwardAndres Nocioni is hungry for another gold medal after taking home the top prize at the Olympics in Athens in 2004, according to The Chicago Tribune.

"I love to play for the Chicago Bulls because I'm the kind of guy that when I play somewhere for more than two years, itbecomes my team to me emotionally," Nocioni said. "But with the national team, you are representing your home country. So I feel it in my heart, Ifeel it in my chest, I feel it in my national colors."

He wore his gold medal to his introductory press conference with the team back in October of 2004.

"The feeling is really nice. Everybody in the country is watching you on TV and calling you or sending you e-mails," Nocionisaid. "Everybody is thinking about the game. Unless you're from my country, you can't understand how important it is."

Argentina is 3-1 in pool play in Beijing thus far, with a game coming against Russia on Monday.

Via The Chicago Tribune

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Iguodala Inks Six YearDeal[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 10:45 PM EST

phi_40.gif
ThePhiladelphia 76ers officially re-signed Andre Iguodala to a six year contract believed to be worth $80 million on Sunday, according to the Associated Press.The team will make an official announcement Monday.

Iguodala averaged 19.9 points, 5.4 rebounds, 4.8 assists, and 2.1 steals in 82 games last season.

Via ESPN

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Redd: I Can't BelieveI'm Still Here[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 6:14 PM EST

mil_40.gif
Michael Reddcan't believe he's still a member of the Bucks after all their offseason moves, according to The Boston Globe.

"Out of everybody, I'm still here," said Redd recently. "We have a whole new roster, a whole new group of guys. Iwas shocked that I remained."

Redd averaged 22.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game for the Bucks last season.

"I thought with the rebuilding of the team and the changing of coaches and the organization moving in different ways, I thought Imight be gone, too," Redd added. "Hey, I'm here."

Via The Boston Globe

Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Kobe: We Shouldn'tHave Traded Marc Gasol[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 6:06 PM EST

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryantdoesn't think the Lakers should have given up Marc Gasol in the trade that brought his brother Pau to Los Angeles, according to The Memphis CommercialAppeal.

"In hindsight, we probably didn't have to give him up to get Pau," Bryant said. "We should have kept Marc,too."

Team USA got a good look at the younger Gasol in their win over Spain on Saturday in Beijing.

"Me and Kobe were talking about it," said Jason Kidd. "He's a guy who knows how to play the game. Anyone would loveto have him on their team."

Via The Memphis Commercial Appeal

Los Angeles Lakers,Memphis Grizzlies

[h2]Suns Believe Amundson IsPerfect Fit[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 6:00 PM EST

phx_40.gif
The Sunsbelieve that recently-signed forward Louis Amundson is a perfect fit for their system, according to The Las Vegas Sun.

Amundson played sparingly for Utah and Philadelphia the past two seasons. He will make $711,517 in Phoenix, and the Suns have anoption to bring him back in 2009-10.

"I take pride in my defense," Amundson said. "I like to get in there and change the game with myathleticism."

Via The Las Vegas Sun

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Cleveland CouldHave Gotten Gadzuric From Bucks[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 11:08 AM EST

cle_40.gif
A source claimsthat the Cavaliers could have gotten forward/center Dan Gadzuric from the Bucks in the Mo Williams trade but declined, according to The MorningJournal.

Gadzuric averaged 3.2 points and 2.8 rebounds for the Bucks in 51 games last season.

Via The Morning Journal

Cleveland Cavaliers,Milwaukee Bucks

[h2]Cavs Talking To KnicksAbout Big Man[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 11:01 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Ever since theCavaliers landed point guard Maurice Williams, there have been rumors that they are talking to the Knicks about a big man, according to The MorningJournal.

New York has a number of big men on the roster, including Eddy Curry, Jerome James, David Lee, Zach Randolph and MalikRose.

Via The Morning Journal

New York Knicks,Cleveland Cavaliers

[h2]Dorsey Says He'll Be ARocket By Camp[/h2]
Aug 17, 2008 10:54 AM EST

hou_40.gif
Former Memphisforward Joey Dorsey claims that he'll officially become a member of the Rockets by the time training camp opens in October, according to My EyewitnessNews.

"We're negotiating my contract right now," Dorsey said. "So I'll be in Houston for sure coming up to trainingcamp. I'll be down in Houston signing my contract at the end of August."

Dorsey was the 33rd pick by Portland in this June's draft, but his rights were almost immediately sent to Houston.

