Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

16kxfkw.jpg

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

if BG was willing to take a pay cut, id rather have him over sasha.

him+a draft pick for sasha = success. thats just my 2 cents

nah bro. ill pick sasha anything over bg. bulls would never give a draft pick just to get rid of ben anyway
laugh.gif

i told you all about that bum gordon dude ol gollum smiegel head havin dude with his karamo sweaters but nobody listens... son is a poor mans bobby jackson...lets go ask bobby jackson if he ever touched 50 mil?

where shoes4 life at? son was going hard on this bum's fan bus... and dude was calling kirk hinrich triple c...cooked crack coke or whatever the ++#!. yeamore like crappy caucasion clown..

how them englishmen say it? how you like them bullocks?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i told you all about that bum gordon dude ol gollum smiegel head havin dude with his karamo sweaters but nobody listens... son is a poor mans bobby jackson... lets go ask bobby jackson if he ever touched 50 mil?

where shoes4 life at? son was going hard on this bum's fan bus... and dude was calling kirk hinrich triple c...cooked crack coke or whatever the ++#!. yea more like crappy caucasion clown..

how them englishmen say it? how you like them bullocks?

Air Gordon.
LOL.

Honestly, it's nice to have self-confidence, but $80 million ?? Really Ben?? Like ..really really ???

[h2]76ers' Cheeks StillLooking For Assistant[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 5:26 PM EST

phi_40.gif
76ers' headcoach Maurice Cheeks is still looking for another assistant coach after the contract of Henry Bibby was not renewed, according to The Philadelphia DailyNews.

The team interviewed Jeff Ruland and Steve Mix, both former 76ers, last week. Alton Lister, a former assistant with the Hawks, metwith the club, as well.

Via The Philadelphia Daily News

Philadelphia 76ers

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Blazers' BlakeHappy With Contract, Motivated[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 5:22 PM EST

por_40.gif
Portland pointguard Steve Blake is happy with his contract and appears motivated heading into the new season, according to The Oregonian.

"I want to prove I can be a starter for a long time, not just for one year," Blake said. "And I want to prove that Ican be the starting point guard on a championship team."

Blake averaged a career-high 8.5 points and 5.1 assists last season. He'll make $4.2 million in 2008-09, but that number will fallto $4.0 million if the Blazers opt to pick up his option for the 2009-10 campaign.

"I have mine," Blake says. "What I do works for me, and I'm happy with what I have."

Via The Oregonian

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Monta Working With BoxingCoach[/h2]
Aug 19, 2008 12:46 PM EST

gsw_40.gif
Monta Ellis isalready preparing to meet the expectations of his new contract.

He is working on his ball handling this offseason and has plans to improve his endurance and strength by working out with trainerVirgil Hunter, boxing coach of undefeated super middleweight Andre Ward of Oakland.

"There's no workout like a boxing workout," said Ward, who is training for his December fight at Oracle Arena againstBrian Vera. "It surprised me a little bit because there was no hesitation (when he was approached with the idea). "... The scary part about him ishe's going to get better. When hard work and talent come together, great things happen."

"Monta is quietly confident, and it comes from getting his work done and not talking about it," said Warriors' ExecutiveVice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin, who drafted Ellis No. 40 overall in 2005.

"He shows up in the best shape. You don't keep improving as he has just because. He works at it."

Via Contra Costa Times

Golden State Warriors

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Wade: People Wrote Me Off TooEarly[/h2]
Aug 20, 2008 9:16 AM EST

mia_40.gif
Dwyane Wade,who suffered through a number of injuries last season, can't believe how quickly people have written him off, according to Yahoo! Sports.

"I was written off in one year quicker than anybody had ever been," Wade said Tuesday. "Being injured, it was like Ihad forgotten how to play basketball. But it made me hungry. And it put me back in the position where I've always been. And that's theunderdog."

After looking like a shell of his former self last season, Wade has looked amazing in Beijing.

Via Yahoo!

Miami Heat

[h2]Luke Jackson BecomesPortland's 15th Man[/h2]
Aug 20, 2008 9:11 AM EST

por_40.gif
Luke Jacksonhas reportedly signed on with the Blazers to complete their preseason roster, according to The Oregonian.

The team has yet to confirm the rumors, but Jackson has been working out at the team's practice facility.

Via The Oregonian

Portland Trail Blazers

[h2]Dragic: Suns 'A Dream ComeTrue'[/h2]
Aug 20, 2008 9:06 AM EST

phx_40.gif
Goran Dragic,who is expected to sign a deal with the Suns within the next few weeks, admitted on Tuesday night that playing in Phoenix is a dream come true, according toThe Arizona Republic.

"This is like my dream come true," said the 22-year-old Slovenian point guard. "I'm the happiest man on Earthnow."

Dragic spent his early morning hours up watching Steve Nash in recent years, and is now thrilled to be on the same roster.

"I can't believe I'm on the same team with him," Dragic said. "I'm really blessed. This is my next step. Imust practice hard in hopes I can replace Steve Nash in the future."

Via The Arizona Republic

Phoenix Suns

[h2]Shooting Takes PlaceOutside Antoine's Party[/h2]
Aug 20, 2008 9:01 AM EST

mem_40.gif
Shootings of apair of men in downtown Chicago may have resulted from a fight in a club where a party for Antoine Walker was taking place, according to The PostChronicle.

The late Sunday night gunfire near Rock 'n' Roll McDonald's left one man dead and another in critical condition, theChicago Sun-Times reported Tuesday.

Walker's birthday party was held at Excalibur, a nightclub about a block away.

Via The Post Chronicle

Memphis Grizzlies

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

if BG was willing to take a pay cut, id rather have him over sasha.

him+a draft pick for sasha = success. thats just my 2 cents
That wouldn't be very smart...

You basically wan't to pay him more money than Sasha (because even if he takes a pay cut he's going to make more than Sasha) to come in and be a spotup shooter...and he's about 6 inches shorter.

SON OF A...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE MAVERICKS RE-SIGNED DEVEAN GEORGE.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! IT'S LIGHT A NIGHTMARE ALL OVER AGAIN!!
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

SON OF A...

I CANNOT BELIEVE THE MAVERICKS RE-SIGNED DEVEAN GEORGE.

UNBELIEVABLE!!! IT'S LIGHT A NIGHTMARE ALL OVER AGAIN!!
smh.gif

[h1]Big D welcomes back George with new contract[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: August 20, 2008, 1:55 PM ET

Devean George's stay in Big D is going to last longer than anyone imagined.

3346.jpg

George

George and the Dallas Mavericks have reached an agreement on a new two-year contract worth about $4 million, according to his representative.
Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the deal soon will be made official and includes a player option for George to return to free agency after the coming season. George, 30, appeared to have little future in Dallas beyond last season after his controversial refusal in February to be included in the Mavericks' trade with the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd. Kobe Bryant has the NBA's only active no-trade clause, but George was able to prevent his inclusion in the deal on Feb. 13 by citing a little-known league rule applicable to a handful of players on one-year contracts. In a game that same night, George missed all 11 of his field-goal attempts in a home loss to Portland and was roundly booed by fans in Dallas. The Mavericks and Nets completed a reworked trade without George days later, but the second version of the deal cost Mavs owner Mark Cuban more than $11 million extra last season alone in additional payroll and luxury-tax obligations. Fan discontent with George, though, faded quickly, as did any friction within the organization. New coach Rick Carlisle was eager for the Mavericks to retain George, who spent the last two seasons in Dallas and is regarded as a perimeter threat and versatile defender off the bench when healthy after winning a ring with the Los Angeles Lakers in each of his first three pro seasons. Injuries limited George to 53 games last season and averages of 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 15.5 minutes per game. Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here

[h1]Veteran forward Marshall waived by Oklahoma City[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: August 20, 2008, 5:07 PM ET

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Forward Donyell Marshall won't be making the move to Oklahoma City with the Seattle SuperSonics.

The 14-year NBA veteran was waived Wednesday by the Oklahoma City franchise, which still hasn't been renamed after its relocation last month.

Marshall was acquired by the franchise from Cleveland in a three-team trade in February that sent Wally Szczerbiak and Ben Wallace to the Cavaliers.

He averaged 3.8 points off the bench in 15 games with Seattle and was sidelined by a sore right knee late last season.

Adrian Griffin, who was the other player sent to Seattle in that trade, was shipped to Milwaukee last week as part of a deal that brought forwards Desmond Mason and Joe Smith to Oklahoma City.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Go to hell, Devean George, Mark Barelstein, everyone associated with that abomination, and every single dollar that Devean George ever uses.

I'll be shocked to all ends if there is a single soul in the world that has a Dallas Mavericks Devean George jersey in the world other than Devean himself,yes that includes his kids. I'd rather let my own family freeze to death then have warmth from those forsaken jerseys, I'd rather Dan Dickau selljerseys then this bum.

Devean George, from the bottom of my heart, I hate you, with a passion.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom