So can we all finally agree.....

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

MBDTF has soo much replay value its unbelievable its definately one of the greatest albums ever put out in hip hop....WTT is a good album but not great

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Delusional college dropout.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

MBDTF, the album that defined this generation
pimp.gif
From an outsider looking in, can someone please explain to me why someone would think this?

Just defend it with a reasonable explanation is all I'm asking, I don't see how someone could honestly think this.

No hate, I'm just wanting to hear why.
Anybody??

Dude, I explained this already.

Kanye has not defined any damn generation. No album has been on that Nevermind status.

Originally Posted by ErvinSB91

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

laugh.gif
you guys are funny

laugh.gif
 this thread was doomed for disaster since OP wrote the title
Seriously
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But yea, I feel that MBDTF is Kanye's best work and that its way better than WTT. I love WTT btw.

MBDTF is a musical classic though. The production is just on another level. What @%$%*@ it up was that G.O.O.D Friday crap. If only a couple songs leaked and he added Christian Dior Denim Flow on the album, people would look at it a lot differently. CDDF is personally my favorite song from all the leaks, because it perfectly displays the direction Ye was going with the album.

MBDTF>WTT
MBDTF was just way more lyrical and had better production, plus more emotion. I don't know, but to me it just seemed like 'Ye and Jay just put WTT together a little too nonchalantly.

I HATED Kanye for years, haven't been a fan of his since before College Dropout. MBDTF made me do a complete 180, still love that album. Will be his best album and one of my favorite albums period.

So Appalled >>> WTT (I said that after listening to it it's first week)

MBDTF is one the greatest Albums of our time

WTT is AMAZING but it's not touching MBDTF

LR had great songs but it was all over the place

MBDTF carried from "You might think you peeped the scene" to "Who will survive in America"

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I guess I am out of touch/have way different taste

I thought WTT was mediocre

Late Registration was ok

College Drop out was an absolute classic

808s was better then graduation

MBDTF was probably his second best album to me behind College Dropout

It's not that you are out of touch. Don't start thinking that you're abnormal.

You're like me. You don't subscribe to the "College Dropout Lifetime Pass." I'm here with you.
pimp.gif
You're definitely not "like" him.  You think College Dropout is "aiiigghhtt."  This guy, as well as every other person, says it's a classic.  You, on the other hand, think that J Cole fellow is dropping HipHop MASTERPIECES
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Not to me. Only song i skip on WTT is Made In America. On MBDTF i only listen to Runaway and stop.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I HATED Kanye for years, haven't been a fan of his since before College Dropout. MBDTF made me do a complete 180, still love that album. Will be his best album and one of my favorite albums period.

Like I said before, your opinion, but I'll never understand people who list a single song as better than an album. Even albums I disliked always carried a cut that I enjoyed.

The two things that I thought were good about So Appalled were Jay's and Push's verses, and Push's verse didn't fit the song imo. Hell, the song itself is out of place on the album.

I actually prefer WTT over MBDTF... I really enjoy the mix between the heartfelt & deep songs on there mixed with the WTT themed songs. Plus the production of having more than 1 big named producer on each track was incredible. All the extra subtle backup vocals were a great touch too. MBDTF was a great album... Personally for me I just enjoy WTT more.

30t6p3b.gif
at how Ye's discography is turning out.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by Moe Fab

MBDTF was just way more lyrical.

LOL.

Word? So Appalled, Monster, Dark Fantasy? It was.

Only thing worse than being wrong is being loud and wrong champ. Otis, New Day, Welcome to the Jungle, and Murder to Excellence are more lyrical than any song on MBDTF except maybe Power. Kanye did the best he could but as of lately he simply can't carry an album by himself with his basic lyrics.

WTT is garbage. Sonic beats that don't mix with the two flows. Jay should of made a album with Sauce Money.

Album still mediocre at best, two of the hottest and that was the end result? Not that great of a product, and Ye made a better solo album. Those beats are all over the place, but Jay has some great lyrics on there.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Do you mean Jay-Z's verse on "So Appalled" ?

I don't know how anyone could listen to anybody else spit on "So Appalled" after hearing Jay-Z.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I guess I am out of touch/have way different taste

I thought WTT was mediocre

Late Registration was ok

College Drop out was an absolute classic

808s was better then graduation

MBDTF was probably his second best album to me behind College Dropout

It's not that you are out of touch. Don't start thinking that you're abnormal.

You're like me. You don't subscribe to the "College Dropout Lifetime Pass." I'm here with you.
pimp.gif
You're definitely not "like" him.  You think College Dropout is "aiiigghhtt."  This guy, as well as every other person, says it's a classic.  You, on the other hand, think that J Cole fellow is dropping HipHop MASTERPIECES
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yo seriously, +#%*. You're maddd annoying.

I've said College Dropout is a classic, but lyrically it's average.

You've said Game is a top 5 rapper.

I've said J. Cole is a top 5 rapper.

I win.

Back
Top Bottom