DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - Chapter ONE: Gods & Monsters

Batman is the peanut butter and Joker is the jelly

You could say the same to a degree about Spider-Man and Venom and there was a Venom stand alone.

Based on the trailers, either they are hiding a lot, or this is going to be a true origin story and we might not see full on joker until the end.

You could say the same to a degree about Spider-Man and Venom and there was a Venom stand alone.
Nah. Not at all the same even to a degree.

Spidey existed 20 years successfully with great stories without being so deeply connected to one villain/rival/archnemessis the way Batman has for almost a cwntury

Justice League Theatrical Cut Was So Bad It Made Zack Snyder’s Cinematographer Cry

:lol:

"I have, unfortunately.

It’s really hard to say because I was watching it and I think I was crying all the way through. So it’s hard for me to say exactly how much was changed, but a lot was changed. It looked very different, and it’s sad for me because I loved working with Zack; I had the best time of my life. There were many other things on that movie that made it so good apart from the fact that I was working with Zack and the whole gang. I met my wife on that job. There [were] a lot of other things. It was just a great shoot, and so it was a shame to see the film the way it turned out to be.

You can just see, if you watched the first trailers you can see how the film should have looked and how the film did look when we were shooting it
."

Trailer was fire. Not sure if this is an origin story or what though.

Trailer was fire. Not sure if this is an origin story or what though.
Standalone if Phoenix is done. Origin, if he resigns for a sequel.
To my understanding at least. I think it'll do well, and he'll take the latter. Fame is addicting lol.8)

Justice League Theatrical Cut Was So Bad It Made Zack Snyder’s Cinematographer Cry

:lol:

"I have, unfortunately.

It’s really hard to say because I was watching it and I think I was crying all the way through. So it’s hard for me to say exactly how much was changed, but a lot was changed. It looked very different, and it’s sad for me because I loved working with Zack; I had the best time of my life. There were many other things on that movie that made it so good apart from the fact that I was working with Zack and the whole gang. I met my wife on that job. There [were] a lot of other things. It was just a great shoot, and so it was a shame to see the film the way it turned out to be.

You can just see, if you watched the first trailers you can see how the film should have looked and how the film did look when we were shooting it
."
If it’s out there in warner bros archives
I’d still want to see it , judge for myself

What I wish Warner bros would have done is give christoper Nolan 500 million dollars and give him the entire mega roster of dc comics to play with and have him In charge of the dceu

What I wish Warner bros would have done is give christoper Nolan 500 million dollars and give him the entire mega roster of dc comics to play with and have him In charge of the dceu
He still would've said no.

He doesn't want to be pigeon holed as a superhero movie director.

Maybe for a billion in cash.

Trailer takes itself too serious. Something seems off and I don't know why...
They`re not showing the violent side in the trailers.....They`re only pointing to the fact that there is voilence.

Pretty sure he`s gonna end up killing Robert Deniros character and some/all of the audience.

‘Joker’ Director Spent One Year Convincing Warner Bros. to Say Yes to R-Rated Vision

Despite the blockbuster success of the R-rated “Deadpool” franchise and Warner Bros.’ own R-rated “It” (the highest grossing horror film worldwide with $700 million), the studio still remained hesitant about green-lighting the R-rated “Joker.” In a new interview with the Los Angeles Times, director Todd Phillipsreveals he spent a full year trying to convince the studio to allow him to make the violent and edgy comic book movie. The filmmaker revealed it was “a year-long process” from when the script was finished “just to get the new people on board with this vision.”

“There were emails about: ‘You realize we sell Joker pajamas at Target,’” Phillips said. “There were a zillion hurdles, and you just sort of had to navigate those one at a time…At the time I would curse them in my head every day. But then I have to put it in perspective and go, ‘They’re pretty bold that they did this.’”

While the “Deadpool” movies are rated R, they feature tongue-in-cheek humor and self-referential gags that lighten the tone despite relying on graphic violence. “Joker” is not the R-rated good time that “Deadpool” is and it was never pitched that way. Phillips’ movie reference points were all serious-minded R-rated adult dramas: “Taxi Driver,” “One Flew Over the ****oo’s Nest,” “Serpico,” and “The King of Comedy.”

“The movies that I grew up loving, these character studies from the ’70s, you couldn’t get those movies made in this climate,” Phillips said. “I said to myself, ‘What if you did a movie in that vein, but made it about [comic book] characters?’”

One component that encouraged Warner Bros. to take a chance on Phillips’ potentially alienating vision was the budget. “Joker” cost $55 million to produce, much lower than other comic-book movies. The Los Angeles Times reports the “Joker” budget is “roughly a third the cost of Warner’s most recent DC Comics film, ‘Aquaman.’”

As producer Emma Tillinger Koskoff explained, “There were some hiccups trying to get the green light and there were some concerns about some of the content. But once we locked and loaded our budget, they really gave us a tremendous amount of space to do what we needed to do. The passion Todd has for this movie is palpable, and when he starts talking about it he’s hard to say no to. At the end of the day, he got to make the movie he wanted to make.”

Joker was recently rated R by the MPAA for “strong bloody violence, disturbing behavior, language, and brief sexual images.” Getting Warner Bros. to sign off on the film was one hurdle, and it was followed almost immediately by another. The Times reports it took a “drawn-out, four-month process” to convince Joaquin Phoenix to take the title role. The actor only signed on once it was clear he would be allowed to play “a complex flesh-and-blood character in shades of gray rather than a black-and-white cartoon villain.”

“That’s really the only thing that’s worthwhile,” Phoenix said. “The other thing is connect-the-dots and paint-by-numbers, and who the [heck] cares about that? There are certain areas of the character that frankly still aren’t clear to me, and I’m fine with that. There’s something enjoyable about not having to answer a lot of those questions. It requires a certain amount of participation from the audience that feels different.”

“Joker” is world premiering in competition at the Venice Film Festival and will also screen at TIFF and NYFF. Warner Bros will open the movie in theaters nationwide October 4.

BIRDS OF PREY Teaser Trailer Has Been Classified And Should Be With Us Very Soon

Trailer Track has confirmed that a brief sneak peek for the Cathy Yan-directed "girl-gang movie" has been rated by Germany’s FSK, and will most likely screen in theaters before It Chapter Two next week. We're not sure if it'll be online around the same time, but there's a good chance we'll have to wait a little longer. After all, the teaser for Christopher Nolan's Tenet has been playing in theaters for a couple of weeks now and still hasn't been officially released.

Still not a fan of what I think is a child Bruce Wayne but you can count me in with “strong bloody violence, disturbing behavior, language, and brief sexual images.”

Back
Top Bottom