SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Yeah, **** outta here I'm not tipping **** if I'm picking up. All you literally did was hand me a bag. FOH

How much y'all tipping y'all barbers? Growing up I would see my dad tip the barber a dollar or 2 bucks. Even as a Kid I thought that was ******* insane. Cheap ***.

I been going with the fin.

I tip on carryout at places i frequent where i enjoy the quality of the food and the staff, but not always every time.

Anyone here throw the trashmen a tip around the holidays? They been putting xmas cards in the trash can handle the past few years, i assume looking for a tip.

I tip on carryout at places i frequent where i enjoy the quality of the food and the staff, but not always every time.

Anyone here throw the trashmen a tip around the holidays? They been putting xmas cards in the trash can handle the past few years, i assume looking for a tip.
I swear to god if nyc sanitation put some **** like that in my mailbox. Dudes get paid 100k to pick up garbage.

My dude you had somebody take care of you your gal and three toddlers and your not gonna tip at all?? I just don't understand the logic.

She of course didn't need to check you as you had already left but, still she felt disrespected.
I just stumbled onto this thread and it is already hilarious. I have worked at a waiter/server/whatever clever title some establishments call it. I have a decent enough tolerance with service, just make sure my water doesn't empty, and make sure my food is hot. However if you are never around and my drink is empty, my food comes out late and is cold. Oh the tip is out the window.

Wife and I went out to Red Robin years ago, and the service must have been horrible. Wife and I pay and walk out, as we get to the car the lady comes out and asked why I didn't tip. I didn't even need to respond wife was like who are you coming out here flagging us down after giving us terrible service. We went back in and wife spoke to the manager, he agreed yeah that is out of line coming outside after someone.

I get it tipping is your "lively hood" as a waiter, however don't get tight when you are providing bad service. I recall working at Silver Diner back in the day guy had an easy order eggs, bacon, and toast. I was at the bar working so I kept his coffee filled and all the condiments in close proximity of him. Dude left me .85 cent tip. :smh:. I picked up the change and kept it moving, the tips work themselves out in the end.

.. If it's piss poor I'll just leave without eating.
:rofl:

Question do you tip on carryout orders, it is always a weird move. You reached around and grabbed my togo order out the window. Do I tip that or no?
I put $0.00 with a line through it
So there’s no mistakes
:rofl: This guy:rofl: I know you mentioned that spot in Anaheim, next time wife and I are on that coast we will check it out. Their are a couple spots in Tampa we frequent, Berns and Ocean's Prime. They might shank you if you leave Berns without tipping, food is A1 although the décor can be a little weird. I always like to hit up Ocean's Prime in Tampa fist one I have ever been to. Orlando I believed closed and the service here in DC is subpar, lady bumped up her tip on the credit card receipt. I noticed it on my CC statement but said F it.

Do we have a recommended mid to high class eating establishment thread with the states broken up within the thread? If not might be worth a shot.

My cousin owns a restaurant and he says you don't need to tip on a carry out.

Like some of y'all said if it's a family establishment / local hood spot that you frequently visit then yeah it's cool, more than likely it's cause they take care of you as well.

But he said **** that I don't tip on a carry out. He said some restaurants depending the amount of traffic they get, if they are super slammed then the tips are split amongst servers and the cooks get a piece of the pie as well, but his spot his chefs get paid weekly cash and don't touch any of the tips.

Barbers -Tip usually $5, $10, more $15 these days
Starbucks - don't eat or drink at Starbucks, not a huge coffee fan
Valet - yes
Taco truck - unsure what that is, never eaten at a Taco Truck, do you mean just a food truck in general? If so no
Lyft and Uber - yes
People at hotels - no
Massage places - yes the tip varies though, horrible service I gave a $20.
spent $65.17 after work today to fill up
and that was with my safeway/vons .20 cents off discount

What tank size you got, also you using premium or regular? I put regular in my Tundra and premium in the Lexus.

Someone asked race and location for those tipping barbers; black man, late 30's in Northern VA.

Yeah i'm never tipping for carry out. Went to this lil mom and pop joint I used to like visiting for the hot dogs, but the last time I made the order with the waitress the owner was nearby and they started talking and grumbling because I didn't tip. Turned me off the place completely. Like if you're so concerned about her earning you'd pay her more.

What are you paying for with the tip for carryout tho.
I guess I can kinda understand a mom n pop joint someone frequents , but if you're tipping because they hook you up, aren't you just paying extra for the extra food lol?
And if you tip because the place has excellent customer service, are yall leaving tips at chick fil a and other daughter and son establishments?