Via My Eyewitness News

Houston Rockets

funny thing with bg is, he actually has the strength and quickness to be very effective penetrating the lane, but he rather shoot jumperrs all day like hesshuttlesworth. hes gonna hav to avg at least 22 5 5 to get the bread he wants, instead he doesnt even give you more than dimes and boards per season. this fooldoesnt never even avg a steal pg in any of the seasons hes been in the nba.

Career Averages
Career FG 3PT FT Rebounds Misc
Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2004-05 CHI 82 24:23 5.3 12.9 41.1 1.6 4.0 40.5 2.8 3.3 86.3 0.7 2.0 2.6 2.0 2.3 0.7 0.1 2.7 15.1
2005-06 CHI 80 31:00 6.1 14.4 42.2 2.1 4.8 43.5 2.6 3.4 78.7 0.5 2.2 2.7 3.0 2.3 0.9 0.1 3.0 16.9
2006-07 CHI 82 33:00 7.4 16.3 45.5 1.9 4.6 41.3 4.6 5.4 86.4 0.4 2.7 3.2 3.6 3.0 0.8 0.2 3.1 21.4
2007-08 CHI 72 31:48 6.4 14.9 43.4 2.0 4.8 41.0 3.7 4.1 90.8 0.6 2.5 3.1 3.0 2.1 0.8 0.1 2.4 18.6
Career 316 30:00 6.3 14.6 43.2 1.9 4.5 41.6 3.5 4.0 85.8 0.6 2.3 2.9 2.9 2.4 0.8 0.1 2.8 18.0
Career Totals

if he wants that cake he needs to improve on everything else cause he aint gettin any taller

Ever since the Cavaliers landed point guard Maurice Williams, there have been rumors that they are talking to the Knicks about a big man, according to The Morning Journal.
New York has a number of big men on the roster, including Eddy Curry, Jerome James, David Lee, Zach Randolph and Malik Rose.

grin.gif

What on earth could the cavs possibly offer ???

[h2]Kobe: We Shouldn't Have Traded Marc Gasol[/h2]

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryant doesn't think the Lakers should have given up Marc Gasol in the trade that brought his brother Pau to Los Angeles, according to The Memphis Commercial Appeal.

"In hindsight, we probably didn't have to give him up to get Pau," Bryant said. "We should have kept Marc, too."

Team USA got a good look at the younger Gasol in their win over Spain on Saturday in Beijing.

"Me and Kobe were talking about it," said Jason Kidd. "He's a guy who knows how to play the game. Anyone would love to have him on their team."

So basically, Kidd put something in Kobe's ear to make him be upset with Lakers front office again.

Thanks, _ason.

You're my boy, too.
mad.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

No but seriously, Kidd had to have been thinking 'Yeah, your front office sucks still. Get out of there. Go to the Eastern Conference.
happy.gif
Or even better, go play in Europe; it's the thing to do right now. Go toEurope, Kobe.
smokin.gif
'

He had to have thinking that at least a little bit.
laugh.gif

[h2]Kobe: We Shouldn't Have Traded Marc Gasol[/h2]

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryant doesn't think the Lakers should have given up Marc Gasol in the trade that brought his brother Pau to Los Angeles, according to The Memphis Commercial Appeal.

"In hindsight, we probably didn't have to give him up to get Pau," Bryant said. "We should have kept Marc, too."

"Me and Kobe were talking about it," said Jason Kidd. "He's a guy who knows how to play the game. Anyone would love to have him on their team."

Kobe must be dreaming, The reason Grizzlies actually went through with the trade was because of Marc Gasol.

I'd really like to see the Heat get an upgrade at pg before the season starts, but I wouldnt be too disappointed if Chalmers is the starting 1 in our firstgame

The only person I would want out of the NYK big men is David Lee. Ferry better not blow his good move of getting Mo Williams by getting a hobo like Randolph.Is David Lee even on the trading block or been linked to trade rumors?

david lee aint that special.

he, by far, has the highest trade value on the knicks, and it would be smart to use him to get rid of one of our worthless guys.

"My dad is not so thrilled," Kaman said. "My mom has always supported me, she's great. My dad is kind of negative about it. He's like: 'You're not German, you're an American citizen.' "
laugh.gif

am i the only one that actually likes the jerseys esp the shorts
pimp.gif

but yo kobe is a fool..marc gasol has to have the worst basketball body and he wont do anything turiaf or the other african dude wont

Originally Posted by haiti5

am i the only one that actually likes the jerseys esp the shorts
pimp.gif

but yo kobe is a fool..marc gasol has to have the worst basketball body and he wont do anything turiaf or the other african dude wont

Nah, they aren't that bad, a step back definitely, but those old jerseys were classic, so it's hard for them to be better then before.

Back
Top Bottom