Sneaker Youtubers. vol. lame or a positive to the "community"

I, like many, have a lot of downtime because of my field of work so I watch Youtube to get thru the days and toilet visits. As I was cleaning up old subscriptions (still have Mr.ChiCity), I wanted to see if there was any new content...

We've gone from reviews of the same shoe spread out amongst a bunch of channels to now a trend in "vlogs" that pretty much have nothing to do with sneakers other than the token "whats on feet".

We have a group of "sneaker heads" who have sneaker chats that consists of usually a 100% white panel. Just pointing out the obvious.

I also noticed NT's favorite, INTGKicks, recently "came back" which has caused youtubers, like Jstar, among others to catch feelings and make videos addressing the dude...or as what the youtubers call "beef"

my question is...are these channels merely a means of $? Entitlement? Acceptance?

Why are these people being dubbed "shoelebrities" when all they do is display their egos and raffles in a video and reference sneakers to meet the "shoe head" criteria?

Definitely not $$$, it's acceptance.

Dudes wanna feel like they're apart of something.

Raffles are fake as hell, they almost always go to a close friend, they're just there to get followers up. 

There's a cat I've seen on YouTube who has "online campouts".  He's filming the video while he's on the computer, waiting for the Twitter link to drop.

sick.gif

i know alot of ya dont wanna hear it, but da deeper you get into da sneaker culture da more you're surrounded by dorks, geeks, and lames..

all those sneaker events got that star trek, comicon convention vibe to em without da slutty cosplay girls to break up da monotony...

with that said, some of those videos are useful in checking material and "shop" as recon if you wanna cop something,

and they're VERY USEFUL if you wanna get educated on fakes, Grey markets, early releases, etc.

Last edited:
I mostly just follow people that only do on feet videos, so I'm rocking with Positive. They can show what a shoe really looks like outside in natural lighting, especially if it's a shoe that didn't reach my area or was hard to get.

i know alot of ya dont wanna hear it, but da deeper you get into da sneaker culture da more you're surrounded by dorks, geeks, and lames..

all those sneaker events got that star trek, comicon convention vibe to em without da slutty cosplay girls to break up da monotony...
Dear The Dominican God,

Thank you for making an appearance in my thread.

-Ron

But on a serious note, I've never been to a dXc, sneaker convention...I never want to be associated with anything sneaker related other than being on NT.

This is a perfect example of how LAME this sneaker thing has become.

Last edited:
Dont really mess with them but a few are beyond terrible. All they do it tell you things you can easily see by looking at pictures...

- The swoosh is white

- The upper is black

- The sole is mostly white with red accents

- The Velcro is Velcro

- The zipper is a zipper

... like wtf ? If your going to "review" a shoe.... REVIEW the shoe.

I give that dude Nightwing props because he actually balls in the shoes and tells you how they perform; but its painfully obvious alot of these other cats have no idea what they're talking about.

:lol:

So damn true

Some of them are good, some of them are bad. That's just the way it is.

Don't even watch them like I used to though. Too many dudes tryna do too much.

Just stick to what the shoe looks and feels like.

i watch a few of em on youtube.  Nightwing, ZayaX, Just4Kicks212, DMVsneakers, and MrFoamerSimpson (whenever I want to see rare kicks)

TMCII keeps it short and simple.  His on feet vids are the best

Last edited:
Dont really mess with them but a few are beyond terrible. All they do it tell you things you can easily see by looking at pictures...

- The swoosh is white

- The upper is black

- The sole is mostly white with red accents

- The Velcro is Velcro

- The zipper is a zipper

... like wtf ? If your going to "review" a shoe.... REVIEW the shoe.

I give that dude Nightwing props because he actually balls in the shoes and tells you how they perform; but its painfully obvious alot of these other cats have no idea what they're talking about.
nightwing is in a league of his own...I mess with kickgenius too. They never review a shoe, they just perform and give opinion. None of this, lets talk to santa mess these lames do.

i watch a few of em on youtube.  Nightwing, ZayaX, Just4Kicks212, DMVsneakers, and MrFoamerSimpson (whenever I want to see rare kicks)

TMCII keeps it short and simple.  His on feet vids are the best
Everyone knows I dislike that clown who makes videos of him randomizing a name for a "giveaway"

Last edited:
Definitely not $$$, it's acceptance.

Dudes wanna feel like they're apart of something.

Raffles are fake as hell, they almost always go to a close friend, they're just there to get followers up. 

There's a cat I've seen on YouTube who has "online campouts".  He's filming the video while he's on the computer, waiting for the Twitter link to drop.

:x

nahh man. that youtube money is long. I bet most of them are absolutely doing it for the money, and also the perks it comes with like free shoes and invites to special events, etc. It's gotten way too corny now. I used to love sneaker reviews when they first started couple years back, since it was something different and a cool idea at the time. but now, everybody is doing them and making it worse by adding stupid little skits that make them way too corny. I think a lot of them try way too hard in their vids like that INTG kicks dude. the only one that is the best at it right now is NightWing2303 because he does the performance reviews that goes way more in-depth of the technical aspects of the shoe. even sneakgeeks stop doing them now and is now doing that whole bitcoin thing. He was the main dude that started the sneaker reviews so I thought he would still be doing them now but I guess he grew tired of it (or it could be the backlash he got for copping those grey market jordans but that's a whole nother issue) and whatever happened to bigtom3232? remember him? he just disapeared.

All these sneaker review channels/vids are lame. But the worst ones are when cats review an all white or all black shoe :lol:

:rofl: Sneaker reviews. What happened to going to the store and trying on the shoe. From the conventions to the reviews, the culture is lame.

with that said, some of those videos are useful in checking material and "shop" as recon if you wanna cop something,

and they're VERY USEFUL if you wanna get educated on fakes, Grey markets, early releases, etc.

I agree with Ninja here...lot of dudes nowadays are just over the top with it and/or extremely superficial. The last time I went to House of Hoops, rocked some Bordeaux's and I got five minutes of non-stop circle jerking from the employees that work there...like I get it man, you like my shoes, I'm just looking, no need to be on your damn knees bowing down and ****. :smh:

I only watch one dude that wears jeans+kicks how I wear so I watch incase I wanna cop..

But yeah, most of them are idiots.. Tryna explain the colors like if I'm blind or something

there are a couple of sneaker youtubers are cool like MrFoamerSimpson(funniest sneaker reviewer), Nightwing2303, and HesKicks but i know that there are a lot of lame dudes on youtube

also Jstar and Jumpmanbostic

Last edited:
Lame. Another hobby I do all of the sudden took off to a YouTube sensation the past few years with reviews and package day type videos. To me, totally killed the hobby with the old head collectors that barely post now on our forums. It's mostly younger kids doing their own review and opinions. 

there are a couple of sneaker youtubers are cool like MrFoamerSimpson(funniest sneaker reviewer), Nightwing2303, and HesKicks but i know that there are a lot of lame dudes on youtube
I agree with all but hes.

He has an entitled attitude. He goes on Youtube to cry about an HOH and he buys all these shoes just to collect dust and have his wife guess what they are?

Foamer is hands down the funniest "reviewer"

Nightwing is the truth.

I pretty much only watch NIghtwing and TheEXCLUCITY videos. I remember thinking that FoamerSimpson was a massive lame when someone linked me to his LeBron IX Championship pack video last year, so I never rocked with his work.

100% agreed with everything Ninjahood said on the matter. The conventions, paying attention to the "authorities" on the culture, the fact that everyone and their mother is on YouTube reviewing sneakers; it's all too corny for me. I just buy sneakers I want bruh. That's it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom