pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.� After the install it game me and extra 10+GB
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
.� Anybody else cop?

How did the install go? Did you have any applications/programs on your mac that were not legitimately procured? Specifically, programs that run because I useLittle Snitch... (Adobe CS & Candybar)

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

How did the install go? Did you have any applications/programs on your mac that were not legitimately procured? Specifically, programs that run because I use Little Snitch... (Adobe CS & Candybar)

Honestly the install took longer than expected, 45mins - an hr. I have a bunch of "not so legally" purchased software and there are no problems. Photoshop actually opens and closes faster. Little Snitch and Peer Guardian still work. Every thing is the same so far, just a very nice face lift.

How much did it cost?

I think I will be getting my macbook pro today.. so would I get this new OS for free?

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

How much did it cost?

I think I will be getting my macbook pro today.. so would I get this new OS for free?

Its $29 for a single computer, $49 for multiple computers (Up to 5), but if you purchase your mac after June 8th its only $10
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

How did the install go? Did you have any applications/programs on your mac that were not legitimately procured? Specifically, programs that run because I use Little Snitch... (Adobe CS & Candybar)

Honestly the install took longer than expected, 45mins - an hr. I have a bunch of "not so legally" purchased software and there are no problems. Photoshop actually opens and closes faster. Little Snitch and Peer Guardian still work. Every thing is the same so far, just a very nice face lift.

Fantastic. Do you have MS Word? I heard that it opens slower now? Any truth to this?

I still don't know if I should cop this...

I mean other it frees up some storage... but I have plenty of harddrive space left... and my pro flys as it is

kinda off topic... is it OD to get 2 macbook pros for the house?.. buying a new house, thinking of just having laptops...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

kinda off topic... is it OD to get 2 macbook pros for the house?.. buying a new house, thinking of just having laptops...

I don't think you need 2 laptops, don't you think 1 is enough?

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Fantastic. Do you have MS Word? I heard that it opens slower now? Any truth to this?
Wow, I dont use MS Word but I opened it just not to check and it opens like a snail. It takes a good 45 seconds or so to open. I dont know ifits because of the update or because of how it was obtained but it could be annoying to someone who uses it often.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I still don't know if I should cop this...

I mean other it frees up some storage... but I have plenty of harddrive space left... and my pro flys as it is

Is that your only reason? Its a OS refresh, not a disk free'r upper
laugh.gif

Thats what I did. Then I have a PC desktop for the guest to use and to do Windows bull when necessary.

Isnt Snow Leopard to Leopard what Windows 7 is to Vista( though not as BIG OF A UPGRADE). A OS that is a speed increase and little tweaks over the last

Originally Posted by NationalTruckerDave

I don't think you need 2 laptops, don't you think 1 is enough?
oh my bad... im married with 2 kids... wifey be waiting for me to grab a beer so she can seat jack my @!# and hop on the computer...
laugh.gif

Honestly.. i've looked at what new features Snow Leopard has and can't figure out a difference it will really make to me

Back
Top Bottom