SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

another thing about those bills is they tell you after the fact. credit card swiped n all. Not many places show those before getting seated. Those "gratuity X% of 6 or more in a party" I've see before but "Honest to goodness" tax? FOH.

Maybe old news but this is the first time I’ve seen it.

IMG_3398.jpeg

Yea i dont tip unless im sitting down.

Unfortunately damn near every spot i go to in Atl has auto gratuity added to the check now smh.

I work for tips and the only time I tip is delivery (rarely get) sitting down to eat, and my barber. Dont do it for pickup

And what is it set @ ? 20%

Where I’m at in CA the locals restaurants have their auto options as 20% 22% 25%. I’m tired of it all. I select other 0%.

I used to be a really good tipper. I’m just done. Service charges on everything and tip lines for everything. No thank you. Unless I’m sitting, it’s 0. Why should I tip them for me picking up my food and them getting $15-$20/hr+ just to put it in a bag. Half the time they’re not even putting in the bag themselves. And half the time they **** my order up and you don’t find out till after you gave them a tip. They can stand over my shoulder and watch me write 0.

This coming from a person who spent 14 years of my life working for tips in restaurants.

/end rant

Last edited:
Yea i dont tip unless im sitting down.

Unfortunately damn near every spot i go to in Atl has auto gratuity added to the check now smh.

20% on top of that. Atl food scene is a disgrace. Overpriced for the same Lamb Chops, Shrimp and Grits, chicken and waffles with green grass backdrops.

Last edited:
I honestly just stopped.

Only way I tip is if it's a restaurant I sit down at, or delivery. Everything else is a firm no.
My wife spent a long time working as a server, so I get why tipping is important.

That said, I tip for services provided beyond the ordinary. Dining out qualifies, imo. Delivery qualifies, imo. Nothing else qualifies. I do tip my barber, but only cuz I want to keep that relationship positive. I don't tip for pick up. I don't tip my garbage/mail man. It's possible I would operate differently if money wasn't as tight. But meh.

My wife spent a long time working as a server, so I get why tipping is important.

That said, I tip for services provided beyond the ordinary. Dining out qualifies, imo. Delivery qualifies, imo. Nothing else qualifies. I do tip my barber, but only cuz I want to keep that relationship positive. I don't tip for pick up. I don't tip my garbage/mail man. It's possible I would operate differently if money wasn't as tight. But meh.

COVID created this excessive tipping culture that needs to be stopped.

Service at a restaurant with a waiter or waitress makes sense, Delivery makes sense, and so does ride sharing. The buck ends there for me. I used to tip my barber but a temp fade is $50 now, they don't get tipped anymore either.

I don't "tip," but every year, I give a gift to my USPS carrier and my regular FedEx/UPS drivers. It's usually a gift card worth $100.

It may not seem like a lot, but I've never lost a package, and they'll wait until they know I'm around before they drop **** off.

Back
Top Bottom