Oh yeah
I look em in the eye
When I hit that no tip button
on the tablet at the register
GOD DAMN you are savage man.

Their was a regular on Howard Stern "King of All Blacks" who was a trash man and said he was taking home like 5-10K around the holidays in New York. Take with a grain of salt, however noway am I tipping my trash man. If you leave a card I won't get it, I ain't touching anything touching my trashcan, I wash my hands after bringing in the can, what am I going to do with a card that was in or around the trash can all day. Hell I only spoke to my trash man for the first time in years over the holiday break, I asked him if they prefer leaves in the trash or recycling.

Yup, you are the problem. Soon we are gonna see disgruntled cashiers at take out windows posting receipts on social media cause they mad somebody didn’t tip on a carry out.

That jar is there for a reason. Just takes on fool to bite in order to shame the masses.

Pretty soon it’s gonna be a tip jar to enter the building. It’s gonna be survalince so If you don’t tip, you going on that summer jam screen.

GOD DAMN you are savage man.

Their was a regular on Howard Stern "King of All Blacks" who was a trash man and said he was taking home like 5-10K around the holidays in New York. Take with a grain of salt, however noway am I tipping my trash man. If you leave a card I won't get it, I ain't touching anything touching my trashcan, I wash my hands after bringing in the can, what am I going to do with a card that was in or around the trash can all day. Hell I only spoke to my trash man for the first time in years over the holiday break, I asked him if they prefer leaves in the trash or recycling.

Yall don’t have green compost bins for yard waste and food scraps?

I've never tipped for a carry out in my life.

Do people do That?
I have a spot that I’m a regular at..go there a lot. I slide a couple bucks here and there
And They treat me well
Orders always on point and they throw extra stuff in
They even save stuff for me so it doesn’t sell out
It’s a small mom and pop bakery though and we cool like that

I def don’t think it’s necessary for other people to do it though

Not American but have lived here for just over a year. Questions around tipping I need answered:

- Tip or no tip for carryout?
- If the food comes slow, waitress forgets something, do I still need to tip? Is there actually a time where no tip is justified apart from outrageous circumstances such as undercooked food or bug in my food?
I've been defaulting to 20% tip, never lower but in some situations I feel like they don't really deserve as much, if any.

Not American but have lived here for just over a year. Questions around tipping I need answered:

- Tip or no tip for carryout?

If I'm sitting at the bar waiting for it having a drink. I'll tip on the drink. Or if I'm sitting in my car and a host has to bring it out, I'll give him/her $1 or $2. But if I walk in just to pick up my food, I don't tip.

-If the food comes slow, waitress forgets something, do I still need to tip? Is there actually a time where no tip is justified apart from outrageous circumstances such as undercooked food or bug in my food?

If the food comes slow, it might now even be the servers fault. Politely ask him/her what the holdup is. Undercooked or contaminated food wouldn't be the servers fault either. Their response to that situation would be how you gauge their tip. To straight up give no tip, the service would have to be exceptionally bad.

Last edited:
If I'm sitting at the bar waiting for it having a drink. I'll tip on the drink. Or if I'm sitting in my car and a host has to bring it out, I'll give him/her $1 or $2. But if I walk in just to pick up my food, I don't tip.

If the food comes slow, it might now even be the servers fault. Politely ask him/her what the holdup is. Undercooked or contaminated food wouldn't be the servers fault either. Their response the that situation would be how you gauge their tip. To straight up give no tip, the service would have to be exceptionally bad.
That explains a lot. Thanks brethren

Yeah, **** outta here I'm not tipping **** if I'm picking up. All you literally did was hand me a bag. FOH

How much y'all tipping y'all barbers? Growing up I would see my dad tip the barber a dollar or 2 bucks. Even as a Kid I thought that was ****ing insane. Cheap ***.

I been going with the fin.

I go to my barber's crib once a month and give $50. $25 for the cut and $25 for tip.

Yeah i'm never tipping for carry out. Went to this lil mom and pop joint I used to like visiting for the hot dogs, but the last time I made the order with the waitress the owner was nearby and they started talking and grumbling because I didn't tip. Turned me off the place completely. Like if you're so concerned about her earning you'd pay her more.
THIS is my issue.

We don't hold these EMPLOYERS responsible to underpaying folks, but it is SO easy to get on the civilians that don't tip. It is SUCH a backwards argument man. It is annoying.

I have to wonder what your kids took from this entire encounter?

That's a cornball move in my opinion. And they way you are trying to portray yourself in this thread makes me even more secure in my thoughts.

Cornballism

Back
Top Bottom