So Cal Nurses!

Hey, where do you guys buy ur scrubs at? I bought some dickies scrubs from some place in Ontario Mills for 25 bucks for each top and bottom. Are there anyother places that might sell them cheaper? Around the West Covina or Pomona area? Any other brands you guys recommend? I heard the ones they sell at Walmarttear easily.

costco sells scrubs now, i dont know how much though. im pretty sure it comes as a set top and bottom though.

get em at the fashion district in downtown LA. i bought some dickies scrubs for like $7 top and bottom. and yes, theyre real.

you might also wanna ask where the other RNs get theirs because they usually do it as a side job to hook up the hospital with scrubs as well. the old filipinoRNs know whats up, ask em if youre cool with em.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I checked out the costco website, and they were showing up for $40 for top and bottom, so it was still a little pricey.
I'll try and check out the fashion district. $7 for dickies is pretty good...is that for the men's line or for their unisex line?

Freakin sucks how it's so hard to find scrubs for guys. You wear the same $$#+ all through nursing school, and they say u can wear anything afterwards...But when u look, most of the scrubs out there are too fruity or designed to show off ur figure. My last resort was taking a set of scrubs and sending them tothe philippines and have my cousin find someone to make me some over there for like 10 bucks. I did that with my school uniform, but they sent me back auniform with the shiny polyester that they use over their for their uniforms.

lol @ the shiny polyester, damn i didnt know the scrubs at costco were $40...i coulda sworn the sign said like $20 or something when i was there. ohh well ithink the garment district would be the best bet. maybe i should look for a place with cheap scrubs now so i wont have that problem when im done with school.

i got some LV all over print male nursing scrubs on sale 100 dollars each for top and bottom pm if you know whats good holla!

$7 for the either gender and unisex. they also got the elastic waist bands or the ones you tie with...

LV all over print? lol, oh man

got that limited ed. crocs size 10 1/2 foh yah too!! also, got that littmann X stussy stethoscope for yah if you want to step your steth game up!!!

Originally Posted by rowbot626

i got some LV all over print male nursing scrubs on sale 100 dollars each for top and bottom pm if you know whats good holla!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wow, ive worked at almost 10 nursing homes & hospitals and if i were toever see that id start laughing. & a littman x stussy? mann my littman joint is
pimp.gif

aye thanks for those links... i gotta check out those cargo pants...theyre mad comfy and all the weight of the flushes and alcohol wipes are in those pantspockets instead of the shirt pockets.

Damn bright nikes how long have u been a nurse?

I'm just talking about overall clinical rotations, I came from a nursing school in orange county and had about 4 - then I transferred to concorde san berdonow I've been to 3 more.

Exaggerated on the 10 tho
laugh.gif

Hey by the way, there's a scrub spot off 60 / fairway - if you want the spot is run by filipinos, cool people - if you want the # let me know.

Top & bottom is like $10/each alotta diff styles.

Sup fellow NT nurses. Where yall working at?

Fresh graduate. I heard to stay away from SNFs b/c you won't learn anything there. I'm looking at the OR in the future, so is the Med/Surg floor theplace to start?

Originally Posted by peep tha sneaKs

Fresh graduate. I heard to stay away from SNFs b/c you won't learn anything there. I'm looking at the OR in the future, so is the Med/Surg floor the place to start?
I think u can get into OR as a new grad, you just gotta find a hospital that has openings there, and are allowing new grads to work there. I graduatedJune 2007, so I'm pretty new as well. My hospital wants at least 1 year experience to work their critical care units, so I'm starting in DOU. It's almost like Med/Surg, plus I get ACLS training as well.

Fresh graduate. I heard to stay away from SNFs b/c you won't learn anything there. I'm looking at the OR in the future, so is the Med/Surg floor the place to start?
yup, youre going to go thru a probationary period on the floors and from then you just have to be persistent and apply within the hospital. but moreeducation = better chance to move where you want, from my experience.

ive done rt clinicals at pomona valley and sunset kaiser. i work at anaheim memorial right now. i want to work in the NICU...

Originally Posted by llcooljunr

I think u can get into OR as a new grad, you just gotta find a hospital that has openings there, and are allowing new grads to work there. I graduated June 2007, so I'm pretty new as well. My hospital wants at least 1 year experience to work their critical care units, so I'm starting in DOU. It's almost like Med/Surg, plus I get ACLS training as well.

you could get acls free from flex ed in chino hills. i think you have to work at a hospital or in a program at an accredited school...look into it for moredetails and schedules.

Hey any RN interested in working GI cases in the OC? PM me and I'll try and hook you up.

Alrite I found a pretty good scrub spot in La Puente on the corner of Willow and Amar called De Jesus Medical Uniforms. They're filipino run so they'remad nice.

They're filipino run so they're mad nice.
explain?

and another thing why are ALL filipino's are nurses? went to a hospital and i thought i was at a LRG sample sale.

Back
Top Bottom