Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

sick.gif

the wolves jerseys are possibly the worse jerseys ive seen in quite some time.

it looks like my nephew took a blank slate with crayola crayons and did damage.

[h2]Source SaysRatliff, Sixers Agree To 1-Year Deal[/h2]
Ratliff_Theo_det_080522.jpg

Aug 19, 2008 3:21 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Theo Ratliffhas chosen the Philadelphia 76ers from an array of offers he has received and will sign a one year contract with the team, the Philadelphia Daily News isreporting.

The contract will be for the veterans' minimum.

Via Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send FeedbackBuy Tickets

[h2]Dirk: Main Goal Is NowTitle[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 6:20 PM EST

dal_40.gif
After enjoyingsome individual success during his first appearance in the Olympic Games, Mavericks' forward Dirk Nowitzki is now focused on winning the NBA championship,according to Reuters.

"I achieved my first goal -- playing basketball for Germany in the Olympics," Nowitzki told journalists after his countryfinished the Games with a 1-4 record following a loss to the United States on Monday.

"Now my main goal is to win the NBA championship," Nowitzki added. "We'll have to wait and see how things developwith Germany in the years ahead."

Via Reuters

Dallas Mavericks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Dragic May Not Sign UntilSeptember[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 10:11 AM EST

phx_40.gif
Goran Dragicmay not sign a contract with the Suns until September, according to The Arizona Republic.

Phoenix is expected to give Dragic, a second-round pick, a contract worth lottery-type money.

His physical will be done Tuesday, but Dragic may not sign right away because of financial obligations he must meet with Tau Ceramica,his Spanish club.

Via The Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Yao Furious OverBenching[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 10:04 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Yao Ming wasfurious at being benched in China's loss to Greece on Monday, according to The Associated Press.

Yao had 16 points and 5 rebounds in China's 91-77 loss, but only played sixteen minutes as the country's coaching staff chooseto rest him for Wednesday's quarterfinal against Lithuania.

A win over Greece could have ensured China's highest-ever finish in Olympic basketball.

"Yao fought, he wants to play and wants to help us as much as possible, but he is a player and I am the coach," coach JonasKazlauskas. "I make those decisions."

Yao refused to talk with the media after the game.

Via Channel News

General Basketball

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Stern: NBA WantsPresence In China, India[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 9:58 AM EST

nba_40.gif
NBAcommissioner David Stern would like for the league to soon have a presence in both China and India, according to The Associated Press.

Stern cannot believe how far the league has come in their relations with China since it began in 1985.

"You know, I didn't even dare to think about that," Stern said. "The question was one step at a time. If you'vebeen along on the journey, sometimes you don't realize how far you've come."

India appears to be on the NBA's radar as well.

"We think that that's a very promising market," said Stern. "The sport is very much on the move."

Via ESPN

General Basketball

[h2]Clippers Sign PaulDavis[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 6:15 PM EST

lac_40.gif
The Los AngelesClippers today signed free agent center Paul Davis, according to Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal werenot announced.

Paul Davis joins Baron Davis and Ricky Davis on the Clippers' roster to bring the "Davis" count to an NBA tying three.Many teams' rosters have had as many as three players with the same surname throughout league history, but none with four. The most recent example? The'05-'06 Toronto Raptors, with Aaron, Alvin and Eric Williams.

Paul Davis was drafted by the Clippers with the 34th overall selection in the second round of the 2006 NBA Draft and appeared in atotal of 53 games for Los Angeles over the last two seasons. The Clippers had previously renounced his rights on July 16.

Via RealGM Staff Report

Los Angeles Clippers

[h2]Krzyzewski Won't ReturnAs U.S. Coach[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 6:14 PM EST

nba_40.gif
Duke head coachMike Krzyzewski will not return to coach Team USA after the conclusion of this month's Olympic Games in Beijing, according to The Boston Globe.

USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo says he will decide who will take over after the Olympics.

Via The Boston Globe

General Basketball

[h2]Sixers Reportedly OfferRatliff Contract[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 6:10 PM EST

phi_40.gif
The 76ers havereportedly offered veteran center Theo Ratliff a contract worth the league's minimum, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Ratliff has averaged 7.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks a game during his career.

Via The Philadelphia Inquirer

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Miami Not A LikelyDestination For Gordon[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 6:05 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Even though BenGordon claims he has played his last game as a member of the Bulls, joining the Heat doesn't appear to be a possibilty, according to The South FloridaSun-Sentinel.

