Sneaker Youtubers. vol. lame or a positive to the "community"

i went back and watched some of the old vids of these guys "beefin".........over what???
mean.gif

INTG, Jstar, and Delz (he's a clown anyway)

these guys really think they are feeling themselves.....

I just started watching some of these guys vids within the past year.  my list is about to get really smaller now.

i know alot of ya dont wanna hear it, but da deeper you get into da sneaker culture da more you're surrounded by dorks, geeks, and lames..

all those sneaker events got that star trek, comicon convention vibe to em without da slutty cosplay girls to break up da monotony...

with that said, some of those videos are useful in checking material and "shop" as recon if you wanna cop something,

and they're VERY USEFUL if you wanna get educated on fakes, Grey markets, early releases, etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
I started "collecting" in the late '80's because I played ball and wore EVERYTHING.
Now it seems quite the contrary, the most unathletic frail dorks, "copping" kicks to flip, and/or drool over.

^im frail as hell but i wear everything i have :lol:

I've always had a rule that i dont talk shoes in person, made this rule up in like the 8th grade when random dudes would try to chat.

Sneaker videos and the dudes who make em are lame as hell. Usually corn balls in person.

Shoutout to @GTFan712 though, only sneaker vids i really watch.

I started "collecting" in the late '80's because I played ball and wore EVERYTHING.
Now it seems quite the contrary, the most unathletic frail dorks, "copping" kicks to flip, and/or drool over.

This

Dont really mess with them but a few are beyond terrible. All they do it tell you things you can easily see by looking at pictures...

- The swoosh is white

- The upper is black

- The sole is mostly white with red accents

- The Velcro is Velcro

- The zipper is a zipper

... like wtf ? If your going to "review" a shoe.... REVIEW the shoe.

I give that dude Nightwing props because he actually balls in the shoes and tells you how they perform; but its painfully obvious alot of these other cats have no idea what they're talking about.

Most videos offer nothing, other than a chance to look at a sneaker before you buy them.

i know alot of ya dont wanna hear it, but da deeper you get into da sneaker culture da more you're surrounded by dorks, geeks, and lames..

all those sneaker events got that star trek, comicon convention vibe to em without da slutty cosplay girls to break up da monotony...

with that said, some of those videos are useful in checking material and "shop" as recon if you wanna cop something,

and they're VERY USEFUL if you wanna get educated on fakes, Grey markets, early releases, etc.

and this

Guilty. I do play ball though and have played in J's and foams.

All those videos are corny. Dudes draped up in JB apparel sounding like radio disc jockeys "YO YO YO, it's cha boi it's cha boi!" Possibly they could give a insightful history lesson, like what MJ did that season, differences between the previous retros, etc. Instead they just stating the obvious, and most of the time give false info, use incorrect terminology, and don't know differences in materials.

Don't know how many times someone called the outsole the midsole, or durabuck called suede.

Last edited:
I wonder why Sneakgeekz stopped.

Definitely not $$$, it's acceptance.

It's both, but

There's money in it if you're popular from youtube...that's why that dude Delz has vids about nothing.

There's also money or a discount in it from promoting sites, in addition to getting them early. There's a reason why a lot of these dudes tell you where they got their sneakers from.

Delz is a dj though, it's good promotion.
I bet all these recent fake sneakerhead artists reach out to him as well.

All these are just an example of what the sneaker "culture" has become. I checked out the type of stuff NiceKicks is trying to do. :x

DJ Delz almost makes me embarrassed to be interested in sneakers too. I get self-conscious... like do I sound and look like this dude? Am I trying to hard too? Plus I heard he's a massive tool anyway.

A select few are good for the others who share an interest in shoes. Nightwing is super-informative and actually highlights the purpose of the shoes and the process that goes into them, and FoamerSimpson is entertaining and actually pretty informative too. There are a few others I've come across. But that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
90% of them are cornballs looking for some type of acknowledgement and are thirsting for attention.

Its beyond corny. I've only seen a few guys on youtube who actually do a review thats worth watching. The rest are literally holding a shoe and talking about nonsense.

I think theres one kid who actually shows you how they perform on the court and everything. His channel was decent.

Then on top of that, some of these fools have the nerve to be in "beefs" over sneakers? :rofl:

every single one of them is a kook. if you make a sneaker video for youtube, you're a herb. seriously.

Dont really mess with them but a few are beyond terrible. All they do it tell you things you can easily see by looking at pictures...

- The swoosh is white

- The upper is black

- The sole is mostly white with red accents

- The Velcro is Velcro

- The zipper is a zipper

... like wtf ? If your going to "review" a shoe.... REVIEW the shoe.

I give that dude Nightwing props because he actually balls in the shoes and tells you how they perform; but its painfully obvious alot of these other cats have no idea what they're talking about.

Exactly. I've mentioned it before but you see channels where its just a girl with a "pretty face" relaying this information and you can tell she doesn't even know what the hell she's talking about. But **** it, I can't see how what they're doing is hurting anyone.

"Get money" I guess.

Last edited:
Whats sad is, replica shoe review guys do a better job at reviewing kicks and comparing them than the legit ones.

All the legit guys do is parade around saying "HEY LOOK I GOT THE SHOES GUYS!"

Whats sad is, replica shoe review guys do a better job at reviewing kicks and comparing them than the legit ones.

All the legit guys do is parade around saying "HEY LOOK I GOT THE SHOES GUYS!"

You ain't ever lie. It's sad cuz once they do videos they feel an obligation of getting every shoe that releases. Only videos I look at are comparisons and it's sad I get more info just looking at the pics side by side.

dubstepslap dude is another Lame. He buys 15-20 pickups a week. Never shows an on feet, but has sheep defending him.

Back
Top Bottom