Sneaker Pimps Dc. November 4th. LUX Lounge. --- Everyday Pple Celebrates 3 Years.

Originally Posted by 3dgarfly23

man Sneaker Pimps was weak

for real? can we get a update? i think the weather throught out the day killed it....i didn't feel like leaving my home for it.

for real? can we get a update? i think the weather throught out the day killed it....i didn't feel like leaving my home for it.

Originally Posted by dimez81

arent they all weak though ?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dimez81

arent they all weak though ?
nerd.gif

late overview-

bottom floor was set up with a few vendor tables. I personally didn't see anyone buying anything, as most people were making their way upstairs.

middle floor had a few of warm up acts, and a few exhibits/people painting.

Upstairs, the billed performers started around 11:30. Black Cobain and Fat Trel did about 3-4 songs each. Phil Ade did a great job, I never really heard him before, but I was pleasantly surprised. Kingpin Slim did about the 3-5 songs(guessing, was downstairs during his set). Then Tabi did a couple of old songs (pocket, jetsetter) and I'm guessing a few new ones. His performance was average, there was very little crowd energy. But this was after 1 am, so most people had good and tired (i imagine).

Cool kids came on and did about 5 songs. Not really a fan of cool kids, but i thought they a really good job, I enjoyed their set.

Curren$y came up to the stage through the crowd, and asked security to chill out, that they were there to have a good time. After that, people started pulling j's and l's and sparking it in plain sight. It seemed like security/management were gonna be cool and let it slide,
pimp.gif
but after about 3 minutes or so of smoking, they shut it down, had security puttin peoples green out. Another song, and it was over. Spitta went through about 4 songs, it was disappointingly short, but by this time (2:15 or so, after being there since 10:30 or so), i was tired as hell and ready to go to sleep.

Overall, it was pretty solid; i don't think anyone was really out there for the 'sneaker culture' as much as they wanted to see show. The main stage area wasn't even that crowded when the last acts were performing. But for $20, it was a good time.

*sorry for the wall of text*

late overview-

bottom floor was set up with a few vendor tables. I personally didn't see anyone buying anything, as most people were making their way upstairs.

middle floor had a few of warm up acts, and a few exhibits/people painting.

Upstairs, the billed performers started around 11:30. Black Cobain and Fat Trel did about 3-4 songs each. Phil Ade did a great job, I never really heard him before, but I was pleasantly surprised. Kingpin Slim did about the 3-5 songs(guessing, was downstairs during his set). Then Tabi did a couple of old songs (pocket, jetsetter) and I'm guessing a few new ones. His performance was average, there was very little crowd energy. But this was after 1 am, so most people had good and tired (i imagine).

Cool kids came on and did about 5 songs. Not really a fan of cool kids, but i thought they a really good job, I enjoyed their set.

Curren$y came up to the stage through the crowd, and asked security to chill out, that they were there to have a good time. After that, people started pulling j's and l's and sparking it in plain sight. It seemed like security/management were gonna be cool and let it slide,
pimp.gif
but after about 3 minutes or so of smoking, they shut it down, had security puttin peoples green out. Another song, and it was over. Spitta went through about 4 songs, it was disappointingly short, but by this time (2:15 or so, after being there since 10:30 or so), i was tired as hell and ready to go to sleep.

Overall, it was pretty solid; i don't think anyone was really out there for the 'sneaker culture' as much as they wanted to see show. The main stage area wasn't even that crowded when the last acts were performing. But for $20, it was a good time.

*sorry for the wall of text*

yeah if you weren't aware all the smoking was happening in the outside stairwell. me and a rack of local rappers were burning like the wholetime haha

shout out to my man lavan and the hot new product, good look on that crew young! i think i'ma rock it to this show me and the band got in bmore in two weeks broseph

yeah if you weren't aware all the smoking was happening in the outside stairwell. me and a rack of local rappers were burning like the wholetime haha

shout out to my man lavan and the hot new product, good look on that crew young! i think i'ma rock it to this show me and the band got in bmore in two weeks broseph

Originally Posted by PiNoyBOy

Im 17 FML. Any one wanna be my guardian? Are they actually gonna check i.d?

haha did they ever check id? I was planning on going and even bought a ticket but i lost my damn id that day 

Originally Posted by PiNoyBOy

Im 17 FML. Any one wanna be my guardian? Are they actually gonna check i.d?

haha did they ever check id? I was planning on going and even bought a ticket but i lost my damn id that day 

Back
Top Bottom