Dwyane Wade plays a majority of his minutes at the shooting guard position, and Miami recently made a significant investment in JamesJones.

Also, they'd likely have to sign-and-trade with Chicago to land Gordon, which means the Bulls might ask for someone like ShawnMarion in return.

Via The South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls

[h2]Wolves Unveil NewUniforms[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 5:47 PM EST

min_40.gif
In anticipationof the 20th season of Minnesota Timberwolves basketball, the Timberwolves today unveiled new home and road uniforms for the upcoming 2008-09 NBA season. Thenew-look uniforms, designed in partnership by the team, adidas, and the NBA, were displayed publicly for the first time today at the IDS Center's CrystalCourt at noon.

"As with our recent re-designed logo, our new uniforms usher in a new era of Minnesota Timberwolves basketball," saidTimberwolves President Chris Wright. "Working with adidas and the NBA, we were able to design uniforms that display the energy, excitement, and passion ofTimberwolves basketball. These qualities complement our developing group of exciting players as well as embody the characteristics of our entirefranchise."

Via NBA.com

Minnesota Timberwolves

[h2]Sixers Re-Sign Iguodala[/h2]
Aug 18, 2008 3:34 PM EST

phi_40.gif
Philadelphia76ers President and General Manager Ed Stefanski announced today that the team has re-signed restricted free-agent swingman Andre Iguodala. Per team policy,terms of the agreement were not disclosed. "Andre is one of the top players in the NBA and he was a key factor in our turnaround last season," saidComcast-Spectacor Chairman Ed Snider. "Keeping him a part of our roster was an important off-season move for us. I'm very excited that he has decidedto remain a Philadelphia 76er." "Ed Stefanski worked very hard this off-season on adding key players to our line-up and keeping our core roster intact," said Comcast-Spectacor President Peter Luukko. "Keeping Andre as a 76er was important to us, as we want to expand on our successes from lastseason."

Via Press Release

Philadelphia 76ers

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/54051/20080818/krzyzewski_wont_return_as_us_coach/[/h2]
[h2]Krzyzewski Won't Return As U.S. Coach[/h2]

nba_40.gif
Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski will not return to coach Team USA after the conclusion of this month's Olympic Games in Beijing, according to The Boston Globe.

USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo says he will decide who will take over after the Olympics.

Via The Boston Globe

General Basketball

Call me a homer, but if going to the college ranks again...JTIII is a perfect fit. And coaches a brand of basketball conducive to internationalplay.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_teams/general/2008/08/

The Heat are becoming the new Knicks with all these rumors about players going to their team and none of them coming true.
laugh.gif

Call me a homer, but if going to the college ranks again...JTIII is a perfect fit. And coaches a brand of basketball conducive to international play.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_teams/general/2008/08/

I agree completely. JTIII hard nosed perimeter D philosophy would work wonders in international play.

nba_40.gif
Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski will not return to coach Team USA after the conclusion of this month's Olympic Games in Beijing, according to The Boston Globe.

Via The Boston Globe

General Basketball

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More time to hit that recruiting trail.

Plus he can tell the recruits how he coached the best the USA has to offer and all sorts of other ammo that this gets him in regards to recruiting.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

nba_40.gif

Via The Boston Globe

General Basketball

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

More time to hit that recruiting trail.

Plus he can tell the recruits how he coached the best the USA has to offer and all sorts of other ammo that this gets him in regards to recruiting.
pimp.gif

we can only hope so, we need to step it up these next couple of years and get back to some final fours

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rce_says_ratliff_sixers_agree_to_1_year_deal/[/h2]
[h2]Source Says Ratliff, Sixers Agree To 1-Year Deal[/h2]
Ratliff_Theo_det_080522.jpg

Aug 19, 2008 3:21 AM EST

phi_40.gif
Theo Ratliff has chosen the Philadelphia 76ers from an array of offers he has received and will sign a one year contract with the team, the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting.

The contract will be for the veterans' minimum.

Via Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

pimp.gif

[h2]Yao Furious Over Benching[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 10:04 AM EST

nba_40.gif
Yao Ming was furious at being benched in China's loss to Greece on Monday, according to The Associated Press.

Yao had 16 points and 5 rebounds in China's 91-77 loss, but only played sixteen minutes as the country's coaching staff choose to rest him for Wednesday's quarterfinal against Lithuania.

A win over Greece could have ensured China's highest-ever finish in Olympic basketball.

"Yao fought, he wants to play and wants to help us as much as possible, but he is a player and I am the coach," coach Jonas Kazlauskas. "I make those decisions."

Yao refused to talk with the media after the game.

Via Channel News

No lie, this is the FIRST time I have ever heard of Yao getting emotional like this.

Good to see. I mean, you don't have to be a whining, sniveling jerk, crying about every move your team doesn/doesn't make... but I've alwaysthought Yao was a little too passive regarding his team.

im glad the heat didnt sign bg, why would they?
ratliff going back to the sixers, they've had a pretty good offseason

Originally Posted by miamin2

You think? Signing Lou Williams to a long deal only worth 25 million, they get one of the best PF's in the League with Brand? Re-sign their other star?
laugh.gif
Not bad.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You think? Signing Lou Williams to a long deal only worth 25 million, they get one of the best PF's in the League with Brand? Re-sign their other star?
laugh.gif
Not bad.

well, maybe not pretty good, but theyve been active. they have a solid frontcourt, and were able to keep iggy. I think they got significantly better fromlast year.

Not Following Ben Gordon's Logic: Thinking about guard Ben Gordon's situation with the Chicago Bulls, something struck me. If Gordon has said he has played his last game as a Bull, that means he won't be signing the one-year qualifying offer of over $6 million.

He also has stated he won't be playing overseas, so that presumably means he plans to be in the NBA next season.

Gordon also reportedly feels he deserves an $80 million contract, and has turned one down from the Bulls at least once in the $50-55 million range.

The only team with space under the salary cap left is the Memphis Grizzlies, and with guards O.J. Mayo, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittenton Gordon does not fill a need for them.

Apparently the current plan is to pursue a sign-and-trade, but the Bulls aren't going to take back a ridiculous amount of contracts just because a team wants Ben Gordon, and no team has indicated a desire to pay him $80 million even in a sign-and-trade. Honestly, no other team besides Chicago has indicated a desire to pay him $50 million.

So, given all of that, it's extremely difficult to see how Gordon thinks he has played his last game as a Bull, won't go overseas, and can't find a team with money willing to pay him.

What exactly is he planning on doing? Staying home and working out by himself? Join the CBA? What other options are out there?

Gordon is a very talented player who should be in the NBA, but he is currently getting horrible advice on what he should do. Everything seems to be a contradiction of reality, and until he can get clear on what reality is, nothing is going to change.

laugh.gif
Not bad.

well, maybe not pretty good, but theyve been active. they have a solid frontcourt, and were able to keep iggy. I think they got significantly better from last year.

I was being sarcastic man, they've had a great off-season.
roll.gif

Ben Gordon is digging himself a hole. Who the hell is gonna give the Bulls a good player when BG already said he's done in Chicago? The Bulls aren'tgonna trade him if it's not beneficial to the team. On top of that, he wants a ton of money that : A: only a handful of teams could afford, and B: only acouple of teams would pay....actually from the article, no on is willing to pay him that much. Ben, I've always liked you man, but dude, you're notworth $80 million. Take the L, apologize to me , my city, and the Bulls, and sign the damn one year tender.

You moron.l

Originally Posted by aRog27

Ben Gordon is digging himself a hole. Who the hell is gonna give the Bulls a good player when BG already said he's done in Chicago? The Bulls aren't gonna trade him if it's not beneficial to the team. On top of that, he wants a ton of money that : A: only a handful of teams could afford, and B: only a couple of teams would pay....actually from the article, no on is willing to pay him that much. Ben, I've always liked you man, but dude, you're not worth $80 million. Take the L, apologize to me , my city, and the Bulls, and sign the damn one year tender.

You moron.l

QFT

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by aRog27

Ben Gordon is digging himself a hole. Who the hell is gonna give the Bulls a good player when BG already said he's done in Chicago? The Bulls aren't gonna trade him if it's not beneficial to the team. On top of that, he wants a ton of money that : A: only a handful of teams could afford, and B: only a couple of teams would pay....actually from the article, no on is willing to pay him that much. Ben, I've always liked you man, but dude, you're not worth $80 million. Take the L, apologize to me , my city, and the Bulls, and sign the damn one year tender.

You moron.l

QFT

x2

laugh.gif
Not bad.

well, maybe not pretty good, but theyve been active. they have a solid frontcourt, and were able to keep iggy. I think they got significantly better from last year.

I was being sarcastic man, they've had a great off-season.
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

if BG was willing to take a pay cut, id rather have him over sasha.

him+a draft pick for sasha = success. thats just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom